Concerned about 5 month post-op results

I had 2,200 grafts put in my crown area exactly 5 months ago. I thought 2,200 grafts would be thicker than this. Here is the result. Looking for opinions/advice. The crown area was bald as a baby's ass 5 months ago. Looks like some thicker area in the middle followed by peach fuzz around the ends.

IMG_3153.thumb.JPG.21f204c95dea12a4710b9b916457099b.JPG

Crowns are notoriously slow, many docs say don't expect to start seeing growth until you're 6 months in, crowns are usually a good 2-3 months behind hairline growth so, if they start at month 3-4, that's 5-6 months for crowns.. and that you're here at 5 months, probably has you ahead of the curve.

I had 2,200 grafts put in my crown area exactly 5 months ago. I thought 2,200 grafts would be thicker than this. Here is the result. Looking for opinions/advice. The crown area was bald as a baby's ass 5 months ago. Looks like some thicker area in the middle followed by peach fuzz around the ends.

with no pre-op pic kinda hard to make a true comparison - and as others have stated, 5 months is kinda early growth for crown work - that is likely not your final result with more growth, density and maturation to come over the next 7 months

We need a pre op pic and ideally a better quality post op one to really help you. But if as you say, your crown was totally bald before then I'd say at just five months you're looking on track.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Agree, preop pic needed. The "arc" of hair looks like it is coming along nicely. Did the area in from of that get transplanted or was it shocked and recovering slowly? Hard to tell without something else to go on.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Gotta be patient my friend, 5 months post op is far too early to be alarmed about progress, you need to realize that this is a 12 to 18 month waiting game.

Happy growing, I hope your patience is rewarded.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

It's still quite early, so don't get discouraged. Also, post your official pre-op/post-op photos from the clinic if you have them so we can see what you started with.

Patience is gonna be your best friend in the months to come. Try not to analyze your growth more than twice a month - if that. You'll only drive yourself crazy trying to see any signs of improvement. While difficult, the best thing you can do is try and put it out of your mind and train yourself not to look at it every day. Then before you know it, you'll look in the mirror one day and be very pleasantly surprised. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Definitely too soon to worry or make any kind of judgement on the success of the procedure. It would be helpful to see pre-op photos. If your crown was totally bald before the op then you've already seen a lot of growth.

Pre-op photos would let us see if you've lost more hair since the procedure. I've got a feeling that your loss might have accelerated.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com