Has my transplant failed?

Jonnyboy17

It's been 8 months since my surgery and I have no sign of regrowth. Does that mean that it didn't work or is there still time?

If it didn't work can I expect money back / another transplant for free?

Many thanks for any help.

Hi Jonnyboy17, you'll probably need to upload some photos for people to assess and give any advice. Some before the procedure, after and how you look now should give a good representation. Maybe also advise who the surgeon was as well.

Hi Jonnyboy17, you'll probably need to upload some photos for people to assess and give any advice. Some before the procedure, after and how you look now should give a good representation. Maybe also advise who the surgeon was as well.

Yes, more solid information before any of us can give any opinion. FUE or FUT, how many grafts, before and after pics, etc... where and with who? Have you been in contact with the clinic/Doctor?

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

It's been 8 months since my surgery and I have no sign of regrowth. Does that mean that it didn't work or is there still time?

If it didn't work can I expect money back / another transplant for free?

Many thanks for any help.

Hi Jonnyboy17,

If after 8 months there is no sign of any growth in the recipient area then I would say there is a problem. You should consult with your doctor first.

As already mentioned, some clear before, post procedure and present pics as well as your procedure details will be useful if you wish to have a more precise response from the forum.

If you are indeed 8 months post-op with no signs of growth, that's not very promising and you should be consulting with your surgeon. Providing pictures and as many details as possible is the only way we can give any type of constructive feedback...

My main hope here is that you actually did a lot of research beforehand and asked all the necessary questions before you had the procedure.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It's difficult to judge. Your first photo shows your crown and the last photo (which I guess is you now, at 8 months) is from a different angle. The majority of the grafts were placed towards the front of your scalp and the photos don't really show that area.

Looking at the post-op photos, it doesn't look like the grafts were placed at a high density in your crown area and frankly it isn't a surprise that you aren't seeing much of a difference there.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Sorry, no one can help you with this pics.

You have placed 75 % of your grafts in the front and do not show the front before or after. What do you expect us to say?

In you crown there is hardly some grafts inserted. If you have kept the status (lost the same as you gained back) you did well.

The front was never such a problem for me. I was always much more conscious about the crown! But from the sounds of it they did not do a very good job on the top hence why I have had such a poor result! Disappointing.

I don't think any anyone is saying its a poor result, 8 months is far too early to judge, you will have to wait 12 - 18 months for the final result. Your clinic should have told you this. Also there does not appear to be much concentration of placement of grafts in the crown (could be mistaken) as already mentioned, surely this would have been discussed in your surgery plan.

I just think that you need to provide more info on the actual procedure for an accurate judgement to be made. If the reasons for having surgery was to primarily address your crown area and the front was still strong then why were so many grafts placed at the front? Try to provide some much better clearer before, post and present pics and tell us the exact reasons behind you going for transplant surgery.

The vague picture you have provided as your pre-op doesn't even make you look like an immediate candidate for surgery, more so a candidate for meds.

Would you say there weren't enough grafts on the crown for me to see a good result?

I can see that most of the grafts were placed towards the frontal part of your scalp and the density looks low at your crown. Lots of space between the grafts.

You still have a good head of hair though.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com