Seeking FUE surgeon in Riverside, CA

DrewR

seems Dr. Diep is at least in the same state and has decent results and solid reputation here

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Isn't Mohebi recommended here? He's in LA. Personally not the guy for me but his former rep (pkipling? Maybe?) is active here and his FUE with Dr. Mohebi was a winner winner chicken dinner :-)

But man, I traveled from southern CA to eastern Canada to get my HT!

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

We have high standards for surgery on this forum. Consequently members will advise you to travel to different cities or even different countries (Europe) to get surgery done. If you post photos, we can advise you better.

That said, take a look at Gabel.

• Administrators

Hey Drew,

I live in the Greater Los Angeles area, I went to Dr. Diep who's in Los Gatos basically Silicon Valley, it's about a 5 hour drive, I couldn't be happier with my results. With that being said, there are good doctors every where, first and foremost you should be concerned with the results rather than the geographic location or even price.

Do some research look at patient reviews, I weigh those the heaviest since they're not cherry picked, then look for video documentation, HD before and after. Once you build up a list of doctors that you've been impressed with, send consults to them, Skype with them if possible, don't concern yourself with where they're located remember this is your head we're talking about here, this will stay with you for life it's not like buying a car or even a house, make sure you're ready to get a transplant both financially and mentally. Lastly, don't get caught up with lists of top doctors, don't be afraid to research, lists are just lists there may be a better option for you outside of the generic list.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the shoutout Ernie. :)

As has already been stated, your best bet is to start venturing outside of Riverside, and fortunately there are great options here in LA. Obviously, I highly recommend Dr. Mohebi and think he's top notch, but there are other great surgeons as well.

Since it seems you're new to the HT game, I recommend utilizing this forum and their list of recommended surgeons and start narrowing down your choices based on results, patient reviews, etc. Also, try not to limit yourself to one geographical area. While it can be quite convenient to stay relatively close to home, that shouldn't be a deciding factor when choosing your surgeon. There is no one size fits all surgeon out there, so do some research and start narrowing down your options until you find the one you yourself feel most comfortable with.

Feel free to reach out to me personally if you have questions about my experience with Dr. Mohebi, and I'm sure this goes for many other users on this site who can share their experiences with you about their surgeons as well.

Best of luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

pkipling:

<...Since it seems you're new to the HT game, I recommend...While it can be quite convenient to stay relatively close to home...>

I live in Los Angeles, am familiar with the practices in LA and Orange counties offering FUE, and am shopping for my second FUE. The city of Riverside has a population above 320,000 and the population within a convenient driving time radius is above 700,000. Since income levels and the cost of living in this area are below the area in which I live I am seeking a good FUE surgeon whose rates are commensurate with what FUE patients in Riverside are willing to pay.

When I started this thread I hoped to hear from FUE patients who were familiar with FUE options in the Riverside area, not marketing reps of Los Angeles doctors. Other than voxman's response there has been no information from anyone familiar with FUE options in or near Riverside. Thanks again, voxman.

So ignore all of us and run the risk of getting a subpar FUE result in Riverside then. All the best to you.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Drew, I like your study on the economic impacts of living in the IE, but there are just No HT Docs here. We Inland Empire dwellers go to LA or Phoenix or San Diego or the Beach cities.

The only outfit in town is a place called GRAFF which is a Hair Replacement (wig) Place.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

voxman:

I accept your info and guess I'll be getting the FUE locally. One of the well known FUE surgeons is located a few blocks from my office, but I won't necessarily go to him. I've had several consultations for this second FUE and know I can get a good job done by some of those with whom I consulted. I had noticed the GRAFF signage on that Riverside office building on a work-related trip to the city and was disappointed after I googled this business and found that hair transplant is not their business.

Have a good Thanksgiving and thanks for your advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Drew! I'm from Los Angeles as well. The odd thing is Voxman competed in a competition with me for an FUE transplant a few years ago and I won and the surgery went amazing!

I find it strange that Vox wouldn't recommend the Doctor because if he competed, I'd think he must have felt he was a great surgeon too. I would never have competed if I didn't feel he was safe. And it just so happened, in my opinion, he's the best too!

His name's Dr. Mohebi. Feel free to do your due diligence. The guy serves on the board of FUE, wrote books on it, even patented his own tools for the procedure.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

I find it strange that Vox wouldn't recommend the Doctor because if he competed, I'd think he must have felt he was a great surgeon too..

I have highly recommended Dr. Mohebi, many times on this forum in many of my posts - in fact most regular visitors here know I did my 2nd HT successfully with Dr. Mohebi this last March.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Vox, okay. Glad to hear!

Congrats on the successful surgery!!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

Have you looked at any results that you like?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians