Sun after Op

Can anybody confirm how long you have to avoid the sun for after you have a hair transplant? I have had several answers from several doctors ranging from 2-3 weeks all the way to 12 weeks. I work in tropical countries so this part is the part that is most putting me off the procedure.......

As long as possible ,my take on this is, why have the worry that you may have damaged the grafts because you exposed them to the sun too early, want to eliminate as many factors as possible that may

damage the grafts ,just wear a suitable hat .

• 1 month later...

Even with a hair transplant I continue to wear a hat when in the sun just to protect any area of my head as well as my face, neck, etc. You may have areas on your head that is still thin with hair and you need that protection. Be safe....wear a hat.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I wonder how much protection transplanted hair provides, because it is not as think as native hair and is not as think.

I always wear a hat and shades in the sun - what's the point of having a full head of hair if you have the skin of a much older person? :-)

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

Is there a difference between sun exposure to your donor area vs. recipient area? It sounds like we always talk about the risks of sun exposure to the recipient area. What about the donor area (post FUE)?

Obviously the donor area is a bit thinner because of the extraction of so many grafts. After about 3-4 weeks the donor area has healed and the existing hair will have grown about a half inch and should be long enough to protect the scalp. Best bet is to always wear a hat outside when you're exposed to the sun for a lengthy period of time.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Can anybody confirm how long you have to avoid the sun for after you have a hair transplant? I have had several answers from several doctors ranging from 2-3 weeks all the way to 12 weeks. I work in tropical countries so this part is the part that is most putting me off the procedure.......

Extended sun exposure is not a healthy choice for up to 12 months. Stick to your doctor's recommendation.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians