When it comes to choosing a treatment for hair loss, what is/was the biggest challeng

SeanT

I'm having this problem right now. I have been losing my hair for more than 5 years now and my hair is getting dry, coarse, hair line is receding from the temple area and overall i have lost significant amount of hair from the temple and crown.

Probably spending hours and hours on message boards with my head nearly bursting with ideas !

Getting advice is easy but the correct advice tailored for you ! Not so...

Best plan of attack imo go see a recommended surgeon who will professionally exam your hair and a possible course of treatment be that medications alone or medication to stabilise future loss then a transplant.

Best Wishes

Keeping it. Transplants cannot give back what nature takes away, so use meds and keep as much as you can.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

First things first, I think it's best to meet with a recommended surgeon on this forum for an evaluation and to get their input. One of the best things you can do in the beginning (as Spanker pointed out) is to try and stabilize your loss with medication. You can get a prescription for Propecia with a general physician or even a dermatologist, but you're going to be much better off meeting with a doctor whose primary focus is dealing with hair loss and how to prevent it (and restore it when necessary/desired).

Meeting with a hair transplant surgeon doesn't mean you necessarily need a hair transplant. But they will be able to walk you through all the ins and outs of hair loss and through an evaluation be able to help you determine your best plan of attack and answer any questions you may have. This would be my first step if I were you, and I believe if nothing else it will provide you with answers and peace of mind.

And feel free to get active on this forum and ask questions as well. Of all the hair loss forums online, I think this one is the most educational and beneficial. Good luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having this problem right now. I have been losing my hair for more than 5 years now and my hair is getting dry, coarse, hair line is receding from the temple area and overall i have lost significant amount of hair from the temple and crown.

Managing expectations is tough, but the comittment to a treatment plan is too.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Biggest challenge was overcoming my preconceived notion that HT's look fake, which of course they do not when all the proper conditions are met

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Hey Ernie, you are absolutely on point. My biggest fear is also related to the final outcome and perhaps the results won't look natural. You mentioned "proper conditions" and i'm wondering could you explain a bit more what would be the proper conditions ?

Depends how far your hair has departed, I would recommend talking to your dr see if he feels propecia can help you, if you think it won't and HT is your decision your buying into a lifetime commitment, so you better have plenty of ?? and as your need multiple surgerys over a lifetime, also your only get back around 30% of your original density there's only so much donor hair that can be moved

Depends how far your hair has departed, I would recommend talking to your dr see if he feels propecia can help you, if you think it won't and HT is your decision your buying into a lifetime commitment, so you better have plenty of ?? and as your need multiple surgerys over a lifetime, also your only get back around 30% of your original density there's only so much donor hair that can be moved

I'm very skeptical about the side effects especially towards libido. Also my other concern is as per my research once you stop taking propecia the hair fall becomes worse than ever. I need your guys experience on this

Be very careful and if hair plant looks unnatural, you will have a lot of eyes stare at you. Review surgical consent forms, ask a lot of questions, find real patients willing to meet in person. Approach it cautiously. Hope your goals are understood and addressed by a competent surgeon that does things ethically and safely for a patient.