3500 Scheduled with Dr. Cinik 12/12

lukeyb1687

Thanks Fortuneplant,

I'll hold off hitting the gym for a few more weeks and see if that helps.

I did decide to shave the donor area last night to a 0 guard.....it looks so much better than I thought it would!! Trimmed the recipient are with scissor, still too nervous to buzz that for a few more months.

Buzzing it down certainly helps blend the transplanted hairs and it's not as red as I thought! A few gross pimples on the back but hopefully will go down soon!

Photos with and without flash.

20180123_104756.thumb.jpg.76b1742cca0795383ccdefadf18cc740.jpg

20180123_104815.thumb.jpg.9f2c1e00bd94f501966baa7c3ef9bab9.jpg

20180123_104819.thumb.jpg.e41123f5f5682eb9cc8d33c22f4faf16.jpg

20180123_104825.thumb.jpg.d5170a74c36365f88477cb089ec14447.jpg

20180123_104830.thumb.jpg.ba55a218e17bbdaef343a03846e8688b.jpg

20180123_104834.thumb.jpg.62f23b17551507703e5e01ef34be234d.jpg

20180123_104840.thumb.jpg.6b04f0cef70fe516ecf5be49b5ef442d.jpg

20180123_104842.thumb.jpg.ecbbe9ba69d140d8f6dbe963633172f8.jpg

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

This is my first post.

Thank you for sharing your adventure @lukeyb1687.

Looking forward to your result as I am also considering Dr. Cinik.

As for @realtytr, I think he may be a different doctor or works for a doctor in that area.

One point is valid though... as I was researching, some people said that the technicians did bulk of the work and doctor just checked at the beginning, did some work in the middle, and checked in at the end... can you please confirm or deny that @lukeyb1687?

Some people went as far as to say that the technicians were using phone during the procedure. Phones are full of bacteria... so that scares me.

Looking forward to your response.

Hi Blaze,

Welcome to the forum! That's great you've looked into Dr.Cinik too. Did you already have a consultation already? I would recommend that you speak to at least 3 different surgeons in total and get familiar with their work and your expectations.

What is the status of your hair loss? How old are you? How long have you suffered?

I can say I never saw any phones being used during my procedure, I also fell asleep throughout the majority of it, and I would not go anywhere that could cause any contamination through negligence. Dr. Cinik was the one who performed my operation.

Hope my thread helps with your experience.

Follow my progress:

Hi Blaze,

Welcome to the forum! That's great you've looked into Dr.Cinik too. Did you already have a consultation already? I would recommend that you speak to at least 3 different surgeons in total and get familiar with their work and your expectations.

What is the status of your hair loss? How old are you? How long have you suffered?

I can say I never saw any phones being used during my procedure, I also fell asleep throughout the majority of it, and I would not go anywhere that could cause any contamination through negligence. Dr. Cinik was the one who performed my operation.

Hope my thread helps with your experience.

Hi Lukey - thanks for the response. Yes - I just emailed them. Good idea about speaking to 3 different surgeons. Any suggestions?

So did Dr. Cinik perform the whole procedure of 6-8 hours? Can you please recollect the breakdown by hour (time you were not sleeping :P ) Did someone else performed any part of the procedure?

As for my introduction - I have opened a thread to track my journey. See below:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?p=2519919#post2519919

Hello everyone,

Thanks for visiting my post. I will be sharing my journey of hair loss and hair gain (hopefully).

My forum name is Blaze99 - you can call me blaze. I am in early my 30s, suffering from hair loss.

My mom told me my hair was so thick, she couldn't see my scalp when I was a kid (She was probably overstating, but you get the picture).

In my early 20s, I had a real thick set of hair. I used to gel up - even when I had short hair. I used Paul Mitchel tee tree gel and head & shoulder shampoo. When I was tight on money during my teenage years, I used cheap gel from dollar store too. I used to back brush hair like russian mafia. :D

During my mid 20s, I started losing hair. My hair was so heavy and thick, I just thought this was natural. During late 20s, I started noticing bald area on my crown. I started freaking out. Started using gnc keratin. Alas.. hair continued to fall. I added fish oil supplement... still no luck. Worst yet, I started noticing hair thinning up front too.

After a couple of years, I stopped using gnc keratin and started using rogaine. Although I saw some initial results, hair loss is continued. Maybe not as bad as late 20s and 30... but still losing hair. Very recently, I also started using nizoral shampoo. Before that, for the last year and half, I used baby shampoo to avoid all the chemicals.

At this point, I am considering a hair transplant. I am doing research... reached out to a Dr. in Istanbul and his assistant recommended FUE.

Before someone asks, I dont want to use Finasteride because of the side effects.

This is my story... I hope this can help someone who is losing hair. Perhaps help not make some of the mistakes I made.

I will continue to share my experience as I go through the hair transplant procedure. I am not sure which doctor I will go to - but I will go to Europe most likely because of the cost factor.

Thank you all for reading my story. All your expert (or non-expert) input are welcome. Feel free to share your story too. Talk soon.

Hi Lukey - thanks for the response. Yes - I just emailed them. Good idea about speaking to 3 different surgeons. Any suggestions?

So did Dr. Cinik perform the whole procedure of 6-8 hours? Can you please recollect the breakdown by hour (time you were not sleeping :P ) Did someone else performed any part of the procedure?

As for my introduction - I have opened a thread to track my journey. See below:

My journey: Full set to thinning - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

I don't think the dr would perform the whole operation, even asmed who charges way more doesn't do the whole operation... usually, they just open the canals and technicians put the hairs inside.

but I don't think it matters as long as the job is good. also you are paying 2000euro which is very cheap,these clinics(in general, all of them) usually do 5-10 patients a day, the dr can't do all of them by himself for this price.

@lukeyb1687 in your last update your head is huge, is it still swollen? how long did it take to go away?

you kinda look like this guy :

https://hips.hearstapps.com/pop.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/15/05/54cb5fb1479bc_-_megamind_1110-md.jpg?crop=1xw:1.0xh;center,top&resize=480:*

kinda scary :D

do you think it was caused because of 3500 grafts were implanted in one day?

Edited by Dany8

I don't think the dr would perform the whole operation, even asmed who charges way more doesn't do the whole operation... usually, they just open the canals and technicians put the hairs inside.

but I don't think it matters as long as the job is good. also you are paying 2000euro which is very cheap,these clinics(in general, all of them) usually do 5-10 patients a day, the dr can't do all of them by himself for this price.

Interesting information. In that case why do people pay so much more just to go under the knife of an unknown technician? Isn't like buying a lottery? You can get a technician who is 5 years experienced or someone who started last week. No?

Interesting information. In that case why do people pay so much more just to go under the knife of an unknown technician? Isn't like buying a lottery? You can get a technician who is 5 years experienced or someone who started last week. No?

exactly, but usually, they are working in a group so it's not like the new technician works alone. plus, there is always the option of going with a dr that performs the whole operation himself like keser, but he charges 3.5euro per graft, it's 3-4times the amount of other clinics. if you have the money nobody would suggest you not to go there. for example for me 10k is a lot compared to 2k. I may have to go twice so I cant afford 20k.

the only thing that is important is to do your research and see as many result as you can. the only negative review I saw of this doctor was that,some guy said "people were coming in and out during operation and some of the technicians were using phone during the operation" but it was a few years ago and I'm assuming they saw the bad review and already took measures that this doesn't happen again.

they are very careful about bad reviews so I'm guessing they wouldn't want somebody bad mouthing them either after a bad surgery,therefore they would train their technicians very well. in this business, the reviews can end you.

look for as many before/after reviews as you can to see how they turned out and how was their experience, especially the ones that have journals like this thread. they wouldn't be fake because the patient writes his experience with pictures of himself.

I'm considering this dr as well, if I could afford to spend more money I would go with a dr that does it himself, but since I can't afford it, I'll just settle with the best one at my budget.

exactly, but usually, they are working in a group so it's not like the new technician works alone. plus, there is always the option of going with a dr that performs the whole operation himself like keser, but he charges 3.5euro per graft, it's 3-4times the amount of other clinics. if you have the money nobody would suggest you not to go there. for example for me 10k is a lot compared to 2k. I may have to go twice so I cant afford 20k.

the only thing that is important is to do your research and see as many result as you can. the only negative review I saw of this doctor was that,some guy said "people were coming in and out during operation and some of the technicians were using phone during the operation" but it was a few years ago and I'm assuming they saw the bad review and already took measures that this doesn't happen again.

they are very careful about bad reviews so I'm guessing they wouldn't want somebody bad mouthing them either after a bad surgery,therefore they would train their technicians very well. in this business, the reviews can end you.

look for as many before/after reviews as you can to see how they turned out and how was their experience, especially the ones that have journals like this thread. they wouldn't be fake because the patient writes his experience with pictures of himself.

I'm considering this dr as well, if I could afford to spend more money I would go with a dr that does it himself, but since I can't afford it, I'll just settle with the best one at my budget.

Thanks for the response. Btw, I feel very lucky - you used your first three posts to address all my concerns. Aren't you kind. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the response. Btw, I feel very lucky - you used your first three posts to address all my concerns. Aren't you kind. :rolleyes:

your welcome, I've been doing research without registering on different forums, but since I want to take action, I felt I need to make an account.

I'm planning to go in april or may. I'll take 1month off, so I have enough time for recovery. I really don't want people at work to know I had HT :(

Hey everyone!

In terms of recounting the operarion. I fell asleep for the majority of it (I was given a nightmask to use) but I spoke to the clinic and I must apologize. Dr. Cinik did the extractions, opened the recipient area, and started the placement of the grafts and final grafts. The majority were implanted by his techs, however he assures me that the techs are of high caliber and talented and that most clinics perform this way.I recall Dr. Cinik talking to me throughout the op (waking me from slumber) so just assumed he was there the whole time.

While I feel like this is normal practice for some clinics. I must apologize as I thought he did the whole procedure! Needless to say I am still excited about my results and will keep you all posted on the results.

Since my last post more and more white folllicles (baby) have appeared, although you have to be in the right lighting and angle to see them. I'll post some pics in the up coming days as things start to change :)

Follow my progress:

your welcome, I've been doing research without registering on different forums, but since I want to take action, I felt I need to make an account.

I'm planning to go in april or may. I'll take 1month off, so I have enough time for recovery. I really don't want people at work to know I had HT :(

Hey Dany,

It's interesting, after 49 days I realized that I dont care about my hair in the way I used to. Now I'm loud and proud about telling people I had a hair transplant rather than going to cover up the balding area. Something psychologically changes at a certian mark (mine was about the 2 1/2 week mark) where all of a sudden confidence bopstse through the roof and I didn't care that how it looked. Since I've been cutting it down to a 0 guard, I'm in love with the way I look rocking that low cut! Yeah I still have some pinkness but overall it looks better (imo). I wouldn't recommend taking a full month off, maybe 2 weeks but depends on your situatuoke. I had a very supportive work environment and told everyone prior and showed everyone immediately after.

Dany,

Haha I love Megamind! I think I do have a little swelling still, but I've alsp always had a bulbus shaped head. Also could be the angle my head's at, plus I lost a ton of weight and look gauntish lol.

Follow my progress:

Lukey B

How do you know how many graft were implanted, please ask the following:

1. Your hair thickness

2.Graft planted per cm square

3. Your donor capacity left remaining

4. Graft Breakdown , how many one,two,three or four hairs you had in each graft

Regards

HI Ram,

I have sent an e-mail asking for the density. The other questions were asked in a previous post and the doctor was not able to provide the graft breakdown. I was given a letter from the office stating how many grafts were extracted and transplanted.

Hopefully will get a response this weekend :)

Everything is still looking pretty much the same, although more and more thin whipsy white hairs are coming through!

Follow my progress:

Decided to buzz down to a zero again on the donor (scissors for the recipient)... It really doesnt look bad (minus the pimples) it's still a little pink but in natural light it looks great. These are taken at night with flash in the bathroom.

Overall the donor area seems to have taken the longest to heal (pinkness) and yes there are a few areas that have the white FUE scars, but those were to be expected for 3500 grafts and being buzzed down to a zero. I won't be buzzing it this short that often when everything is grown in, but nice to know I'll have the option when everything is healed.

20180204_214136.thumb.jpg.5ae0be4e21922155c7d404faa54fdd16.jpg

20180204_214200.thumb.jpg.6aedcf0d4cb27cf93b08d4d03305b0e4.jpg

20180204_214210.thumb.jpg.4f8cbebf155f59e21bc622db3a3e427b.jpg

20180204_214243.thumb.jpg.fd1956ccb6bf20bba707b804b672f8ff.jpg

Follow my progress:

Yes! Here is day 54!!

Still a little pink but seeing more and more little hairs sprouting through!!!

looks like some early growth, thats gr8. Im getting the same, very itchy all the time. Alot of tingling. I have ingrown hair bump, and pimples all over. Very good sign!

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

Hey Matt,

Yeah I'm excited about te early growth :)

Oh no I don't have itchiness, have you tried coconut oil to help?

My feelings on the scalp has come back to about 70% which I'm happy about!! That was nerve racking (no pun intended haha)

John, you look great! The redness doesn't seem that bad! How's your donor area doing?

Follow my progress:

Thanks Luke. As always, you are very kind. The donor area looks fine so far (with longer hair). I'm planing to get my first haircut done in a month.

Thanks again for your update and hopefully there will be more to show in a month for both of us.

Hey Matt,

Yeah I'm excited about te early growth :)

Oh no I don't have itchiness, have you tried coconut oil to help?

My feelings on the scalp has come back to about 70% which I'm happy about!! That was nerve racking (no pun intended haha)

John, you look great! The redness doesn't seem that bad! How's your donor area doing?

I eat coconut oil every morning but never put it on my scalp lol....yeah i think the itching is the follicles pushing through the surface of the skin....Also yeah feeling is slowly coming back to my scalp (recipient area) prob about 85% now. I will post pics on my post at the 2 month mark. about 5 days from now. Feels good knowing the best is yet to come, and the worst is behind.

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable