Should I go with FUE?

memzinla

I'm going to be 30 years old next month. I've been thinking about a hair transplant for over a year, but money was an issue. I've been slowly saving, and I've done some research. I've gone to 3 hair consultations.

The last consultation was two weeks ago in Tijuana at Neopel. I was suggested to get 1500 grafts, and Dr. Ana Gabriela Hernandez said to get FUE. It's only to fill in the widow's peaks. I've been recommended between 1500 - 2000 grafts by other doctors.

Would you go with FUE to fill them in? My concern is that I'll go bald later on.

P2280210_copy.jpg

P2280215_copy.jpg

P2280220_copy.jpg

P2280221_copy.jpg

get on finesteride for a year before surgery

this will delay any further recession

but this will also be a lifetime commitment though

For you a HT will most likely not be a "one and done" type of surgery. It is not for many young people seeking HT. just keep that in mind.

it looks like you have not only deep temporal recession but also recession/thinning in the central hairline as well, so the amount of grafts depends on the design of your procedure

this is not to say your hair doesn't look great the way it is. but if you want to go down the road of HT(s) to start filling in the front, you have to be aware, like you are, about what may happen 3-5 years down the line.

What do you recommend? Wait a few years? My hair has been like this for the past 6 years. I haven't noticed a difference, but I know it may still be too early and my hair could fall in the future.

I say, wait, you still are young, cannot predict how much progression you will have. Stay put for now, using finasteride is NOT a bad suggestion either provided you do not have any side effects.Good luck.

My Thread: 

Agree with what has already been said above, just will add that you should rethink your surgeon choice.

For FUE go with Diep, Konior or Vories in N. America (also research Nader), or the FUE masters in Belgium or Erdogan in Turkey, when the time is ready.

Personally I don't think it looks all that bad at this stage - we've seen worse here for sure - especially from front on.

However your profile makes your temple corners stick out with the current hair length. I would not keep it long but rather cut it short including cutting the sides and back shorter for a more bad ass look.

Maybe do some weight training too, you have hair just try to change the look for now.

Shorter hair plus weight training will give you an edge of I have a high forehead but still have my hair brah, so f-off! type of strong positive attitude until the time is right for surgery.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thank you very much! :)

I've seen Diep's results, and they are amazing!! I did contact Nader, but he hasn't replied in over a month. I don't know where else to contact him.

I actually started going to the gym, and have been trying different hair styles. haha.

0_C8174_BA-0493-43_A5-80_FC-00_BBBC19_A7_F8.jpg

8_F4_DFB71-_C3_D0-4426-_AC9_B-_A8_E424_E9_B1_D2.jpg

I'm going to be 30 years old next month. I've been thinking about a hair transplant for over a year, but money was an issue. I've been slowly saving, and I've done some research. I've gone to 3 hair consultations.

The last consultation was two weeks ago in Tijuana at Neopel. I was suggested to get 1500 grafts, and Dr. Ana Gabriela Hernandez said to get FUE. It's only to fill in the widow's peaks. I've been recommended between 1500 - 2000 grafts by other doctors.

Would you go with FUE to fill them in? My concern is that I'll go bald later on.

P2280210_copy.jpg

P2280215_copy.jpg

P2280220_copy.jpg

P2280221_copy.jpg

During a consultation, you should provide your family history of hair loss, medical history, and concerns and expectations. With this information, your consultation should enable your awareness about the progressive nature of hair loss. A good FUE surgeon can perform the surgery to yield natural-looking results. A conservative procedure and appropriate density can accomplish a positive change. Research and investigate the results that most please you and compare the details to your case.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

you have a youthful appearance and the way you style your hair helps that .. get on meds for a year to stabilize hair loss, try some shampoos with DHT blockers and ketoconazole along with nourishing conditioners, see how that goes before you take the plunge with surgery - as others have stated, because hair loss is progressive, once you've undergone surgery as your age, you''ll be playing catch-up 5-10-15-20 years down the road as you continue to lose native hairs more surgery will be required - so remember that if you do take the surgery route, don't go overboard, be conservative so that you manage your limited donor supply for a lifetime, good ethical doctors won't steer you wrong, but you need to be careful

Thank you very much for the replies. I was finally able to contact Dr. Nader, and I'm wondering if I should wait or get few grafts done. My hair is something that has been bothering me, but maybe I could wait another year. Based on the pictures that I shared here, Dr. Nader recommended 1800 - 2000 grafts. It would come out to 5K dollars.

Definitely try meds if doctor presribes and if your body can tolerate them. Do that as a first step. Do not jump into surgery with all that native hair, esp fue. Very few docs can probably nail it. Evaluate a surgeons surgical protocol and be very very careful. You do not want to be a repair patient that is chasing repairs. You do mot want to be damaged. I cant stress that enough. Exercise, eat healthy, and think about surgery later if you need to as a last resort. Be very wary of marketers and promotors. Have everything in writing with the doc. Definitely ask to see their surgical consent forms they make you sign day of surgery, each and every page, before you put down any deposit. Good luck with the meds.

• 1 month later...