3038 Grafts FUE / ASMED - Koray Erdogan / 30th April

52 minutes ago, literalno said:

What’s the reason for that? My doc says ur fine after a few weeks

I honestly don’t know. Cutting hair is permitted after a month but using scissors/shears on the transplanted area. If I had to guess it’s because of possible tugging on the transplanted hairs

8 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Does asmed have specific post op instructions for when and how u can cut ur hair? I know Lorenzo recommends not using electric clippers on the recipient hair for the first 5 months

They did say no clippers for 5 months.  Along with Lorenzo they're are the only clinics that suggest it and I've seen a few ASMED patients consistently buzz from the beginning.

• Like 1

HeyJeanLDD,

progress looks great, but to my opinion you looked great even before the second procedure.

just wondering, why did you decide to add more grafts in the hairline and why 1500?, didn't you like the shape or the density?

so it's impossible to get "good" and full hairline in one HT?

and something i have noticed, why in all kind of results i watch there is like a space, like a line with no hair beneath the hairline?, i hope you understand what i mean.

6 minutes ago, wheretogo said:

HeyJeanLDD,

progress looks great, but to my opinion you looked great even before the second procedure.

just wondering, why did you decide to add more grafts in the hairline and why 1500?, didn't you like the shape or the density?

so it's impossible to get "good" and full hairline in one HT?

and something i have noticed, why in all kind of results i watch there is like a space, like a line with no hair beneath the hairline?, i hope you understand what i mean.

I could have put up with the density, but my main issue was that the hairline was too conservative and still aged my face, being a 23 year old. It was also too rounded, which I actually asked for because I thought the original hairline he drew before the first procedure had too much of a peak and would draw more attention to recession.  The new hairline is quite a bit lower than from the first time round. There are always micro-issues in density to consider and can be improved when there are large areas being covered too.

I do think that yes most patients expecting a "perfect" result in a single procedure are delusional, unless they're a NW2 just filling in very small details or have extremely good donor. The only people who can't seem to understand this are those who haven't had transplants or looked at enough of them. Obviously you can see from my first transplant I had a big improvement and most people ought to be able to expect a result at that level, so if you think my first result is good then yes it is certainly possible. In my opinion my first result was very good compared to pre-op, but it certainly wasn't perfect and I wanted more. A lot of people seem to get offended by the idea that they can't get perfect results in a single procedure, but its reality. 

Not 100% sure what you mean on the no hair beneath the hairline thing, maybe you could draw it on the image. 

Yea, i didn't explain myself correctly, i meant the hairline itself when one pull the hair back it always seems kinda thin.

i had alot of area to cover and i know it is only 7.5 months but i think i would need some touch ups because if you can see the sides of the hairline is kinda fine but in the middle it's like too thin going in little bit.

what do you think?

first picture pre op.

2 picture post op.

3, 4 ,5 pictures- 7.5 months (3 without flash, 4 and 5 with flash).

4.jpg

5.jpg

20180929_135210.jpg

20180929_135334.jpg

20180929_135238.jpg

39 minutes ago, wheretogo said:

Yea, i didn't explain myself correctly, i meant the hairline itself when one pull the hair back it always seems kinda thin.

i had alot of area to cover and i know it is only 7.5 months but i think i would need some touch ups because if you can see the sides of the hairline is kinda fine but in the middle it's like too thin going in little bit.

what do you think?

first picture pre op.

2 picture post op.

3, 4 ,5 pictures- 7.5 months (3 without flash, 4 and 5 with flash).

4.jpg

5.jpg

20180929_135210.jpg

20180929_135334.jpg

20180929_135238.jpg

"Yea, i didn't explain myself correctly, i meant the hairline itself when one pull the hair back it always seems kinda thin."

I know what you mean, I think its just an effect of when I pull the hairline back, if I just wear the hair upwards to the hairline is exposed you don't notice it and there isn't any sort of density gap.

Would need to see a photo from top view to be 100% sure, but overall your result looks very good considering you had a virtually slick bald scalp at the front. I had mild improvement from 7.5 months to 12 also so you've probably got a bit left in the tank. Don't think you can be too disappointed, those small issues you mention at the middle of the hairline are what I mean when I say its hard to get perfection in a single procedure.  If I saw your hair in real life I might think it looked a little thin in that area but nothing beyond that.

It still irritating me, that space, hope it will fill or thick up.

my growth was slower than others (don't take meds or minoxi) and in the meeting with the doctor he said i got more growth to come until 9-10 month so i hope things will get better because got thin areas behind the hairline (depending how i comb it).

by the way, when you added 1500 grafts were you concern about shock loss of the hair transplanted in the first HT or it is just relevant to the native hair?

when i shampoo and comb my hair (long time haven't comb it:) i can see still some hairs on my hand, i know that hairs shed everyday normally and i don't know which part of the scalp those hairs but should i worry or relax about that?

does transplanted hair don't shed ever? (in normal situations?).

pictures with flash (when hair was damp comb it back).

20180929_154953.jpg

20180929_154958.jpg

Edited by wheretogo

5 months. Hair still has a lot of length to grow (about two more months to blend with my typical length on top),  but the majority of the growth has begun and at a distance and without harsh lighting you can see the new hairline well.

I'll get some better pics later but just thought these showed the basics of the new hairline nicely.

FullSizeRender-01-10-18-07-17.thumb.jpg.439f46fb2dc43f33a8dc3d0386f21c6b.jpgIMG_0217-01-10-18-07-17.thumb.PNG.29c84c2d42511641176abe4d5dbca13e.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Payam said:

Looks really promising, is it growing better than your first transplant?

Hard to be sure but I think its roughly the same at this point. 

24 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Payam, there is no magic tech (or doctor) who will have 100 % growth rate for all patients. A good clinic will do good work, and will habe all the angles etc. correct. But they cannot guarantee density as you own body is the X-factor.

No need to become defensive I am genuinely curious. Different techs will most definitely have different skill and experience levels. If i went in and had a great result the first time like Jean i would obviously want the same team of techs. 

1 minute ago, Payam said:

No need to become defensive I am genuinely curious. Different techs will most definitely have different skill and experience levels. If i went in and had a great result the first time like Jean i would obviously want the same team of techs. 

I personally don't think any issue you might have would be a result of your techs, but yes it was the same team as last time.  I didn't have PRP either time.

On the point of techs, you have to appreciate that different patients are suited to having a doctor do everything and others aren't. For myself and 99% of patients in my situation, they could never have had the results or graft numbers I did via FUE with a surgeon like Keser or Konior that does the entire surgery.  At this graft number with Konior it also would have cost almost $50000 USD. Its not realistic and quite frankly its a waste of money for those who require large graft numbers like you or myself. Unless I'm looking for small refinement work where it would be of benefit, I don't want to pay cosmetic surgeon wages. Using techs has nothing to do with dishonesty or trying to screw patients over like you're pretending to yourself.  It also avoids surgeon fatigue.

Look away from ASMED at other major clinics where the surgeon does all the work and you will still see poor results with all of them. You need to stop thinking you've been badly treated because you haven't. The vast majority who go to ASMED are getting good results, look on the International forum where there are about 40 results from the past 12 months. 95% are positive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

I personally don't think any issue you might have would be a result of your techs, but yes it was the same team as last time.  I didn't have PRP either time.

On the point of techs, you have to appreciate that different patients are suited to having a doctor do everything and others aren't. For myself and 99% of patients in my situation, they could never have had the results or graft numbers I did via FUE with a surgeon like Keser or Konior that does the entire surgery.  At this graft number with Konior it also would have cost almost $50000 USD. Its not realistic and quite frankly its a waste of money for those who require large graft numbers like you or myself. Unless I'm looking for small refinement work where it would be of benefit, I don't want to pay cosmetic surgeon wages. Using techs has nothing to do with dishonesty or trying to screw patients over like you're pretending to yourself.  It also avoids surgeon fatigue.

Look away from ASMED at other major clinics where the surgeon does all the work and you will still see poor results with all of them. You need to stop thinking you've been badly treated because you haven't. The vast majority who go to ASMED are getting good results, look on the International forum where there are about 40 results from the past 12 months. 95% are positive.

It is definitely a fact that tech skill and experience plays a huge part in graft survival rate so that can't be discounted. I will address the consistency and honesty of this clinic in my next update with some examples, don't wanna derail your thread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like ur new hairline jean .. looks kinda like doctor diep hairline ..  it makes ur forehead look more proportioned with ur face .. ur density is going well too .. I like how asmed extractions are clean looking .. keep us updated .. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 1:03 PM, JeanLDD said:

5 months. Hair still has a lot of length to grow (about two more months to blend with my typical length on top),  but the majority of the growth has begun and at a distance and without harsh lighting you can see the new hairline well.

I'll get some better pics later but just thought these showed the basics of the new hairline nicely.

FullSizeRender-01-10-18-07-17.thumb.jpg.439f46fb2dc43f33a8dc3d0386f21c6b.jpgIMG_0217-01-10-18-07-17.thumb.PNG.29c84c2d42511641176abe4d5dbca13e.PNG

Could you please provide some clear photos in a more lit place? I can barely see any details, if at all.

Edited by sqny

Just now, sqny said:

Could you please provide some clear photos in a more lit place? I can barely see any details, if at all.

I will do detailed 6 month photos in the next day or so with a proper camera. 

I realise that the lighting was poor but like I said in the post that wasn't the point, it was just to show the emerging overall shape of the hairline rather than the exact details.

I'll post a few more recent phone photos here, I know that again the lighting image quality isn't perfect but again that's not the point. I think most people who take selfies or general photos when they're on the go want to see how the transplant will look in photos or how it appears at a reasonable distance and without a professional camera.  Just as relevant as detailed, close-up sunlight pics imo.

IMG_0917-04-11-18-07-09.thumb.PNG.657ebb90c6cc5f6077265fd8d04e15fd.PNGIMG_0918-04-11-18-07-09.thumb.PNG.e787250a8a0692eb989a5a254101ccae.PNG