FUE fail

Valgreats

I have no improvement in my crown. Over 7 months. Any chance I will have growth? Seems like a big waste of money. FUE. I'm over 50. At least I don't look worse. I just don't to look a monk.

Is it worth it to try a second round with another doctor, or do some people just have no growth? Non smoker. No illnesses or meds.

I read I should have 80% at 8 months. I certainly would never recommend hair transplants based on my results.

IMG_2827.JPG.7a8efe22d9cc81ebd553b421e3fcb3e6.JPG

You shouldve seen some changes by this time. Id contact the doc that did this and request an explanation. Even if you were to get another procrdure, youll have to give the current recipient area some time to heal. Good luck

Do you have any before and afters you can share? And have you been in touch with the doctor about this to get his input?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators

Yes it is early, but I would expect some growth at 7 months, with that said the crown may take longer to grow than the hairline due to blood supply, hang in there.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The crown can take a long time to grow in, I swear i saw improvements unto the 2 year mark ,

I'm still going to need a second transplant but the hairline and front grew in a lot quicker than the crown.

First pic pre op, second one 3 months post op ,third pic 7 months post op 4 pic 9.5 month

last pic recent 2 year post op ,crown filled in quite well but 4200 grafts never going to give complete coverage .

6 th pic fairly recently 7th pic 14 month mark just to show that the front grew in quite nicely. better quality cam.

8th pic right in the ugly duckling stage ,jesus thank feck I had a hair transplant couldn't live with that horse-shoe thing going on,

don't worry valgreats, still time for it to grow in.

Edit : last pic 12 days post op so you can see where grafts were placed.

5b32f186d5283_Photoon17-11-2014at21_193.jpg.f6fd0b279c68705216cea415157b25a9.jpg

5b32f18708663_Photoon06-04-2015at12_01.thumb.jpg.394cf89b5af25824378c4e38d49d88a5.jpg

5b32f18721ce8_Photoon02-08-2015at09_345.thumb.jpg.86721baeaee23b164f12c61975e0ab09.jpg

5b32f1873e398_Photoon25-10-2015at08_344.thumb.jpg.55484a0f07e704762d201e758e26d113.jpg

DSC_0064.thumb.jpg.1e850b846ec9aea1695fb138aeee1306.jpg

5b32f1888d37b_Photoon10-11-2016at10_13.jpg.fdbcdbef987c96c69d24daa8fac08cd2.jpg

DSC_0488.thumb.jpg.57ba1af1ade89a12650c6f76091ebb05.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg.328e07c8e3b1f601081c949beefac91d.jpg

5b32f188bd085_Photoon18-01-2015at12_13.thumb.jpg.17cc668d2d6b417916b30406ddfd5f18.jpg

Edited by Mick50

Thank you all for the responses. If I don't end up having growth, should I get another surgery? Or do some people just now grow?

I have to admit I am very frustrated. I can live with a bald spot, but it is really hard to deal with when I spent $12K, had to shave my head, and missed two weeks of work for nothing. I really saved up for this.There are a lot of things I could have done with that money.

Well, id ask the doc what went wrong. If you do get surgery wait 12 months at least and let the area heal as much as you can.

It absolutely sucks going through this. Many people arent alone in this. Ive known many that had do fix issues 3 times or more. Not all of this is readily discussed in forums due to certain gag orders or unethical agreements by doctors. This forum actually allows postings publically. Then there are those that hide it from public view. Its like folks cant get the real picture due to that type of protected process. Marketing should be clear without deception. Everything should be discussed publically and that is what makes the word "forum" legit.

Regardless, i hope you plan this accordingly and get this resolved. Good luck to you and keep posting. You may save others from any hardships too.

It absolutely sucks paying and waiting and going back and waiting and vice versa in and out of work and family and friend times. Hope you get a resolve quickly.

Thank you all for the responses. If I don't end up having growth, should I get another surgery? Or do some people just now grow?

I have to admit I am very frustrated. I can live with a bald spot, but it is really hard to deal with when I spent $12K, had to shave my head, and missed two weeks of work for nothing. I really saved up for this.There are a lot of things I could have done with that money.

If at 12 month point there is less than 90% growth then the doctor should offer the corrective surgery for free at a future date or offer a refund so you can go somewhere else to get the corrective surgery. At least that is what a reputable doctor would do.

If you see no growth till then and the doctor refuses to help you out. Please do come back and tell us who they are and spread the word to every person considering a transplant to avoid the doctor. However, not now obviously because not enough time has passed and tarnishing any doctors reputation this early in the game would just be wrong.

Edited by palma13

Thanks for the responses. I will wait until a year. It is extremely frustrating, as most sites say expect about 70% at 7 months. I am attaching a photo I took today. I honestly don't see any improvement. On the positive side, my hair does not look any worse, and I do not have thinning of the donor region. I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

IMG_3075.jpg.8524f79120cb305ae06c77129a8c72bc.jpg

Thanks for the responses. I will wait until a year. It is extremely frustrating, as most sites say expect about 70% at 7 months. I am attaching a photo I took today. I honestly don't see any improvement. On the positive side, my hair does not look any worse, and I do not have thinning of the donor region. I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

Did u say the hairline is coming in on schedule or is that showing less than expected improvement as well?

Furthermore, the doctor you chose, without disclosing their identity, is a well known/ISHRS approved and backs his results?

Yes ISHRS doctor. We will see if he backs his results. He wants to meet at the nine month point.

The hairline is very slow, but is growing. Nowhere close to what I have seen compared to others at 6 or 7 months, but there is some hair. My hairline has some recession, but was not really that bad. I chose to have a transplant because of my bald spot on the crown, which still show no growth.

If the crown lags the hairline by six months, then I will just to wait in see if I get any growth.

At this point, I do not look like I had a hair transplant. I look like a guy who shaved his head in the summer for the heck of it.