Shaved head after FUE?

Has anyone ever attempted OR does anyone know someone who has shaved their head after an FUE? My HT FUE is going on 2 years old now and once my native hair loss progresses behind the transplanted frontal hairline, things will surely start long very odd ball! Possible in another 2-5 years certainly.

I'm unable to take propecia. So future hair loss is a BIG and very real concern. I realized too late I should've never had this HT. Nothing I can do now except try and think about my future and what my potential options would be. Move forward and try to put my past mistakes behind me.

My donor area was pretty spare and even the 2000 graft FUE has left a VERY noticeable and unsightly Swiss cheese poc mark look to the back of my head where the donor grafts were extracted. To make matters worse, the recipient area did have some cobblestoning and very persistent redness for quite some time. So their may be some discoloration issues between normal skin tissue and the recipient scared skin.

Anyone know or have a pic they can share of someone who has either buzzed down or shaved their head following a FUE?

Options seem pretty bleak at this juncture I must say.

Thank you for any replies.

Any pictures on how it looks now ?

It's passable for now. Kinda has a 'pluggy' unnatural look to the hairline. Also the way the hair grew in the recipient area are 'kinky' and 'wavy'. The is unlike my native straight hair. Trying to style my hair has proven to be a challenging process. In sunlight, and when my hair is wet, it looks its worse. I don't know. It could be worse, but it's not something I'm proud of and want to show off either.

All in all it's 'ok' now (I guess). It's at best neutral at the moment. I don't EVER get any complements on how great my hair looks like I use to when I was younger, however, I also don't get called a bald or balding guy. I'm still self conscious of it because of the 'pluggy' loook, so I still like to wear a hat when I can.

I recognize that things could be MUCH worse; however I still wish I would've never had the FUE done, and still regard it as a HUGE mid life crisis mistake.

I'll try and upload a recent pic when I get back home and have some free time.

You'll be better off getting a high end transplant and getting on fin if your not.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I am kind of in the same boat as you but my donor area can be buzzed down to e number 1 without any scars being visible. I am also concerned about the texture and colour of my recipient sites if I do shave it down or laser the transplanted hair away. All the pictures I have seen when it comes to people who shave their head years after a HT look fine but are ones who had hairs transplanted all over their scalp and not in concentrated areas like their temples.

Has anyone ever attempted OR does anyone know someone who has shaved their head after an FUE? My HT FUE is going on 2 years old now and once my native hair loss progresses behind the transplanted frontal hairline, things will surely start long very odd ball! Possible in another 2-5 years certainly.

I'm unable to take propecia. So future hair loss is a BIG and very real concern. I realized too late I should've never had this HT. Nothing I can do now except try and think about my future and what my potential options would be. Move forward and try to put my past mistakes behind me.

My donor area was pretty spare and even the 2000 graft FUE has left a VERY noticeable and unsightly Swiss cheese poc mark look to the back of my head where the donor grafts were extracted. To make matters worse, the recipient area did have some cobblestoning and very persistent redness for quite some time. So their may be some discoloration issues between normal skin tissue and the recipient scared skin.

Anyone know or have a pic they can share of someone who has either buzzed down or shaved their head following a FUE?

Options seem pretty bleak at this juncture I must say.

Thank you for any replies.

thanks for this post i hope others read this and learn from your experience not to rush into a transplant they will later regret, why can you take fin?

Try a number 1 guide first, if it shows scarring move it up to a number 2 and so on.

I think you will find that a number 2 guide will hide your donor zone well.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I had to do chemo a few years back after a 1800 FUE so I lost all my hair and I could not see any scarring whatsoever. I was actually shocked.

sorry to hear that, my friends hair looks really good shaved short on fue you cant see nothing even on a 0, but when he grows out to say a 2 it looks patchy

Biolizard. Do you have pics or your recipient area post op from months 1 onward? Reason I ask is because I just took a look at my post op pics from month 1,2,3. And noticed that the recipient areas were still quite smooth and the texture change didn't really happen until hairs starting to break through after the shed. So the texture issue may simple be the hair shafts under the skin causing this. If so then laser hair removal should help make the skin soother then what it looks like if u just shave it with a razer. Reading info about vbeam lasers minimizing redness is also encouraging.

biolizard - I remember reading about your surgery when you first got it and you were equally as despondent about your results immediately after getting it done, and then again 3-4 months in. At around 8 months in you finally posted some very low quality, harsh lighting pictures and your results seemed normal to me. Your hair looked massively improved from what I can make out in your profile pic.

The truth is, until you post some quality pre-op and post-op pictures no one in this forum can accurately help you determine whether or not your HT was a success.

But from reading your history on this forum, it feels like you've been having quite a lot of anxiety throughout this entire process. Even early on in the process you seemed very worried about how things would turn out, despite the fact that things seemed to be going normal.

Please forgive me for going outside the norm here in my response and I promise I'm not trying to be flip or discount what you're feeling. But I think your anxiety may be influencing your view of how your hair looks.

I think you, like myself and probably many people on this forum are dealing with a lot of issues in that area. If we were totally comfortable with our hair loss we would never be on this forum in the first place, nor would we be getting hair transplants. From what I've read about you, and what you've said so far, you got this transplant due to a mid-life crisis situation. I would suggest taking a deep breath. Try not to panic. And, forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds here, but perhaps consider going into therapy to cope with these feelings you're having. I'm in therapy myself and I can tell you that it is has helped me immensely.

Remember, a hair transplant, Propecia or not, will never get you back to your original density like when you were 20 years old. We have to wait until something new comes along for that. Whenever getting an HT your expectations need to be realistic. And from the very limited amount of pictures I've seen, realistic improvement has been achieved with your hair. And you look better for it. If you're really concerned about how your hair looks, you can look into getting another HT to add more density, or you can start using concealers like Toppik to fill in the gaps.

But, at this point, I would consider the idea that what you're currently feeling is more than about just your hair. I think for all of us on this forum, dealing with hair loss is just as much about dealing with what's inside your head as it is about dealing with what's on top of it.

• Thanks 1