Feeling Unhappy With Results - Approaching 12 Months

Right now I am feeling unhappy about my results. Maybe I was expecting too much. I like to comb my hair back exposing the hairline. With the minimal amount of loss to start, I thought for sure 2600 grafts would do the job. Maybe my yield was less than average... I am not sure.

Now here I am about 3 weeks shy of a year, and I am just not satisfied. I still feel a bit self conscious when I style my hair back. I thought I had finally put all of this obsessing over my hair behind me. Now I am feeling disappointed and am dreading having to go through this entire process again.

I have been thinking about going to Rahal to refine my hairline. Although, I am in Thailand and it would be easier to go to one of the doctors locally. I believe there is a doctor here that is supposed to do good work.

I am so tired of thinking about my hair. I just want to move on with my life and not have to worry about it anymore.

I imagine doctors don't really like doing smaller procedures. I probably need a few hundred or so grafts in the hairline. What would you do?

Please post pics so we can give you more targeted advice?...

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Right now I am feeling unhappy about my results. Maybe I was expecting too much. I like to comb my hair back exposing the hairline. With the minimal amount of loss to start, I thought for sure 2600 grafts would do the job. Maybe my yield was less than average... I am not sure.

Now here I am about 3 weeks shy of a year, and I am just not satisfied. I still feel a bit self conscious when I style my hair back. I thought I had finally put all of this obsessing over my hair behind me. Now I am feeling disappointed and am dreading having to go through this entire process again.

I have been thinking about going to Rahal to refine my hairline. Although, I am in Thailand and it would be easier to go to one of the doctors locally. I believe there is a doctor here that is supposed to do good work.

I am so tired of thinking about my hair. I just want to move on with my life and not have to worry about it anymore.

I imagine doctors don't really like doing smaller procedures. I probably need a few hundred or so grafts in the hairline. What would you do?

Sorry to hear about your disapointment.

Trust me, i know how it feels like not to get the result you expect.

That beeing said, if you want help you need to provide pictures.

It Will take you 2 minutes to post a couple of pictures, and dont say you Dong have Acces to a Camara. :)

Nobody Can help you determine of a few hundreds grafts is gonna help you if we cannot see the problem

Here are some photos. The lights in here are all very bright direct overhead lights so take that into consideration.

I Can see what you mean.

I Think like 3-400 grafts would help you get what you need.

Offcourse we need to see pre op pictures to judge if the results is good

Here are some photos of my hair wet and a few pre-op. Let me know what you think. 2600 is A LOT of grafts. I thought it actually looked pretty good post op before I shed.

The first 2 are current wet with the bright direct overhead lights. The next 2 are pre-op photos showing what I was hoping to fill in. The next one was a post-op before the shed and the final one is a frontal shot before the procedure.

I know I have had growth, but I am just not sure how much. Did I have a low yield? I definitely wish I would have been more aggressive with the hairline. If I was going to go through a year like this, I would have liked to go all out from the beginning.

1-wet-left.jpg.ee706675bc6a147d65c5837557ab3484.jpg

1-wet-right.jpg.27bcfa6ccb494800b368bf2f3599aab3.jpg

1-pre-op-left.png.473f307be60e5b560a1d33ecbf2b11ca.png

1-pre-op-right.png.8363fe0ae4f78af3031e103b8bb172de.png

1-post-op-buzz.png.fc0f3b61f2d3d02e9ea6b95e9e81caf2.png

1-pre-op-front.png.01f79df15bedb0be5fbce69b5f74c294.png

I Can see what you mean.

I Think like 3-400 grafts would help you get what you need.

Offcourse we need to see pre op pictures to judge if the results is good

Thanks for the reply. Where are you thinking the 3-400 would go?

Think your hair looks pretty good ,I'd leave things until the 18 month mark ,it's just I would be concerned

about the quest for perfection, unfortunately I 've seen a few guys on this forum go down that road and end up worse than when they started,

:cool:Shows how subjective this all is... I think it looks awesome.

Of course his hair looks great and of course as a NW 5-6 one side of me thinks c'mon man get it together, but you're right it's subjective ,unfortunately as I alluded to in previous post

some guys just won't listen to advice and go for another procedure and do more harm than good.

I appreciate the replies. Honestly... I am not looking for perfection. I just expected to be able to style my hair any way I want and right now, I don't feel like I can do that.

You can see the post-op photo of my head buzzed down. Does my current result look the same as my post opp photo? To me it does not. Does it look like I got a decent yield?

I don't know... Sometimes I wonder if I don't have some type of hair dysmorphia.

Here are some photos of my hair wet and a few pre-op. Let me know what you think. 2600 is A LOT of grafts. I thought it actually looked pretty good post op before I shed.

The first 2 are current wet with the bright direct overhead lights. The next 2 are pre-op photos showing what I was hoping to fill in. The next one was a post-op before the shed and the final one is a frontal shot before the procedure.

I know I have had growth, but I am just not sure how much. Did I have a low yield? I definitely wish I would have been more aggressive with the hairline. If I was going to go through a year like this, I would have liked to go all out from the beginning.

like wtf lol thats class mate cant complain with what you have

The shape of your hairline looks much better now. Im guessing that's what you were going for. The HT worked well for that.

What part are you unhappy with?

I agree with others you should wait until 18 months. It'll give you more time to rest before considering another HT.

If you do go for more grafts I would suggest flying to a TOP doctor and being sure he doesnt make the hairline too straight. Talk to him about doing a sort of zig zag so it looks natural when grown out.

You have great hair and can get this all sorted out well with some smart planning.

But first take a well deserved break.

Of course his hair looks great and of course as a NW 5-6 one side of me thinks c'mon man get it together, but you're right it's subjective ,unfortunately as I alluded to in previous post

some guys just won't listen to advice and go for another procedure and do more harm than good.

He's either trolling in this forum or just making fun of us because we look balder than him.

The shape of your hairline looks much better now. Im guessing that's what you were going for. The HT worked well for that.

What part are you unhappy with?

I think when getting a hair transplant, at least for me, the way you want to style your hair should be taken into consideration as well.

All along, part of the left temple has been lagging behind the right when you look at it from the front. Which is odd because the right actually looks thinner from the side.

Anyway... I feel like blunting the left temple a bit would make everything look better when the hairline is exposed or the hair is combed back. Ideally... both temples would be filled in just a little bit more. I think this could be accomplished with a minimal amount of grafts and without making the hairline look too straight.

It really is subjective. And just because I may not be a norwood 6... I can still relate to the feeling of never thinking my hair looks good and wanting to wear a hat all the time. Because my hair is fine and straight, it can be tricky to style and get looking decent. Of course, I had my tricks to try to make the thinning areas not look as obvious... and that always seemed to make my hairstyle look kind of ridiculous.

Finally... I am not wearing hats anymore and so I am happy about that. I feel for anyone that has to deal with the mental anguish associated with hair loss. I know what it feels like to feel self-conscious... spend too much time trying to create a decent hairstyle... worry about the wind blowing around my hair... and on and on...

I just think if I was going to spend all this time and money... I should have been just a little bit more aggressive. with some minor changes, it would not be perfect, but I think it would make a significant difference for me and the way I want to style my hair.

Like many people here... I just want to look my best. I try to take good care of myself... eat healthy... exercise... try not to get too much sun... I spend quite a bit of time before audiences of people and just want to feel good about my appearance. I am sure many people here feel the same.

Now in my 40s... I am watching the wrinkles deepen in my forehead and around my eyes. I am trying to come to a place of acceptance and can hopefully age gracefully. At the same time... I want to do what I can to slow down the process as much as possible.

There's ageing gracefully and ending up like Michael Jackson or David Guest......it's a very fine line. ..

90% of people on here would be glad to have your hair. I'm 46 and can relate to your feelings of youthful looks slipping away. I can handle the lines more than the receding hairline. :D

Again with the monthly 'I'm not happy with my transplant results'..

Urealistic expecations in IMO. You've got to remember, a transtplant is a bit of an illusion and isn't meant to match mother nature. Also, you've probably compared your area by how many grafts you've gotten vs pics of others who've had a larger area with same/less or grafts and automatically epected yours to be better. if so, it's a huge mistake.

Good luck with whatever direction you go with from here.

Born, I'm also in my 40's and at just over 5 months I'm a bit behind you. Your hair looks very very good imho

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Looks good to me... 2000+ seemed a bit much for what you needed done, however hair characteristics play a key role in graft numbers... But if you were to ask me how it looks, without knowing graft numbers etc, I would say it was a successful transplant... You should also take more pictures without light shining right through your head. Use natural light.

• 3 weeks later...

When you say style, what did you have in mind? Your hair isn't trained yet because it hasn't fully grown out to it's potential. Were you planning to grow it out a bit like Bradley Cooper or Charlie Sheen? Versatility in hairstyles require a little bit of hair length to play with so maybe grow it out and get small trims to keep it neat and see in a few months. I don't think you have had any bad replies in this forum so take this into consideration that your hair looks fine. What do friends and family think?

If I were to consider anything (I don't think you need anything), it would be possible temple points. I think the rest looks great. I mean, for your forties its actually fantastic and I think you have a bright follicular future.

Are you on any meds?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Looks decent to me under what appears to be worst case lighting and hair gel scenario. I took the liberty of looking at some of your old post and note you're a repair patient. With that in mind, best to give it a bit more time.

I wouldn't bother with another surgery. Save those grafts in case of any future hairloss progression.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day