When did YOU start seeing results from your HT?

HairyDDS

I'm 6 weeks post op from my HT. In some areas it looks like there is a tiny little stubble and some areas it looks like nothing was done even though grafts were placed in that area. At what point is it reasonable to start seeing even short hairs?

Thanks!

I'm 6 weeks post op from my HT. In some areas it looks like there is a tiny little stubble and some areas it looks like nothing was done even though grafts were placed in that area. At what point is it reasonable to start seeing even short hairs?

Thanks!

actual growth in the 4th month - significant improvement in the 6th month

2.5 months in all procedures but I'm an odd case.

Also suffer from chronic eczema so my skin cells grow fast. Both a curse and a blessing (post HT).

The norm is around 3 months but things can start to happen after 8-10 weeks post-op.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I was fortunate and started seeing growth around the 3rd month, so that by the 4th month I had a month's worth of growth under my belt and definitely felt like I was on my way. There's no hard and fast rule though, and some guys with great results didn't start seeing results for much longer. I always think it's a good idea to have low expectations, and mentally prepare yourself not to see anything for at least 6 months. If it starts growing sooner, great. But if it doesn't, you won't find yourself in as much of a panic at month 4 wondering if it was all for nothing.

Happy growing!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56