Really want a FUE Hair Transplant (but am really scared)

Hi,

I was considerting having hair transplant possibly in Turkey as they are World class, but am scared of the initial anasthetic stage, does it hurt?????

IS THE INITIAL ONE LIKE A SKEWER THE INJECTION FOR ANASTHETIC.

I.e. does it travel from one side of back of kneck to another.

What happens if they care me with big needle, and take money beforehand, will i loose all my money if i back out, plus i dont want to piss world class people off.

is there such thing as pain free anesthetic and procedure.

The anesthetic needles are the only part of my 2000 graft FUE that hurt at all but it was only for a second. Your'e worrying about this way too much man. Just go for it. The thought of pain scared me too but if i had known how easy a fue operation actually is i would have done it 5 years earlier.

It's one of the best things I've ever done.

Edited by aWidowsPeek

Did you really need to start this thread again?

yes it hurts, but its a quick sting repeated a number of times. No it is not a skewer, its a syringe.

There are a few clinics that offer twilight procedures, where you are knocked out if you are absolutely needle phobic then you can look into that but I don't believe they offer that in turkey and that drives the price up. Really it's overkill unless your phobia is off the charts. If you're just being a big baby, 99% of us were scared by the idea of the injects, yes they're not fun, if you want to hear somebody say that I felt no pain good luck, some of us tolerate better than others but at best it's an annoyance, at worst it hurts, there is no painless but it is quick and nobodies died from them or anything close, you'll be fine.

Re: what happens if you want to walk out, ask the clinic their policy beforehand. I'm sure it's happened, my guess is you lose your deposit but ask them not us.

This is actually a valid concern. Someone actually died because of a badly done HT. Google "chennai hair transplant tragedy". Make sure you go to a reputed surgeon after doing a lot of research.

From my own experience, injections are not unbearable. On a scale of 0-10 (10 being the worst), I'll give it 3. The worst part for me was lying down in the same position for hours.

This is actually a valid concern. Someone actually died because of a badly done HT. Google "chennai hair transplant tragedy". Make sure you go to a reputed surgeon after doing a lot of research.

From my own experience, injections are not unbearable. On a scale of 0-10 (10 being the worst), I'll give it 3. The worst part for me was lying down in the same position for hours.

finding a reputed surgeon is a valid issue, fear of dying in the hands of a reputed one cause of anesthetic injects is just being dramatic. He said in another post he was looking at Erdogan or Dogonay, tho Dogonays rep has taken a hit of late, death isnt a real worry with either.

Edited by mikeyhwk

How deep does teh anestheti go?? is anesthetic the biggest ones???? Thanks

not far at all just past the skin, they aren't like a traditional intramuscular shot that need to be buried deep. They are the only things you feel, once numb anything else you don't have to concern yourself with.

Shall i ask how much deposit beforehand, so they can keep it incase i chicken out.

Plus i have social anxiety and am fidgetty a lot what if i keep changing position will they get pissed off.

they will let you know the deposit before that let you book a date.

Yes moving around and being fidgety is a problem. The doctor requires you to be mostly still when making slits and I know the implantation requires you to be still as well. I started to nod off during and it drove the implantation team crazy.

Make sure you know some background info on your doctor's medical assistants. They make a huge impact on the procedure. The clinic should be able to tell you some details about how they can make the surgery as painless as possible.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Shall i ask how much deposit beforehand, so they can keep it incase i chicken out.

Plus i have social anxiety and am fidgetty a lot what if i keep changing position will they get pissed off.

If I were a hair transplant surgeon I would refuse to work on you. People with mental issues should stay away from this.

How do you survive going to the dentist? How about getting a flu shot or a blood sample? Do you run around the office and make them chase you? Getting a FUE procedure is less painful than going to the dentist to get a cavity filled. If you take Valium or Xanax and still freak out then you probably need to see a Dr. for help with phobias. If you can't sit still the Dr won't be able to operate on you.

Do not get a HT.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

I thought you can nod off and go sleep naturally by lying down asleep.

Also coming back to the anesthetic i it true there is such thing as microcopic needles that are used to inject the anesthetic like mosquitos bite. I think some where in india are they all that pain free?????

I thought you can nod off and go sleep naturally by lying down asleep.

Also coming back to the anesthetic i it true there is such thing as microcopic needles that are used to inject the anesthetic like mosquitos bite. I think some where in india are they all that pain free?????

Please stop repeating redundant, stupid questions. Yes, you will need anesthetic and yes, it will hurt briefly. You will not find a route whereby you can be given local anesthetic painlessly - it simply is not possible.

If you're working yourself into this much of a state before you even lie on the table you SHOULD NOT proceed with a HT. The post-op recovery period is no joke and takes a fairly heavy mental toll. You are clearly unable to even deal with brief physical stress, and the mental stress post-op is a much heavier burden to bear, and also much longer lasting.

Please stop repeating redundant, stupid questions. Yes, you will need anesthetic and yes, it will hurt briefly. You will not find a route whereby you can be given local anesthetic painlessly - it simply is not possible.

If you're working yourself into this much of a state before you even lie on the table you SHOULD NOT proceed with a HT. The post-op recovery period is no joke and takes a fairly heavy mental toll. You are clearly unable to even deal with brief physical stress, and the mental stress post-op is a much heavier burden to bear, and also much longer lasting.

Just the brief time they harvest and implant the hairs, how longs is needle for this very sharp shot can you describe please out of 10????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I would describe it: make it to 100! About 10-12 shots. If I was you, don't have surgery. If this is the way you act on an social forum, I can't imagine how you be like in reality...