Who's the best affordable temporal peak surgeon?

goonerfan

I know a lot/most surgeons don't want to do that area, but i think it would add to my overall look if i had a few grafts there.

Ideally i'd be looking in Europe but i could go further abroad if needed.

Also, do you think for best results it's best to use the thinner hair from the nape of the neck so it looks more natural?

This is currently a tricky question as recently their have been two posted cases of subpar temple area work (from Bisanga and Bhatti).

Also the question of "affordable" is tough to answer because if the affordable surgeon messes it up and you have to have a second procedure with a more elite surgeon or god forbid have to have it lasered off, then your total costs add up anyway in the long run.

Then there is the "minimal surgery fee" aspect, where for temple point work you only need few hundred grafts so at first glance it shouldn't be so expensive graft per graft, but from what I've researched there is a minimal surgery charge built into the pricing at many clinics which makes it actually a bit pricey to have small procedures done if you're looking at FUE.

The three I recommend are Dr. Konior, Dr. Lorenzo and ASMED (Dr. Erdogan) based on posted results for work in this area. Dr. Konior seems like a no-brainer but apparently is booked more than a year out.

(I previously had both temple corner and temple peak done at Dr. Bisanga's BHR and until the most recent posted result I would've recommended them strongly for results and affordability...)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Also look into Dr. Gabel and Dr. Shapiro, though I have no info on their prices.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

If you live in the U.S., the weak Canadian dollar makes Dr. Rahal affordable.

Temple points weren't something I needed, but before my procedure, I asked Rahal if he liked doing temple points. "They're fun" he said. Said it humbly and nonchalantly- that's when I knew I was sitting in the right chair :-)

Edited by Ernie

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Impressed with both of their work, Dr F seems another one difficult to book with and Dr. L has been impressing me a lot recently with his posts but don't know enough about his work.

Definitely two good ones to add to the conversation.

go dense or go home

Not that one result should, by any means, be taken as justification for your choice, but here's an example of a stunning temporal peak restoration by Medikemos (Lupanzula). Admittedly this was done over the course of two surgeries but I don't think I've ever seen such an impressive overhaul of a hairline/temple points.

Not that one result should, by any means, be taken as justification for your choice, but here's an example of a stunning temporal peak restoration by Medikemos (Lupanzula). Admittedly this was done over the course of two surgeries but I don't think I've ever seen such an impressive overhaul of a hairline/temple points.

I thought the texture looked a bit off to me and too coarse looking. Interested to hear others opinions though.

That is pretty top drawer hairline and temple work from Lupanzula. I don't think he issue is the coarseness of the transplants in the temples. I think its more the colouring that makes it stand out a bit. The temple hair is clearly darker than the greying sides making it stand out a little. The average joe would probably not notice anything mind.

The execution of the transplant is top notch. Could have maybe done with sticking a few grey hairs in the temple area so it blended more with the patients greying sides. However i would not mind colouring my hair once a month with temples like that.

Eventually it will all grey anyway!

I have mixed thoughts on this case, first I think it's a bit over-agressive on the angle he brought the temple peaks forward. The angle is too sharp. In the immediate post-op it almost looks close to a 90 degree angle.

However that is a very thick growing dense and impressive FUE result, especially the hairline.

Also agree with BaldingBogger about maybe adding some grays to add naturalness.

go dense or go home

Incredible video. Worth noting though, to all my fellow fine hair comrades, this guy appears to have very coarse hair

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• Moderators
here's an example of a stunning temporal peak restoration by Medikemos (Lupanzula).

That case was much too aggressive. The temple points come forward too much. It looked fine after the first surgery. He used over 5500 grafts just for the hairline and temples. It looks OK now, but this guy is going to have problems if he loses any more hair in the future.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...

>Who's the best affordable temporal peak surgeon

Only focusing on the affordable part of the question, and saying one would need max 700 grafts for temple points (350 on each side) and doing a FUE procedure as one's "last procedure" here are some possible affordable examples with surgeons with decent reputations.

*Dr. Erdogan 2.5 euro x 700 1,750 euros

Dr. Keser 3.5 euro x 700 2,450 euros

Dr. Maras (HDC) 3.5 euro x 700 2,450 euros

Dr. Lupanzula 4.5 euro x 700 3,150 euros

(*would ASMED really do such a small procedure at this price...?? and they'd likely never quote as low as 700 grafts)

go dense or go home

hey Sean,

yeah Dr. Keser does some very good work and was almost recommended here a while back.

Another issue than the one you mentioned is it's hard to get quick and updated replies from the clinic.

But a good surgeon to include in one's list nevertheless.

go dense or go home

Just screams transplant to me. Not very natural looking and a bit over-the-top. Some people like that though. Must admit I'm quite envious he has 5,000 grafts to drop into a NW2 area!

So I've been looking a lot at temple point designs including images online, I've come to the conclusion that forward protruding/forward pointing lower temple points are the way to restore a youthful look in this area and also "manage" a highish forehead (mine is around 6.5cm or slightly lower).

Some examples:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f5/8c/d5/f58cd563e20d8376dba20c54ddbd9b24.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-TWz_FfTL7xw/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAGE/0vbcG3PQYdk/s0-c-k-no-ns/photo.jpg

Example of lower temple points restored in forward protruding shape:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=46002&d=1371987134

go dense or go home