Best 'No Recipient Shave' Surgeons

nafta

Hi All,

I know it's not as common to not shave the recipient sites - but for some of us 'concealers' it's necessary. Does anyone know

a) Which doctors require shaving the recipient site

b) Of those, which are best?

For example, I know the following are willing to go the 'no shave' route:

Dr LupanZula

Dr Saifi

Dr Konior

How about Bisanga, Fierduini, Lorezo, Others?

Hi All,

I know it's not as common to not shave the recipient sites - but for some of us 'concealers' it's necessary. Does anyone know

Dr LupanZula

Dr Saifi

Dr Konior

I had a "no-shave" FUE with Dr. Jim Harris in Colorado. Great Dr. and staff.

The donor site was "no shave". The recipient site, the crown, was already bare.

You'd have to contact him directly to see if he requires shaving of the recipient site if there is already some hair there.

Hope that helps.

To have the best result possible, shaving the recipient area is the best way to go, whether for the doctor and techs, and also for your own end result. At the end of the day, I bit the bullet and laid low for a couple of weeks through vacation time and requests to work from home. And I went with Dr. Rahal who does not do no shave procedures. My priority was having the best doctor perform my procedure, not finding a doctor who does no shaves. I'd reconsider your position.

Bisanga likes to shave the immediate recipient area but does agree to partial shaving.

Dr. Maras in Cyprus does partial shaving as well.

You already mentioned Dr. Konior who is my favorite doc for transplanting into existing hair (stick and place technique).

I also agree with home1212, shaving is best for achieving optimal results especially in cases where techs will be involved.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Why can't you shave recipient?

I've long hair, which hides my frontal zone (not too dissimilar to my avatar!) - if I cut it short pre-op, people would know I've had work done as my frontal zone is not very dense - and to date no one knows I've had this done. If I shaved Id have to take months off to let everything re-grow, which I can't do - I can probably get a max of a week off.

Previously I had a HT on a Friday and was back to work on the Monday, and no one knew I had it at all.

• Moderators

True and Dorin perform hair transplants without shaving the recipient area. I was back to work in about a week and nobody knew I had anything done.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hi All,

Dr LupanZula

Dr Saifi

Dr Konior

Ufue and non-shaven FUE results come from Belgium.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...

Shaving, like many other parts of the procedure comes down to Physician preference & their own experience with their patients.

As home1212 mentioned, we always require the recipient area to be shaved for the procedure. This is how we deliver the best results for patients.

--Tara

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

If shaving is best why do so many top docs not require it?

Experience and innovative protocols with skillset are the cases with Dr. Patrick Mwamba's medical staff. Many top docs offer the option on a daily basis.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians