4600 FUE - Dr Koray Erdogan, Asmed Clinic

renaissance

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah sorry, no there's not restrictions as such, it's just because of the whole brexit situation the pound is very weak at the minute and the procedure is going to cost more than what it did before brexit happened as the pound to euro conversion is weak atm, I'm just trying to find the best place to convert such a large amount of cash to euros, my bad thought you was from uk for some reason haha

I'm sorry but how the f is the British pound weak?

Pound to euro = +1.14

Pound to us = +1.27

Pound to Australian dollar = +1.67

Stop being a tight ass lol

I'm sorry but how the f is the British pound weak?

Pound to euro = +1.14

Pound to us = +1.27

Pound to Australian dollar = +1.67

Stop being a tight ass lol

Yes it's weak, it's at its all time low in five years, so compared to what it was before brexit yes it's weak, it's not being a tight ass I'm just saying its going to cost more compared to what it would before brexit

For example I transferred 786GBP which equals €1000 euros before brexit, I now have to transfer 900 GBP to get €1000

Edited by scotty9107

Any update Renaissance? Keen to see how you have healed?

I am off to see Erdogan in December. Can't believe how quickly it has come round.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Aftermath

Some hard data

Note: the coverage value is calculated by an algorithm Dr Koray invented and presented at some conferences, which is now used also by other surgeons.

Hair diameter: 55 micron

Front left side: density = 59 FU/cm2, hairs/FU: 1.72, 5.5 coverage value

Front right side: density = 57 FU/cm2, hairs/FU: 1.78, 5.5 coverage value

Back left side: density = 84 FU/cm2, hairs/FU: 2.10, 9.7 coverage value

Back right side: density = 85 FU/cm2, hairs/FU: 2.05, 9.5 coverage value

Back: density = 89 FU/cm2, hairs/FU: 2.37, 11.6 coverage value

Front area operation stats (day1): 2207 grafts, ratio 1.82 hair/graft, 696 single, 1216 double, 283 triple, 12 quadruple

Top area operation stats (day2): 2404 grafts, ratio 2.14 hair / graft, 368 single, 1377 double, 626 triple, 32 quadruple, 1 quintuple

Well done mate, do you know the final coverage of the frontal aread in FU/cm2?

• 3 weeks later...

I just passed the 2 months mark and things are going pretty much as expected: ugly duckling, transplanted hairs fell out (about 90% of them not all) and I'm waiting for another month to pass until I hope growth starts. Donor is completely healed and can't really say it's any thinner than before, recipient still shows visible redness, recipient still quite numb.

I've started taking Biotin supplements a couple of weeks ago because...why not :)

See you in another month!

If you had any pictures that would be great as I'm wondering what kind of shock loss you had if any as I am having a very similar size procedure performed.

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Well the price depends a bit on the optional stuff like PRP treatment, where you stay (hotel or clinic) etc but all this information should be on the asmed website so you can basically calculate in your case yourself based on number of grafts and then depending on which options you choose.

Can I ask how much was he overall? He seems to get good reviews. I need another next year and he's interesting me.

Renaissance is right and it should be on the website, but I believe ASMED have changed their pricing and while it's still €2.50 euros a grafts, PRP, all transfers (airport and between hotel and clinic), medical packages (shampoo and APT spray etc) and 2 nights at the Radisson Blu is now included. So basically, it's 2.50 x grafts and any extra hotel nights.

BTW, I would go with the Radisson over the clinic room. Clinic is lonely but room is like a hospital room with a single hospital bed. I was personally much more relaxed staying at the hotel and it's only a 3 mins drive away and they pick you up/drop you off so it's hassle free.

Sure, here's a pic from today. For me it's hard to say whether I had shock-loss in the recipient area or not, maybe you can see it better. In the donor as far as I can tell there's virtually no difference from before.

Perhaps a little. It's hard to tell as your hair was longer in your pre op photos. The good news is that most of the redness seems to have faded now. You can still see where the hair line will come in as well. Hopefully see some growth soon.

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Renaissance

I hope you are well. I make that 3 months now, have you started to see any signs of early growth yet?

I fly out Monday for my procedure. I can't believe how quickly it has come round. Nerves starting to kick in a little now!!

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. Looks like a really great experience & on course for a great outcome too, How's the ugly duckling phase going? Did you tell work colleagues or close friends about your procedure?

Sorry for the lack of updates, holidays and all...

Today 4 months have passed since the surgery. There's been quite a lot of growth and the hairline has come in nicely. What's still lacking is density, which I hope will come during the next months. For the last 2.5 months I've been taking Biotin 5000 and since last week I upped it to 10000 per day. So far since last week I noticed that my nails are definitely growing faster, the hair is too early to tell I think.

What do y'all think?

p1.jpg.655f2d6fcb7027973bb64d9270b2dfa5.jpg

p2.jpg.3f5fe987f1ebfce9209f9bd581cb3809.jpg

p3.jpg.bf8a78849a3a6dec4c5eb349ec5847d3.jpg

p4.jpg.a1a3f381907fb0dcee8c64ccc456ca0a.jpg

Wow this is gonna be a killer result. Congrats man.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Sorry for the lack of updates, holidays and all...

Today 4 months have passed since the surgery. There's been quite a lot of growth and the hairline has come in nicely. What's still lacking is density, which I hope will come during the next months. For the last 2.5 months I've been taking Biotin 5000 and since last week I upped it to 10000 per day. So far since last week I noticed that my nails are definitely growing faster, the hair is too early to tell I think.

What do y'all think?

Hey looks great. I think people don't tend to see the real density kick in until 6 months and beyond.The density is the one think that worries me too, especially in the front where its a bit patchy growing (although I'm only at 3 months). I was thinking of upping my Biotin too. I take 5000 mcg but I haven't been consistent, but I'm nearly out of them so was going to get the 10,000 mcg ones to get a possible boost. BTW, have you considered cutting the rest of your hair short to blend the front in more? I'm thinking of taking the top down to a grade 3 or 4 once more of the hair grows in in the next 6-8 weeks.

I've considered cutting the rest of my hair, as it looks quite awkward right now, however I decided to give it another month and cut it once I hit 5 months since the procedure. I'll keep you posted.

that's sounds like a good idea, you can also use a Stocking cap when you go out for now.

from what time after the procedure can you cut the transplant hair also?

i mean can i cut it down after one month ? does It not hurt the growth process?