Should I get a transplant on My Crown/Vertex top of Head

On 4/3/2021 at 12:06 AM, gillenator said:

The center of your whirl is a bit thin and adding maybe 20 grafts or so would definitely help if adding SMP, otherwise your crown still has decent density.

that wouldnt really make sense atm to just ad 20 grafts.

I would likely lose some existing hair. Need more hair gone in the crown before a transplant.

My point is that you would not need to add many grafts in the area if you want to "add SMP right now"...so, a low number would help to prevent shock loss otherwise the other obvious option is to wait for the area to thin out more and then add a higher number of grafts to raise the density level.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators
On 3/28/2021 at 6:37 AM, hairman22 said:

Thought i wpuld update this.

4 years on i thought i would have lost more conisdering I cant take any DHT blocking pills.

My crown has got thinner rest of hair has stayed pretty much the same.

https://gyazo.com/27c22aeff4b911408f849154c1d23b72

https://gyazo.com/0697b9706bb11fcc450890328813d8a5

Im thinkig about smp for the crown?

Good idea?

Use fibers instead. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey man, just dropping in to ask what kind of fin sides did you get and also now that your 4 years out are you still using the CR Labs, Havogen patch and laser band? I'm just curious because I'm 9 months and fin now and thankfully no sides yet but the thought of sides scares me. Also I had a transplant with Saifi 4 months ago and he tried to sell me all the CR Labs stuff too but I was skeptical of it because of the high prices and sparsity of online material supporting it.

Anyway you look good man and I hope your keeping well.

Best regards bro.

9 hours ago, Rossybop said:

Hey man, just dropping in to ask what kind of fin sides did you get and also now that your 4 years out are you still using the CR Labs, Havogen patch and laser band? I'm just curious because I'm 9 months and fin now and thankfully no sides yet but the thought of sides scares me. Also I had a transplant with Saifi 4 months ago and he tried to sell me all the CR Labs stuff too but I was skeptical of it because of the high prices and sparsity of online material supporting it.

Anyway you look good man and I hope your keeping well.

Best regards bro.

I just use the one of the cheao shampoos now. Rest is too pricey

I had sexual & sleep problems after 2 years on the drug.

First 2 years I was ok but it crept up on me. I still lost hair on the drug as well.

Took me a year to recover. Feel 100% now though.

Saifi is a good guy gave me 100 grafts for free & tries to use as little grafts as possible for the future.

Was very happy with my transplant by him

55 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

I just use the one of the cheao shampoos now. Rest is too pricey

I had sexual & sleep problems after 2 years on the drug.

First 2 years I was ok but it crept up on me. I still lost hair on the drug as well.

Took me a year to recover. Feel 100% now though.

Saifi is a good guy gave me 100 grafts for free & tries to use as little grafts as possible for the future.

Was very happy with my transplant by him

Cool. That's interesting man. Yeah I thought the shampoos were unfairly priced. Hopefully I don't get the same sides, I'm a bit scared of it. He gave me 40 grafts for free as well. Delighted to hear you're doing well and still happy with the transplants bro. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

In regards to SMP it's best to consider the use of this in existing transplanted hair that you wish to give the illusion of fuller density. I wouldn't recommend using it in say the native crown area that may be thinning and without the use of a DHT blocker. You may end up with just the SMP left and a thin or bald crown. When you started to develop side effects from finasteride did you try titrating the dose down at all? All the best!

4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

In regards to SMP it's best to consider the use of this in existing transplanted hair that you wish to give the illusion of fuller density. I wouldn't recommend using it in say the native crown area that may be thinning and without the use of a DHT blocker. You may end up with just the SMP left and a thin or bald crown. When you started to develop side effects from finasteride did you try titrating the dose down at all? All the best!

yeah i tried still had issues.

Yeah ill see in a few months. I have been doing microneedlig in the area & lost no hair in the region but it hasnt really worked that well.

Not seen many mentions of SMP causing shockloss. as it is performed on women as well.