Scar Showing.

I was wondering would an FUT scar show with my hair at the length in the pics ,could be interesting to get some opinions for guys thinking about going the FUT route.

I have had 4200 FUE grafts removed 2 years ago, at this length no sign of any scarring or thin areas.

3rd pic hair a bit damp .

I guess I was just wondering if i had had FUT would the scar show with my hair at this length ,hair not really short ,probably as short as i have it, so maybe FUT would have been an option for someone like me.

DSC_0778.thumb.jpg.45847e00c195c8ca80c2315b0cd88410.jpg

DSC_0170.thumb.jpg.09b8aeedc9c103f8c043908b9070c83d.jpg

DSC_0009.thumb.jpg.73d33dc15f293ef5c9ff56937baa6fe5.jpg

Edited by Mick50

I'm pretty sure at that length a good fut scar would be concealed , but not overly sure a fut would be possible/practical after already having 4200 fue taken out ? Poss get in touch with David Anderson for an opinion . Out of interest did your fue work out ? What is the reason you would now go fut? Cheers

• Administrators

At that length most FUT scars would not be visible, even if you had a bad scar it probably wouldn't be visible unless your hair is wet. There are several posters on here who have much shorter hair and have had FUT, one poster that comes to mind is TJ287 he wears his really for short for having FUT. Are you considering FUT? It may be a better option for you, Dr. Saifi in Poland does both and is reasonably priced. I'd rather travel to Poland than Turkey or India it's much closer to Ireland.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm pretty sure at that length a good fut scar would be concealed , but not overly sure a fut would be possible/practical after already having 4200 fue taken out ? Poss get in touch with David Anderson for an opinion . Out of interest did your fue work out ? What is the reason you would now go fut? Cheers

Probably finish of with FUE to be honest , was just interested in the length FUT patients can wear the hair ,just I couldn't recall seeing many close ups of FUT donor hair maybe I'll search a bit more.

Thankfully my hair transplant was a success just want to get the mid-scalp into crown with maybe 2000 -2500 grafts to finish the job.

DSC_0388.thumb.jpg.a93f577a6351f3f702f0c4bcc00db3cf.jpg

5b32f1ce77b1f_Photoon17-11-2014at21_193.jpg.0e7be8f8334adfe8837e96f0c5824085.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg.43d018ded54f736c930bd1735be4b8c1.jpg

DSC_0488.thumb.jpg.c68f676862f760cf8f4f692ca1ae5911.jpg

Probably finish of with FUE to be honest , was just interested in the length FUT patients can wear the hair ,just I couldn't recall seeing many close ups of FUT donor hair maybe I'll search a bit more.

Thankfully my hair transplant was a success just want to get the mid-scalp into crown with maybe 2000 -2500 grafts to finish the job.

just a few pics t give you an idea first 2 post op 3rd and fourth pre .Get a part in a horror movie with that last pic ,but actually it shows quite wellI had pretty good sides for someone with extensive balding.

Going to make an album soon showing growth over the last 2 years.

Whole experience a bit of a life changer to be honest.

DSC_0388.thumb.jpg.d65539e0c289bb62eb1c6558057e5496.jpg

DSC_0107.thumb.jpg.063e77cd871c681811688e538eaaee21.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg.34c722e494074338f1419bd892ef4bf9.jpg

5b32f1cf34890_Photoon18-12-2014at10_59.thumb.jpg.dae5615e107a0f4c11719bf90cd3aa66.jpg

At that length most FUT scars would not be visible, even if you had a bad scar it probably wouldn't be visible unless your hair is wet. There are several posters on here who have much shorter hair and have had FUT, one poster that comes to mind is TJ287 he wears his really for short for having FUT. Are you considering FUT? It may be a better option for you, Dr. Saifi in Poland does both and is reasonably priced. I'd rather travel to Poland than Turkey or India it's much closer to Ireland.

Not really considering FUT ,not even sure it's possible after having 4200 FUE grafts ,but maybe it's something I should think about, Dr Saifi is definitely someone who I would consider If I were to go down down that route.

I think even the worst scarring would be covered by that hair - pretty solid sides.

I've always kept my hair pretty short , so was a concern of mine before my FUSS . This is a recent pic after a haircut - it's a no.2 cut blended into a no.3.I'm pretty sure I could get away with a no.2 if I went for it .

The only snag wit the scar , is you can never predict how it will turn out . I'd like to go FUSS again for my 2nd HT , but would be a disaster if I suffered scar stretch , so keeping my options open for now .

IMG_0524__1486493766_10306.jpg.0856d600012044c03c3604b6dcc9dd7b.jpg

Thanks for the shout, HTsoon! Yes, I wear my hair short on the back and sides - 3 blended into a 2 below the scar. At the length the OP has his hair there is no way you would be able to see even a very bad scar.

For most individuals, 1 1/2 to 2 inches in hair length should be adequate to hide a strip scar. Density also plays into the equation. Average donor density to higher than average is also a big help in hiding the scar.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY