Judge This Hairline & Refer a Good Dr

Taking the plunge into a transplant. Images of mine are now posted. Want my hair back. Want density and old hairline back. Looking for just one great capable dr. if you can point me in the right direction. Been looking at past results from patients. Watching 4 dr.s now that amaze me with good work.

Arocha

Diep

Rahal

Konior

Arocha is local. Makes sense to go see him in my state. Fair density. Hairlines are ok I gather. But there are other capable drs too I’m looking at. If these other drs prove better I’ll go with one of them.

Diep produces superb hairlines. But noticed he does better work in fue than fut. In some results the frontal hair is sparse but not too much. Overall hes still good. Hes been doing better now than before from what I can tell.

Rahal is very good. Very good hairlines, density. But some patients griped about sparse scalps 1 year post op. Maybe he hired a tech with no experience? Cant blame Rahal. Want to make sure theres no problem.

Konior provides great hair density. Hairlines are cool too. Will find out what he charges. Looks very expensive. Need to look at more results before I decide. Havent looked at many granted. Got to be putting in work to see more results.

Need your help here. Let me know what you fellas think and which dr to see. Got to be on point. 10 Gs is a lot of mula. Will check my thread for new replies. You guys are the best.

1q.thumb.jpg.ac3a659c898c6a2fa95442cc85c78cbb.jpg

2q.thumb.jpg.ce345008694a58a8f5b5d9c08066edef.jpg

3q.thumb.jpg.a51128d002dc39745120ab7bb11fd7f3.jpg

q4.thumb.jpg.241bb8d9fc78254c9e2a3f73a826c8a2.jpg

I don't know that you should be fretting about the most dense hairline because you have a hairline. And IMO it is in a good spot.

I would be researching docs that are going to be able to put hairs in between your existing hairs without doing damage and that can softly compliment your existing hairline.

I also think that you are really looking at closer to $15k than $10k.

Honestly, I think you look fine, but if you want a boost, I think that you are looking at about 2500 in the frontal 3rd to increase density and define you hairline where it is a little better.

Sure, you could do a mega session if you have the donor, but I would want to reduce the damage to my existing hair, and it sounds like finances could be a concern. Also, it looks like you could have some donor issues so I think that you need to take your time and meet the docs in person.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

If you go to Dr. Arocha...I would suggest no matter where you live in Texas having the actual surgery at his newer state of the art facility in Houston. Dr. Arocha is a very nice guy and appears to often get very good results.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I would be researching docs that are going to be able to put hairs in between your existing hairs without doing damage and that can softly compliment your existing hairline.

Hey man sounds like a good idea. Which drs do you know can transplant hairs between existing hair safely without damage to surrounding healthy hairs?

I'd add Cooley, Shapiro (SMG), and Gabel to your list to that your looking at.

I would think that stick and place method would be appropriate for your situation. .

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Shampoo,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Goodwally,

If you are local to our clinic we would be very happy to have you come in for a consultation. Dr. Arocha has only shaved a patient's recipient scalp twice in his career. Dr. Arocha prefers to have hair longer and he has become very adept at working in between native hairs. There are videos of him performing procedures while working between native hairs on Youtube. Just go to Youtube and search for "Arocha Hair Houston" and you'll see some of these surgical videos in the search results.

If you have any questions at all you can reach out to us anytime.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

Rahal will shave your recipient area, in fact he insists on it .. IMO for your case I think Arocha or Konior are your best options and you can't go wrong with either.

I dont care if my head is shaved. My original question was can Arocha or Rahal transplant hairs in between existing hairs?

Gabel and Cooley are definitely two other docs to get consults with. Dr Cooley also uses PRP and it seems to make hairs dense and improve healing process.

Gabel and Cooley are definitely two other docs to get consults with. Dr Cooley also uses PRP and it seems to make hairs dense and improve healing process.

Ok. What about Rahal and Arocho? Rahal does good work and so does he transplant between hairs too?

Both of those doctors do good work. Seems like you already narrowed it down to them, so why not go see then both. Hts are for life so you shouldn't short change yourself in research.

Your title says refer a good doctor, not choose between 2. There are a lot of good docs so I think you'll keep getting suggestions.

View Spanker's Website

Dr Konior is an excellent doctor too.

You are going to have to get consults with multiple docs and get grafts counts. Then report the counts back here. Then we can help filter doctor based on the grafts they estimated for the surface area covered.

Be very wary of having lots of grafted hair in native zones. You can get shockloss. It may even be permanent.

Ask for surgical consent forms before paying deposit. See how shares it and who doesnt.

Hi @goodwally!

Thanks for sharing your pictures & story. You've got a good list of physicians there, and you're conducting your due diligence, kudos to you!

To answer your question, yes, we most certainly can transplant around existing hairs.

Are you considering FUE only? Is Strip an option?

We'll be happy to provide more detailed feedback, and share more photo examples with you. Have you contacted our clinic for an information session?

Good luck with the research :)

Tara

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

Dr Konior is an excellent doctor too.

You are going to have to get consults with multiple docs and get grafts counts. Then report the counts back here. Then we can help filter doctor based on the grafts they estimated for the surface area covered.

Be very wary of having lots of grafted hair in native zones. You can get shockloss. It may even be permanent.

Ask for surgical consent forms before paying deposit. See how shares it and who doesnt.

Yeah talked to a local doc. He said I need 2500 grafts. And Diep said 1500. Weird. Big difference.

I hear ya about grafting too many hairs in native area. But want enough transplanted within that area. Dont want to look like chewbacca. But want good volume in the area.

Noticed your Dr. is Rahal. Hows that working for ya.

Dont get what you mean by see who shares consent forms. Explain please?

Hi @goodwally!

To answer your question, yes, we most certainly can transplant around existing hairs.

Hey there. Didnt say transplant around existing hair. Want to know if you can transplant WITHIN existing hair. Let me know.

By "within existing hair" I take it you mean very close to existing hairs in areas where you want to boost the density. That could also be described as "around existing hair" and yes, Dr Rahal does it.

Most procedures will require that this been done, to a greater or lesser degree. Sometimes the patient will have a diffuse thinning pattern, where the hair has lost density without there necessarily being any recession. Other times, with frontal recession, there will normally still be an area of existing (AKA native) hair at the very front that is lower in density and needs addressing so that there isn't a thinner patch behind the hairline.

I hope this makes sense! You should arrange a consultation with DR Rahal, but you will need to supply clearer photos than in your original post.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com