4600 FUE - Dr Koray Erdogan, Asmed Clinic

renaissance

This looks sooooo good!! Congrats. I've been messaging Dr Koray Erdogans team for months now and usually I get ignored but when I do get a reply they don't answer my questions :( anyone know why this would be? I'm trying to book a HT with them. Maybe my money isn't good enough.

In my case the answers were also a bit delayed, by a few days or so. I just think they're super-busy. However, in my case the answers were always super detailed and informative, so it was worth the wait. You can also try writing Sema (my coordinator) directly at sema@asmed.com.tr maybe it helps.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my case the answers were also a bit delayed, by a few days or so. I just think they're super-busy. However, in my case the answers were always super detailed and informative, so it was worth the wait. You can also try writing Sema (my coordinator) directly at sema@asmed.com.tr maybe it helps.

I'll have to agree with the above. I've been in constant contact with Sevinc. Because of the time difference, our back and forth replies are 1 day apart. But she answered all my questions in details. And I'm booked for July 26th :D

Try sending your questions to sevinc@asmed.com.tr

• 2 weeks later...

Keep posting updates if you don't mind please as I think my growth is very much in line with yours. I'm just approaching 5 months and still seems quite sparse so hoping to really see the difference as you did over the next two months!

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

Amazing results so far ! Keep updating !

8 months.

Can't say I notice a big difference from last month, however I'm still very happy with the result.

I think that now, at 8 months post-op, I'm kind of seeing most of the final result. In the next months I'm not really looking forward to big changes in terms of density or growth, however I'm looking forward to the transplanted hair changing texture a bit and maybe blending in a little better. At the moment it looks pretty good right after a wash and blow dry, but as it starts getting dirtier (maybe after 1.5-2 days) the transplanted hair keeps its volume (great!) while the original hair more towards the crown starts losing it (not so great) and I end up with Johnny Bravo hair :cool:

Unrelated to the transplant, I'm hoping that I don't lose the crown in a hurry so that I can enjoy at least some years with what (except under very harsh light) looks like a head of hair :D However, given that I'm not taking any meds, I'm not holding my breath. The silver lining is Dr Koray can always work some magic again in case I need it.

As far as the result itself: looking back to what I started from...wow! It's just an awesome feeling! I'm sure that nitpicking could be done and I welcome all feedback, just for me personally I couldn't have imagined having this kind of hair again. I am in fact, still, after 8 months, VERY careful when washing, I only blot it with the towel before blow drying, no styling products etc. as I'm still apprehensive about damaging it. Crazy, right? :eek:

IMG_20170510_143017.jpg.7ae62a43f7c895c996b7ab6087532c42.jpg

IMG_20170510_143025.jpg.8afc7810cafd6d078732eedf924fbafa.jpg

IMG_20170510_143033.jpg.6af846e88a9a65e5a5a366801108b9a4.jpg

IMG_20170510_143049.jpg.9c105cb556b2c9716675495a0e133908.jpg

IMG_20170510_143134.jpg.1b5fff2b58c63cf7503422921122d306.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

9 months update. Not much to report, mostly due to the fact that I'm obsessing over the growth, density and hair in general much less than before. I still try to take care of it as best I can, but I'm not spending a lot of time checking for new growth or hairs or whatever.

I am however in need of a haircut, so I might post an update once I have time and get it done. ;)

IMG_20170510_143017.jpg.9efb945c0b3c049849a1b65df74abe38.jpg

IMG_20170612_091941.jpg.5402d82c947e30d52b9f97cc0a728da1.jpg

IMG_20170612_092004.jpg.a244075aa5bc80130620f7c25d8a27d6.jpg

IMG_20170612_092108.jpg.69af2a336aacc23b7434d795197023ac.jpg

IMG_20170612_092139.jpg.ade2f6c456a4e87a85569861984fc3d5.jpg

renaissance,

Congratulations on your hair transplant with Dr. Erdogan and thanks for the detailed write-up of your experience. You look terrific at 9 months!

People who are considering Dr. Erdogan in particular will appareciate all the detail as it will give them an idea of exactly what to expect before, during and after surgery. This kind of information is invaluable and can only be provided by a patient.

I'm glad your experience was a good one overall and the photos you've presented show nice clean and dense work both immediately after surgery and now at 9 months. I trust you are very satisfied with your results?

Also, if you haven't already, you are encouraged to create a patient website, which is the best way to document your progress with journal entries each day, photos, videos, etc. I know it's a bit late for the invitation since you're already 9 months out, but you could always go back and add the journal entries month to month if you'd like...or just create a website to share your overall experience. You can be as detailed as you'd like :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind comments and sorry for the lack of activity, busy summer. I'm actually getting a haircut right now and thought to check out the forum while I wait :D

Hkuser: a spike pic might be hard as I don't have/use pretty much any hair products for that. Is there another way I can satisfy your curiosity? :o

I had a somewhat strange experience at the hairdresser today: got a scalp massage. Strange because it was a hard one. Lots of pressure, with fingertips and sometimes palm, vigorous rubbing and even some fingernails at some point. I was taken by surprise and for some reason didn't call out to stop it. Luckily most of the pressure was outside of the transplanted area, like temples and back of the head, but there was some rubbing and once or twice finger pressure to the recipient area. There was also some tugging at the hair. :eek:

Now, I'm 10 months post OP so I'm not worried about graft damage...but is this kind of hard massage normal? Can it damage the hair and cause loss? I scoured the forum and the internet and generally it seems that scalp massages are a good thing, even found some places recommending vigorous massages, "as much pressure as you can take"...but it somehow seems wrong to me. Opinions? I got a bit freaked out immediately after, as I've been nursing my hair ever since the surgery... :eek:

LE: actually it was similar to this http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184182-how-make-scalp-massage.html but more on the top of the head and sides towards the front as opposed to the video in the link which is more towards the back of the head

9 months update. Not much to report, mostly due to the fact that I'm obsessing over the growth, density and hair in general much less than before. I still try to take care of it as best I can, but I'm not spending a lot of time checking for new growth or hairs or whatever.

I am however in need of a haircut, so I might post an update once I have time and get it done. ;)

Go away! You are making me jealous ;)

This is fantastic! Congratulations!

• 1 month later...

Solid improvement, man. With the area covered and only 4600 grafts used, it looks like a solid transformation.

Clearly you cannot go on with your daily life not worrying about your hair, but it must feel like a million times better to at least have the option with some styles. I noticed that most of Koray patients that have diaries going have the same unnatural, wiry, darker looking, transplanted hairs. I wonder if it's some thing he does and how much it will improve as time passes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you for posting such a detailed and in-depth review. I recently contacted Dr. Koray and I decided to go through with the hairtransplant somewhere in February next year.

Three question, do you know if its possible to pay by card at ASMED or is it more preferable to wire money in advance?

Second; Do the ASMED driver take you to the airport for the departure home?

And third; would you say that you are a guy that has normally medium to long hair? (Im just trying to compare to myself since your pre-op pictures looks like my condition). I got counted for 4000 grafts and 80cm^2.

@Haircutislife - They only take up to a certain amount (I think it's Euro 3000) via wire/bank transfer as a deposit, rest has to be cash. The driver will take you to your hotel or the clinic if you're staying there and will also return you to the airport before your flight. I stayed at the hotel and they'd let me know what time I needed to be in the lobby, worked well. Good luck with the HT!

• 8 months later...

Hey man good result. Just wondering did you follow any sort of diet? Does it help in terms of growth keeping a clean diet? 

I know a clean diet is helpful bin general but does it directly contribute to HT growth success rate?

2 hours ago, renaissance said:

No diet, I'm just taking 10.000mcg biotin every day. Not sure if it helps or just placebo, but no diet and no other meds.

photo.png

Wow! Fantastic results, I bet your self-confidence has taken off like a rocket,  Congrats!