Stepping Back and Appreciating Hair Transplantation - Dr. Bloxham

Just wanted to share something with the community:

I think sometimes it is very easy to get caught up in the excitement and controversy of the hair transplant field. Heated debates, opinions, and discussions run rampant, and it is very easy to become embroiled in these and forget how great hair transplantation really can be; for both the doctors who perform the transplants and the patients who's lives are changed by them. And don't get me wrong, I've been very guilty of this from time-to-time as well!

But today I was reminded of what a great thing hair transplantation really is, and I just felt like sharing:

I received this email from a patient this morning before starting surgery for the day. He's a great guy who I did a 2,300 graft complete frontal rebuild on (a thick "band" and reinforcement in the "mohawk area") 12 months ago. Here's what he sent:

Dr. Bloxham,

Hope this message finds you well. Today is one year for my transplant and the results have spoken for themselves. You did an excellent job man, thank you. I’ll be scheduling a 1 year post op shortly, look forward to seeing you guys again.

Pre Op - 6 Months - 1 Year results:

30ct9ck.jpg

The first picture on top is pre-op, the second in the middle is 6 months, and the bottom is 12 months. And for reference, here is what I did on him:

mkgh9w.jpg

His message really made my day and helped me remember what a great thing we all have here.

So maybe this will bring a little positivity to another forum member's day as well; someone researching a transplant or enjoying the results of their own transplant!

Have a good one!

- Dr. B

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Administrators

It's human nature to be attracted to controversy and drama, I don't think there is an industry out there where you don't have someone saying it's "tomayto" and the other saying "tomahto". I agree Dr. Bloxham, regardless of what philosophy or belief you subscribe to, at the end of the day I'm sure every recommended physician and every member on this forum have the same goal.

I can personally attest to the impact a great hair transplant can do to ones life, and I'm truly grateful and very lucky. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look in the mirror and think of how lucky I am to live in these times.

Hair loss really affects so many facets of life, not only self confidence but opportunities in employment and let's face it romance. I know the one thing I hated was feeling like people felt sorry for me, it's like people would ask "how old are you?" when I would respond, I could see the look on their faces would change like they felt sorry for me. Well I'm lucky enough to live in a time where it doesn't have to be this way and now it's not that way we could use a little reminder every once in a while:)

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I hate all the bickering and occasional trolling that goes on here from time to time, but yeah in the end it's all about helping people get to a better place in terms of their self esteem and enabling them to focus on the more important things in life.

Results look great!

Patient must be really enjoying life now for sure.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Well, I must say Dr. Bloxham,all that training paid off.This patient's results look transformational. Amazed at how much progress was made between month 6 and 12. What percentage of overall growth occurred in that six month period---50%?:)

HT,

Nicely stated!

HSRP,

Agreed. And that you for the kind words. And he does seem very happy!

Mountinvan,

Thank you. He definitely matured a little later on the traditional curve (as you can see by the 6 month shot), but clearly he caught up by month 12.

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

It's human nature to be attracted to controversy and drama, I don't think there is an industry out there where you don't have someone saying it's "tomayto" and the other saying "tomahto". I agree Dr. Bloxham, regardless of what philosophy or belief you subscribe to, at the end of the day I'm sure every recommended physician and every member on this forum have the same goal.

I can personally attest to the impact a great hair transplant can do to ones life, and I'm truly grateful and very lucky. There is not a day that goes by that I don't look in the mirror and think of how lucky I am to live in these times.

Hair loss really affects so many facets of life, not only self confidence but opportunities in employment and let's face it romance. I know the one thing I hated was feeling like people felt sorry for me, it's like people would ask "how old are you?" when I would respond, I could see the look on their faces would change like they felt sorry for me. Well I'm lucky enough to live in a time where it doesn't have to be this way and now it's not that way we could use a little reminder every once in a while:)

Nicely said. :)

Voxman,

That's great! Thanks for sharing.

HT Industry been very very good to me.

Impressive

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 months later...

Hi Xamy,

Glad we had the chance to meet!

The patient told me he's going to stop by when he has the chance; so I'll take more images and put up an in-depth presentation at that point in time.

And thank you for the kind words.

Hi Xamy,

Glad we had the chance to meet!

The patient told me he's going to stop by when he has the chance; so I'll take more images and put up an in-depth presentation at that point in time.

And thank you for the kind words.

And good to meet you as well Dr. Bloxham. I'm assuming this patient is in his mid-late 20's, like myself, is that correct?

And while I know my own hairloss to be more extreme than this patient's was when he had his procedure done, I think this is a great result, and it's the best "case study" I've come across in terms of "look" in both verisimilitude of pre-existing hair quality and to an outcome I would desire for my own HT.

I might PM or email you with some more follow up questions on this case, Dr. Bloxham. I hope this is OK. Thanks!

Hi Xam,

Late 20s -- unless I'm mistaken!

Feel free to PM, I'm always available to answer questions.

Dr Bloxham