Can I pull off the bald look?

tomec1

Hi everyone.

After a long stint of denial, I've accepted that my hair is slowly receding and thinning a little. It sucks, but hey ho.

Because I reckon one day I will end up being bald, I'm considering shaving my head and am curious to see what i'll look like. I'm unsure whether to go through with it though as I'm pretty pasty, have light eyebrows, and am not blessed with great beard growing abilities (I've never really tried to grow one but don't seem to get a great deal of growth after a week or so).

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxYWo3N2pGmeTkRQSGRuc2dEdE0?usp=sharing

(I've included a recent picture without the hair scraped back to show what the mop currently looks like)

Other potentially relevant info:

- 6 ft 1

- A pretty lean 190 lb, having lifted for a number of years.

It would be great to get honest opinions on whether you reckon I could rock the bald look and if you think I've got the facial/head structure to pull it off.

I would rather not have any beat around the bush type answers so just be brutally honest, please.

Cheers guys

You're fit, tall and have a good face so you should look great but I'd like to see a profile pic too for head shape.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You're markedly above average looking with your full head of hair, and below average with the shaved head. I'm sorry. That's remarkably rude to say but you asked for honestly. Hope on fin and stay the course. Your hair is thick. Enjoy it.

You're making me blush. Don;t worry, no offense taken man. Think I'm just going to let the balding do its thing and resort to shaving when it starts to look bad

You look rather 'severe' in all the pics. I'm pretty sure that if you were smiling and got a bit of a tan you'd look great with or without hair.

You seem to have a realisitic attitude towards your early hair loss which can only be a good thing. Your 'with hair' pic looks good and I reckon you've a few more years yet before you need to reach for the razor!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

You look rather 'severe' in all the pics. I'm pretty sure that if you were smiling and got a bit of a tan you'd look great with or without hair.

You seem to have a realisitic attitude towards your early hair loss which can only be a good thing. Your 'with hair' pic looks good and I reckon you've a few more years yet before you need to reach for the razor!

Yeah, I'm not sure why I was so severe; I guess I must have been hungry or something. Yup, a few years yet I reckon. Might get the clippers out to see how it looks but undecided at the mo.

Bald is beautiful bro and you look good that way. But at the end of the day, you have to be satisfied with the way you look and feel. That's the real question. We all feel like you can pull it off. But how do you feel?

Best wishes,

Bill

CHeers for the feedback Bill. Not much I can do about it other than maybe meds which i think would make me obsessive about my hair. Plus I don't think I care enough to commit to using meds really. it is what it is

I would buzz, rather than shave. Shaved is quite severe. A buzz is a bit more softening with the overall look of the head. Definitely decent bone structure and keep working out. If you can tolerate fin, give it and minoxidil a try. Maybe a HT at some point.

I would buzz, rather than shave. Shaved is quite severe. A buzz is a bit more softening with the overall look of the head. Definitely decent bone structure and keep working out. If you can tolerate fin, give it and minoxidil a try. Maybe a HT at some point.

I'd rather just accept it for what it is than try to battle the hair loss as I would just get obsessive over it I reckon. I'll lose it eventually anyways

Guest austin123

Hi, hair loss is an serious matter for everyone who are losing their hair in earlier age. Because hair loss affect some where our reputation and confidence also. We lose our confidence and feel ashamed even in front of our family members. But no matter know we have hair transplantation as a hair loss solution. That can help us to get back our hair return and once we became look younger. In last I would like to answer you yes we can get rid from baldness. I live in Gurgaon India, and here in India many famed surgeons who got fame in hair transplantation. Here in Gurgaon India Dr. Akhilendra Singh is one of the best hair transplant surgeon in city. He done in affordable cost with best equipment.

Austin,

Thanks for the very spammy post with a promotion that you properly used as a text link for search engine optimization purposes. This is in violation of the terms of use. Welcome to share your opinion about a particular doctor although that's not even the point of this topic which makes me believe that you are here for one purpose… to spam your doctor which is likely somebody work for.

Please do not promote your doctor here and if you do work for this clinic, you are required to post a disclaimer without a link in your form signature. You can do that by going to "my info" above and then clicking "edit the signature" in the left-hand list of links.

Bill

Austin,

Thanks for the very spammy post with a promotion that you properly used as a text link for search engine optimization purposes. This is in violation of the terms of use. Welcome to share your opinion about a particular doctor although that's not even the point of this topic which makes me believe that you are here for one purpose… to spam your doctor which is likely somebody work for.

Please do not promote your doctor here and if you do work for this clinic, you are required to post a disclaimer without a link in your form signature. You can do that by going to "my info" above and then clicking "edit the signature" in the left-hand list of links.

Bill

It's not something I would go for but either way, I can't get over how expensive HTs are!

• 3 weeks later...

Bald or buzzed and with and without a choice, you can do it. Your look is good, as long as the skin tone of the scalp doesn't have unnecessary contrast in pigmentation from the sides to the top and the length of the groomed hair is in a uniformed manner. A side profile photo might be helpful to post as well.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Tomec, saw your pictures.

I draw a parallel with Jude Law. He definitely looked the bomb with hair. But, he still is a good looking man without it too.

Now, I am not saying you are Jude Law. But, you fall under the same category. I am the authority on aesthetics. Take it from me. Look no where else. :D

You have pretty good hair now. Enjoy while it lasts. When you lose em all, buzz it to level 2. You should still be getting a date a week. Thats all a man can ask for! :D

Edited by MayiraP0chu

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Tomec, saw your pictures.

I draw a parallel with Jude Law. He definitely looked the bomb with hair. But, he still is a good looking man without it too.

Now, I am not saying you are Jude Law. But, you fall under the same category. I am the authority on aesthetics. Take it from me. Look no where else. :D

You have pretty good hair now. Enjoy while it lasts. When you lose em all, buzz it to level 2. You should still be getting a date a week. Thats all a man can ask for! :D

Jude law; never had that one. I normally get likened to Chris Martin or Zuckerberg. Haha, all good if you're hitting the 1 date per week bench mark then?

Jude law; never had that one. I normally get likened to Chris Martin or Zuckerberg. Haha, all good if you're hitting the 1 date per week bench mark then?

You thought I meant you look like Jude law? Lol! I meant you are the type of guy who looks pretty good even after goin bald. Just like Jude Law. Now that you mention, your bone structure and the 'springy hair' does makes you look like Mark Z, and Chris M.

Edited by MayiraP0chu

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

• 2 weeks later...
You thought I meant you look like Jude law? Lol! I meant you are the type of guy who looks pretty good even after goin bald. Just like Jude Law. Now that you mention, your bone structure and the 'springy hair' does makes you look like Mark Z, and Chris M.

Fair. Cheers man