hair transplant suitability 27 nw5/6 ish...

Evening all,

well long story short bald guy started at 17 and currently 10 years later the end is nigh...

basically I have had slow progressive loss & thinning over time

just want to see other peoples opinions and verdicts

ive been to a few uk clinics who have said no - my donor wasnt great at the time but seems to have thickened up now i think..

but yeah i basically want just good coverage not looking to gel and wax and all that

just a good base and hair which doesnt fall - even if concealer is req which it prob will its cool!

ive been quoted 3900 2900 from my donor and 500 chest & 500 beard

its from get hair doc is dr tayfun - only thing is I cant find a great deal of info!

he has been practicing for a long time - videos on youtube and testimonials etc around Ive visited him in person and he has dropped his initial recommendation to 2900 from donor

just want to be sure essentially its a big step!

thanks

DSC_4155.thumb.jpg.c40cd56a4b0d36b32e73820d0048af69.jpg

5b32f6b74f4bc_DSC_4409-Copy.thumb.jpg.d13790bd972f96cccd044729b09db932.jpg

DSC_3106.thumb.jpg.2359f5f0f19633acb8d537e9a5325057.jpg

DSC_4413.jpg.29e94f81679b1dc0044afcd159da3609.jpg

DSC_2450.jpg.60659b0280cb85a18c7b028ab8301f43.jpg

Evening all,

well long story short bald guy started at 17 and currently 10 years later the end is nigh...

basically I have had slow progressive loss & thinning over time

just want to see other peoples opinions and verdicts

ive been to a few uk clinics who have said no - my donor wasnt great at the time but seems to have thickened up now i think..

but yeah i basically want just good coverage not looking to gel and wax and all that

just a good base and hair which doesnt fall - even if concealer is req which it prob will its cool!

ive been quoted 3900 2900 from my donor and 500 chest & 500 beard

its from get hair doc is dr tayfun - only thing is I cant find a great deal of info!

he has been practicing for a long time - videos on youtube and testimonials etc around Ive visited him in person and he has dropped his initial recommendation to 2900 from donor

just want to be sure essentially its a big step!

thanks

I assume you mean Tayfun Oguzoglu. I had my HT with him just over a year ago. Can see my photos on my posts.

Everything seems to have went well and his hospital is very clean.

His prices are also very attractive. I'm looking to maybe go back in the near future for an addition of density but the work he's done so far looks like most other Dr's to me.

I would not recommend going through with a transplant procedure with your young age and advanced loss.

It's doubtful your expectations for a full restoration are in reach, density will be an issue. You may be able to restore the frontal third with a nice density capable of being styled, but it's doubtful you'd have enough donor left to address the crown in full.

This will all boil down to your expectations and donor availability, you restoration will have to consider some tradeoffs if you pursue a surgical option, and many doctors (as you've already experienced) will decline to operate on such a case.

I would consider any doctor that is cautious with you and who attempts to persuade you not to pursue a transplant given your case to be acting in a very ethical manner.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Yeah it's doc Tayfun I mean initially they said 4200 but dropped it after seeing me in person,

That's the thing I don't understand I've seen so many other cases with advanced loss who have had transplants?

And have been ok, and that's the thing I don't care for having a frontal third with styling cause that just looks ridiculous I'd rather have coverage All over and use fibres to thicken it up until I'm ready to shave I mean is that even too much to expect in my case? With 3900 grafts and using regaine after

I assume you mean Tayfun Oguzoglu. I had my HT with him just over a year ago. Can see my photos on my posts.

Everything seems to have went well and his hospital is very clean.

His prices are also very attractive. I'm looking to maybe go back in the near future for an addition of density but the work he's done so far looks like most other Dr's to me.

im assuming extractions and channel opening done by him do you know if you were the only patient there per day?

and did you go via get hair?

Yeah it's doc Tayfun I mean initially they said 4200 but dropped it after seeing me in person,

That's the thing I don't understand I've seen so many other cases with advanced loss who have had transplants?

And have been ok, and that's the thing I don't care for having a frontal third with styling cause that just looks ridiculous I'd rather have coverage All over and use fibres to thicken it up until I'm ready to shave I mean is that even too much to expect in my case? With 3900 grafts and using regaine after

clarify ready to shave because once you've had a transplant, you're scarred, even fue, so the option to shave it off disappears.

hmm well hopefully if the time comes il use bht to fill in the gaps on my horseshoe atm I am thinking about the next 10 years or so and hopefully the grafts and my hair maintain beyond that but in that time lets hope something else comes out...

no doubt someone in 2027 will be reading this and laughing as there still hasnt been any cure

If you are not taking medication to fight your hair loss then it will only get worse so it would be advised to try medication for a year. With the amount of miniaturization seen in your crown you may see a strong turn around which would in turn mean you need less hair to get a satisfactory result.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

If you are not taking medication to fight your hair loss then it will only get worse so it would be advised to try medication for a year. With the amount of miniaturization seen in your crown you may see a strong turn around which would in turn mean you need less hair to get a satisfactory result.

I fully agree. I think you will get a good response with medication,. I would take meds for one year then think about a transplant.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I mean I was considering proscar or equivalent, but just concerned I mean my current state of hair loss is stable, last few days for example I oil my hair etc and well noticed nothing fell out, same with shampoo sort of check my hands after and go through, on days they fall get around 6 or so,

It's always been very slow, which is a good thing, taking mild dht inhibitors which could possibly be the reason I'm not seeing any loss,

And with a microscope I'm seeing small sprouts all over the scalp,

Hopefully I get some thickening,

It's an option to get on it, but I mean with a ht especially cases like mine with Dr Tayfun I've seen quite good results,

I mean I was considering proscar or equivalent, but just concerned I mean my current state of hair loss is stable, last few days for example I oil my hair etc and well noticed nothing fell out, same with shampoo sort of check my hands after and go through, on days they fall get around 6 or so,

It's always been very slow, which is a good thing, taking mild dht inhibitors which could possibly be the reason I'm not seeing any loss,

And with a microscope I'm seeing small sprouts all over the scalp,

Hopefully I get some thickening,

It's an option to get on it, but I mean with a ht especially cases like mine with Dr Tayfun I've seen quite good results,

Hi, If you are taking "mild DHT inhibitors" then you should switch to taking Finasteride. I am confident you should start to see a noticeable improvement in your hair after 3-4 months. After about 6 months it will be clearer for you on what path to take.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't one of two patients on the day that I had my transplant. Extractions are done by Dr Tayfun and one nurse/technician. Doctor opened all the channels and techs impnated the grafts. As everyone else has said, I agree, medication is needed. Propecia and minoxidil are the two best. I stopped Minoxidil because I didn't like the feel it gave my hair but have continued with propecia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well here it is currently at 16 days post op.

total grafts was 3250 head and 512 beard, unfortunately chest wasnt a viable option.. so a bit down!

asked for a fullish coverage all over, happy with the hairline, and its spread out around,

hoping to get on lipogaine to speed up regrowth and get some native hairs back.

fingers crossed it goes well, we shall see in May, only bad thing is post op instrutions i cant buzz the recipient for 3 months. positive note i dont look bad with a shaved head!!

DSC_5917.thumb.jpg.5764f2655e3b725506671ebd78469a27.jpg

DSC_5925.thumb.jpg.b8c196d113beb4361a43cd49324b3b53.jpg

DSC_5928.thumb.jpg.3465ab6b2dcfc42f6acb6cdb38bf5a55.jpg

DSC_5930.thumb.jpg.07cffefc0de59dd2c22bca203545572c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

one month post, shedding already started at around 3rd week lost loads of little hairs!

consistent hairline is there for the first time in ages!

donors healed up well as well, hopefully when i buzz down its equally as good

DSC_6035.thumb.jpg.31fea20334fff27704657d8e9c9cf2bf.jpg

DSC_6060.thumb.jpg.00907365af362a42f1973a45842d09a9.jpg

DSC_6069.thumb.jpg.0df78e48d38b40f77fe1bb616ddcf81e.jpg

DSC_6072.thumb.jpg.019312b03e3624812383514d9d7bca78.jpg