12 months into my supposed transplant

VictimComplex

My doctor, who will remain nameless until I talk to him again in about a month, performed my transplant, Dec 9th of last year. I am seriously at a loss for how horrible the results are and honestly would be taking a refund if it was offered. The surgeon offered 100 more grafts at no cost to fix it, to his credit, but I don't think it will be enough, and seems like a laughable suggestion. I don't know what detail I can go into here, but I'm fairly certain that my doctor was less hands-on than I expected him to be, and he simply checked my scalp after the techs did their work.

It's simply so obvious that this is not my god given hairline, that I've had to wear a hat almost every waking moment of this year. The difference in thickness where it comes back to what hair I have left on my temple is huge give away. Also, the front hairline is just dense enough to make it obvious that there's some unnatural going on. I honesty look worse now, having had this transplant. To think I paid 6 grand to look worse is god awful.

My question is, is there anything I can do, besides work with my doctor, to make this right if the doctor refuses to given me an actual solution or refund?

IMG_8590.thumb.jpg.6351597fa322387aa38e4e3bd99971a5.jpg

IMG_8593.jpg.4d68b3b868b61d6039f20a077d726e3d.jpg

IMG_8594.jpg.d53a70831e65ce9b8521296ac15271ae.jpg

IMG_8600.jpg.4562f31952bb5dec97b86396d6cba122.jpg

Don't walk, run. That's not quality work and you would be doubling down on a bad decision to go back.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Is there any recourse I have to get a some money back for malpractice.... I mean there’s no way this is just bad luck I’m assuming.

Not really. I don't think if would be called gross malpractice, it is just old technique and crappy work. I think that you would be causing yourself a lot more stress and not get anything out of it.

The best bet is to cut your losses and save what you can with ta decent doctor.

Not to bust your chops, but its not bad luck, it was bad research too. You should take responsibility for your body and do the research that is appropriate before you alter your body for life.

I know that hair loss is very emotionally distressing, but living with a bad procedure is much worse.

Going back to this guy to save money would be a big mistake.

Move on and do it right. You can bounce back from this, but it would definitely be considered a repair IMO.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

When I say bad luck I meant maybe I’m just someone who’s hair transplant didn’t take nearly as much as what was transplanted for no reason. That being said, that wouldn’t account for the scarring and poorly oriented follicles.

Addressing your comment though, what was I supposed to research? He is on the list of IAHRS surgeons, had a good sized portfolio of good results, almost 30 years in the business and I couldn’t find a bad thing to be said about him posted anywhere. My best guess is that he’s retiring soon and got sloppy/indifferent.

What paperwork did you sign before surgery? That will determine your legal recourse to seek a refund or not.

I definitely would not be trusting this person for follow up work, I'm sorry for your circumstances.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Honestly, I would love everyone’s honest opinion and detailing the flaws in the results.

And the doctor claims that growing the hair out and combing the follicles over themselves should create the illusion of thickness. While this is true, I find it odd that this outcome restricts my method I choose to sytle my hair...

And thanks for the help Speegs.

Honestly, I would love everyone’s honest opinion and detailing the flaws in the results.

And the doctor claims that growing the hair out and combing the follicles over themselves should create the illusion of thickness. While this is true, I find it odd that this outcome restricts my method I choose to sytle my hair...

And thanks for the help Speegs.

How many grafts were in the original procedure? It looks like a low yield for growth and probably wasn't enough grafts in the first place causing too much spacing which contributes to a poor cosmetic result.

The fact he thinks 100 grafts is enough to compensate this result is insultingly low, which is why I'm curious as to what the graft amount was in the first place.

Your hair also looks pluggy, not natural, did he use mini grafts instead of FUT or FUE?

How many grafts were in the original procedure? It looks like a low yield for growth and probably wasn't enough grafts in the first place causing too much spacing which contributes to a poor cosmetic result.

The fact he thinks 100 grafts is enough to compensate this result is insultingly low, which is why I'm curious as to what the graft amount was in the first place.

Your hair also looks pluggy, not natural, did he use mini grafts instead of FUT or FUE?

The grafts totaled to 1600 and he went as far back as the red line (this is the before pic, by the way). And he used a FUT. And I honestly don't know what a mini graft is, I'll have to look it up.

IMG_8590.thumb.jpg.1849502328fb10fde0e8b01935697cf9.jpg

The grafts totaled to 1600 and he went as far back as the red line (this is the before pic, by the way). And he used a FUT. And I honestly don't know what a mini graft is, I'll have to look it up.
Far too sparse for a surgery to have a cosmetic benefit given the degree of your hair loss and your light skin type.

You needed at least 2500, and truthfully maybe double that in the form of two surgeries of at least 2500.

For example, the area of your hair loss you map out was the same area I had worked on over the course of three surgeries and 7,000 grafts in order to make it cosmetically full and dense.

Mini-graft or Micrografting is an outdated procedure that looks very much like some of your grafts do in a few of the pictures.

It's a far less refined form of strip surgery that can look pluggy in appearance.

It was basically the stage of surgery between plugs and figuring out follicular units.

Far too sparse for a surgery to have a cosmetic benefit given the degree of your hair loss and your light skin type.

You needed at least 2500, and truthfully maybe double that in the form of two surgeries of at least 2500.

For example, the area of your hair loss you map out was the same area I had worked on over the course of three surgeries and 7,000 grafts in order to make it cosmetically full and dense.

Mini-graft or Micrografting is an outdated procedure that looks very much like some of your grafts do in a few of the pictures.

It's a far less refined form of strip surgery that can look pluggy in appearance.

It was basically the stage of surgery between plugs and figuring out follicular units.

7000 grafts just in your front third? You must have gone farther back than that. Is your crown just completely empty forever now? That seems like an exxaggeration.

That being said, 1600 grafts for that area is also too little. 1600 grafts is what I see must people recommend for just the hairline. So even if this surgeon used perfect technique (which they did not) you would still get a less than satisfactory result.

The good news is, you only used up 1600 grafts! And the ones you used aren't useless. Some of them are pluggy, but not the ones in your hairline. You should go get another surgery from a better doctor who will transplant around 2000 grafts into the hairline and fill in those patches behind it.

Other than the loss of money I don't think you're in too bad of shape. You just definitely need another HT ASAP.

• Like 1

7000 grafts just in your front third? You must have gone farther back than that. Is your crown just completely empty forever now? That seems like an exxaggeration.

That being said, 1600 grafts for that area is also too little. 1600 grafts is what I see must people recommend for just the hairline. So even if this surgeon used perfect technique (which they did not) you would still get a less than satisfactory result.

The good news is, you only used up 1600 grafts! And the ones you used aren't useless. Some of them are pluggy, but not the ones in your hairline. You should go get another surgery from a better doctor who will transplant around 2000 grafts into the hairline and fill in those patches behind it.

Other than the loss of money I don't think you're in too bad of shape. You just definitely need another HT ASAP.

Yep, 7000 all in the front third, trust me, I was there.;) Dark fine hair and a light skin complexion sometimes make more grafts required.

My crown and mid scalp are intact from finasteride. I have a full head of hair, a complete cosmetic restoration.

Sorry but you are rationalizing too much. Under no circumstances should you allow this guy to do any more damage and waste more of your finite grafts. His suggestions are laughable, and frankly offensive. He doesn't seem ethical.

Just by looking at the size of the grafts and the dolls-hair placement, this guy is clearly using antiquated techniques. And no offense to the any doctors, but I'd actually be scared of someone supposedly practicing for 30 years. The guy must be ancient.

You need to go to someone experienced with megasessions like Hasson and Wong.

For your level of hairloss, I agree with those who have said that at least 4500 grafts would be needed. I'll refrain from commenting on the type of procedure you had as it's hard to say with any certainty on the basis of the photos.

It looks to me like you had patchy growth from the procedure. A disappointment to be sure, but looking at it with positivity, you only used a small number of grafts which should mean that you have plenty of donor left.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After reading your other thread it is now clear this is Dr. Beehner. Actually it could only be him or this other clinic which uses the same method and "produced" one of the worst results in the history of this forum.

My opinion: Run from this clinic. If you get some money back, fine. But do not go there anotther time for surgery. They are outdated and lazy.

For the mods: If you read my posts, you will learn that I am not a member who harasses clinics. Just look at the “Considering Dr. Doganay for Recommendation Now That He's Made Corrections” Thread. I always try to see both sides. But: Actually I think it is time to think of taking Dr. Beehner from this list. He seems outdated in any way. Uses old methods, the staff he has trained seems worse than him. Also I have read some of his studies which have major scientific flaws. There are so many great surgeons not recommended here. Why should there be this clinic on it and mislead poor guys.

Thanks for the support. And he was upset with me by them time I left his office, so I don’t think it’s likely he’ll have me back, even if I was stupid enough to do so.

I mentioned a refund, but he didn’t express any desire to give me one. So at this point I’m going to do my best to prevent peiple from going to his clinic in the future. I already dissuaded one of his potential customers on reddit.

Just to let you know. I have contacted one of the mods because of this topic and the other one.

I wish you all the best. If I were you: Forget about the $. Everyone is doing a bad investment once. Hair is for life: Visit 2-3 reputabe clinics, discuss your options and fix this.

I agree with Gasthoerer cut your loses and run.....and also to the mods of this site this Dr. has NO business being recommended here. And if he still is, i will be removing my profile.

12/11/17 2500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Steven Gable

100 grafts? What a joke.

You mentioned that he was upset with you during your most recent consult? Can you explain? Did he try and insist that this was a high quality good result?

I recommend using this forum to shine a spotlight on his shoddy work and maybe he'll eventually feel some pressure to do the right thing.

For the mods: I'm with the other guys in this thread that think Dr Beehner needs to come tell his side of the story ASAP and serious thought should be given to removing him from the list of recommended docs.

He was upset when I said something along the lines of ‘If you’re happy with the results, I’ll be happy to post my photos online’ then he claimed he had the right to defend himself if I did so, then got up and showed me the door without saying much else, if anything. The way he said it was interested; why would he feel the need to ‘defend’ himself if he actually felt his work was of high quality?

Below is my recent reddit post, with some more detail possibly. I found it interesting that my post was so heavily downvoted too.

Something else I want to mention is the distress and embarassment the persistant redness has caused me over the 13 months since I had the work done. It’s been another problem on it’s own.

I’m currently looking into any legal measures I can take for the damage caused. I know some have mentioned moving on, but I can’t stand that I paid over 6 grand for this result that left me with a FUT scar and nothing but a pink scalp.