1500 Grafts FUE Dr. Keser Part 2

Gatsu

Thanx for the answer.

It bugs me a lot to be honest. I should have done it when i was there a couple a months ago. i couldn't figure it out before and why i felt that something was missing.

Well, now i know what to do for me to be 100% satisfied. I already emailed a couple of clinics to see if they can help me with this. Feels like it would be a smaller "touch up" job, so maybe something i can do relativity fast and easy.

I hear ya, the regret afterwards about not getting everything you wanted done is a b*tch. I got the same thing, my hairlines alright but I held off on doing a minor patch up on the crown as I was told that I should give meds more time to work. Now I'm almost 3 months post and kicking myself for not doing it and having to do the whole shave down wait it out process again down the road.

Be careful who you choose, there's a couple threads lately about temple points being done incorrectly and having to be redone. It's a small procedure but not an easy procedure and one that not every doc wants to do. It's not quite as straight forward as a hairline so if you're not going to Keser again, try to find some pics of their work in that area or ask for some.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear ya, the regret afterwards about not getting everything you wanted done is a b*tch. I got the same thing, my hairlines alright but I held off on doing a minor patch up on the crown as I was told that I should give meds more time to work. Now I'm almost 3 months post and kicking myself for not doing it and having to do the whole shave down wait it out process again down the road.

Be careful who you choose, there's a couple threads lately about temple points being done incorrectly and having to be redone. It's a small procedure but not an easy procedure and one that not every doc wants to do. It's not quite as straight forward as a hairline so if you're not going to Keser again, try to find some pics of their work in that area or ask for some.

I hear you. maybe give the meds some more time? 3 months are nothing if you are taking fin.

dont know if Keser does it to be honest. never seen it in his pictures before, that might be why he never mention it.

I?ve emailed Dr.Bisanga at BHR-clinic in brussels and Dr.Koray in Istanbul. we?ll see what they say about it. Thank you for the heads up though!

Being on Fin can also help in this area, but it takes long time and being on it steady.

I noticed this as I have been on and off Fin past 6 years.

Anyway as mentioned, should be easy to address with a few hundred grafts, I'm in similar situation where I'm looking to address my lower temple points/ sides next year.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking really good man at seventh months.

Dr. Keser does great work.

Are you going back for the temple points?

I don't think you need it but you had said it bothered you (I ended up having mine done in Jan with Konior).

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Looking great Gatsu, it's on par with your first procedure, another home run and only getting better by the day. Your result is making me seriously consider him. I checked in with Dr Keser for my 2nd procedure, and he wants me to hold off until im 1 year post op on my hairline op before he'll do it, another 5 months, the waits gonna drive me crazy lol I was hoping he'd do it sooner as its a different area but he's pretty strict on his 1 year between ops policy.

It looks awesome Gatsu. While I personally think your temple points work for you, I am interested to know if you're still considering getting them done at some point and if you got Dr. Keser's input on this.

Either way, congrats to you and Dr. Keser.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

The yield is phenomenal. Very happy for you. I just wish some docs can learn to deliver like this. Slow and steady seems to be a good approach. Noce and dense, and i dont see any see through issue here. You are a very lucky guy and this was definitely a success. Congrats

Wow. Unbelievable result

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Looking really good man at seventh months.

Dr. Keser does great work.

Are you going back for the temple points?

I don't think you need it but you had said it bothered you (I ended up having mine done in Jan with Konior).

Hey!

Thank you :). Yea im in contact with dr koray actually regarding my sides and temple points. He replied that he would like to use 2000-2400 grafts for the sides/temple points and a little bit in the front. I think it sound alot for what im asking for but we are in discussion.

I have a really good donor so for me the most important thing is to have more for future hair loss. So i want his opinion on that..

Nice. is there anywhere to follow that progress? are you happy with it so far?

Looking great Gatsu, it's on par with your first procedure, another home run and only getting better by the day. Your result is making me seriously consider him. I checked in with Dr Keser for my 2nd procedure, and he wants me to hold off until im 1 year post op on my hairline op before he'll do it, another 5 months, the waits gonna drive me crazy lol I was hoping he'd do it sooner as its a different area but he's pretty strict on his 1 year between ops policy.

Thank you :).

Its a good thing that you wait for your donor and head to heal completly before doing the second HT. Dr Keser is really good so you will make a good chooise by picking him imo.

It looks awesome Gatsu. While I personally think your temple points work for you, I am interested to know if you're still considering getting them done at some point and if you got Dr. Keser's input on this.

Either way, congrats to you and Dr. Keser.

Hey man! Thank you :).

I am still considering it. As mentioned before im in contact with Dr Koray for my sides and temple points. He wants to use 2000-2400grafts. Quite high number imo but i would like to hear how he reasons and what he thinks about my donor and future hair loss.

Im only 30 years old and i have strong hair loss on both sides of my family so its important for me that i think on the long battle ahead. Im on 0.5mg finasteride every day going back 6 months and im going to order S5 Cream plus to add. I have a good donor and i know Dr Koray is really good on harvesting high numbers out of poor donors. I have not talk with Dr Keser about this. I dont even know if he does temple points.

I had a friend that was in a really bad shape, almost completely bald with a really bad donor that went to koray (Keser denied him). He managed to harvest over 5000 grafts and the results today are amazing. I cant belive he managed to get so much out of that poor donor and present that kind of result. So that makes me think he can make wonders with mine..

Hey!

Thank you :). Yea im in contact with dr koray actually regarding my sides and temple points. He replied that he would like to use 2000-2400 grafts for the sides/temple points and a little bit in the front. I think it sound alot for what im asking for but we are in discussion.

I have a really good donor so for me the most important thing is to have more for future hair loss. So i want his opinion on that..

Nice. is there anywhere to follow that progress? are you happy with it so far?

He would likely do a very dense and amazing job, but 2,400 grafts or so for that area is definite overkill !

I've had temple corner (quite dense at 60 grafts/cm2) and temple point restoration done for around 1,400 grafts in those areas and looking at your recent situation there is no way in hell (lol) you need 2,400.

I would look at Maras or Keser again, in order to save your donor area for future loss, but that's just me.

Keser doesn't do just temple points?

go dense or go home

He would likely do a very dense and amazing job, but 2,400 grafts or so for that area is definite overkill !

I've had temple corner (quite dense at 60 grafts/cm2) and temple point restoration done for around 1,400 grafts in those areas and looking at your recent situation there is no way in hell (lol) you need 2,400.

I would look at Maras or Keser again, in order to save your donor area for future loss, but that's just me.

I would second this advice, you do have a very strong donor Gatsu but given what you said about your family and potential progression, you don't want to go overspending on a luxury when your hair looks phenomenal already. I do think the points would be a difference maker for you but like hsrp is saying here, I believe you can get an outstanding result with fewer grafts. 2400 grafts is excessive.

Dr Erdogan's quote for 2400 grafts for the temporal areas is definitely overkill. That is way too much. I do not understand these large graft estimated and quotations by that clinic versus surface area. Seems like manual nonmotorized extractions and smaller procecudure with limited graft extractions per day worked for you before?. In this case with Dr Erdogan, is the tool motorized? Is all 2400 grafts to be extracted in a one day procedure? Make sure the protocol is the same as it suited you before. Do not risk outliers.

Dr Keser should at least offer to work to design temples you seek for you. One thing I do not understand is, from what I was told across several forums, he mostly takes virgin scalps and is mot known to take repair patients.

How far forward are you planning to bring those temples based on the pics you posted? Temples definitely frame results better but be careful as to what type and design. Some docs do C shape, some V shape, some l shape.

Looks fucking great Gatsu! And just to throw out an honest opinion, I think your temples look fine a little receded, especially since it draws attention to your strong hairline. I see a lot of guys shave the sides of their heads anyways and keep it long on top. I get why you'd want to do do it, but I think it looks good on you!

I agree with you. I feel thats overkill as well, i wont waste 2000-2400 grafts on that.

I actually just mailed Maras. Eager to see what they say about it.

I would second this advice, you do have a very strong donor Gatsu but given what you said about your family and potential progression, you don't want to go overspending on a luxury when your hair looks phenomenal already. I do think the points would be a difference maker for you but like hsrp is saying here, I believe you can get an outstanding result with fewer grafts. 2400 grafts is excessive.

Agreed, i think you are absolutely right. I wont waste 2000-2400 grafts on this kind of hair transplant. I just want to "polish" it up for that perfect look (imo). I will continue to look around and see what other doctors say,

Dr Erdogan's quote for 2400 grafts for the temporal areas is definitely overkill. That is way too much. I do not understand these large graft estimated and quotations by that clinic versus surface area. Seems like manual nonmotorized extractions and smaller procecudure with limited graft extractions per day worked for you before?. In this case with Dr Erdogan, is the tool motorized? Is all 2400 grafts to be extracted in a one day procedure? Make sure the protocol is the same as it suited you before. Do not risk outliers.

Dr Keser should at least offer to work to design temples you seek for you. One thing I do not understand is, from what I was told across several forums, he mostly takes virgin scalps and is mot known to take repair patients.

How far forward are you planning to bring those temples based on the pics you posted? Temples definitely frame results better but be careful as to what type and design. Some docs do C shape, some V shape, some l shape.

Yes, that has been the way i have done it before through Dr Keser. maximum of 500 grafts a day.

Dr Koray uses a manual punching tool as Keser but they extract and put it all in, in one day. He makes up to 5000 grafts in one day if needed. Its a different approach but you cant deny hes results.

Dr Keser has a really small crew and are not willing to take big "riskier" cases anymore due to age and fatigue. He does all the work himself compared to Koray that leaves all the work to his assistants. This makes repair patients and bigger cases harder for him. He took me in for a second time so he is obviously willing to deal with people that has had HT:S before.

I think i will go with the shape that i already have. If you look at my right side you can see that i have a V shaped temple point. Im thinking of just high lighting that and making it stronger. How far im not sure, i have to elaborate that with a surgeon.

Looks fucking great Gatsu! And just to throw out an honest opinion, I think your temples look fine a little receded, especially since it draws attention to your strong hairline. I see a lot of guys shave the sides of their heads anyways and keep it long on top. I get why you'd want to do do it, but I think it looks good on you!

Thank you brother.

I agree with you and thats why i keep my sides very short. you can shave it all of as well and i think it will look good.

I will think about it and talk to a couple of surgeons. If i can do it without wasting to many grafts i might take the step just to be completely satisfied. Im in no rush so we will see what happens :).

Yes, that has been the way i have done it before through Dr Keser. maximum of 500 grafts a day.

Dr Koray uses a manual punching tool as Keser but they extract and put it all in, in one day. He makes up to 5000 grafts in one day if needed. Its a different approach but you cant deny hes results.

Dr Keser has a really small crew and are not willing to take big "riskier" cases anymore due to age and fatigue. He does all the work himself compared to Koray that leaves all the work to his assistants. This makes repair patients and bigger cases harder for him. He took me in for a second time so he is obviously willing to deal with people that has had HT:S before.

I think i will go with the shape that i already have. If you look at my right side you can see that i have a V shaped temple point. Im thinking of just high lighting that and making it stronger. How far im not sure, i have to elaborate that with a surgeon.

Congratulations on your amazing results.

Is that to say that Dr. Kesser both extracts the follicle and implants the graft himself?

Congratulations on your amazing results.

Is that to say that Dr. Kesser both extracts the follicle and implants the graft himself?

Thank you!

Yes! He extracts with help of one assistant and implants everything himself.

Hey Sean,

I've had multiple successful procedures but some clinics still consider subsequent surgery as "repair" work, anyway Dr. Keser was willing to work on me and my scalp certainly is no virgin lol

Some of the communication times between the rep and the clinic are long and I somehow managed a cancellation booking with my no 1 choice and didn't go with him, but it seemed Dr. Keser was willing to work on me.

I guess it's case by case. Have you contacted them btw?

go dense or go home

I got this answer from HDC Clinic.

"Dear Mattias,

Our opinion is that what you are requesting will only make your natural look to be worst.

We advise you not to proceed with restoring your peak temporal points for the moment.

Kind regards,"

Thats an unexpected answer. Do you agree?