FUE with Dr. Demirsoy, 20/07/2016

TheGman

Gman, hang in there dude. I'm exactly 9 days behind you (had fut with about 3000 grafts to exactly the same area done on 7/29). The shedding and native hair shock loss have been BRUTAL for me. But we took the plunge and now we just need to roll with it. Keep me posted and I'll do the same... good luck with it

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gman, hang in there dude. I'm exactly 9 days behind you (had fut with about 3000 grafts to exactly the same area done on 7/29). The shedding and native hair shock loss have been BRUTAL for me. But we took the plunge and now we just need to roll with it. Keep me posted and I'll do the same... good luck with it

Awesome man who did you do it with?

I keep wondering about the density, and I know the worst is to come: anxiously waiting for the first results to thicken up will be very stressful. I'll only be 100% relieved when I get a good haircut with a straightening treatment in a year from now!

37 days post-op, and I have seen some small pimples and bumps emerge on my recipient area.

Muzaffer gave me an antiseptic lotion to use in case of this.

I have started applying it to be safe, using a cotton pad, will do it once a day and carry on using minoxidil. Am I doing it right?

ZiItMn4.jpg

hgx6UUP.jpg

I did it with Rahal in Ottawa.

Yes I just saw your pics!

Great choice, he's the one I would have loved to go to if I lived in North America. FUT is still a viable option as long as you don't buzz your sides, I was still hesitating at the last minute.

I hear you on the scar. A lot of people get bent about the scar, and it never really concerned me too much. Maybe I'll eat those words, but we'll see. For now, the shock loss and shedding are the daily grinds. If I was a borderline HT candidate before doing this, I definitely need one now bc I'm friggin BALD in my frontal! tick tock...

I hear you on the scar. A lot of people get bent about the scar, and it never really concerned me too much. Maybe I'll eat those words, but we'll see. For now, the shock loss and shedding are the daily grinds. If I was a borderline HT candidate before doing this, I definitely need one now bc I'm friggin BALD in my frontal! tick tock...

Man you can see how much balder I've gotten it's much worse than before the transplant, I feel like a nw5. But it's part of the game. I pretend I have a skin condition to the very few people that have seen that disaster. How about you?

I know Rahal is very conservative with concealers. Demirsoy told me to wait for 2 months...

Actually, I'm in the rare group of people that really doesn't give a rats ass about having had the procedure and I'm pretty open about the whole thing. I didn't do it because I care about how other people see me, I did it because I cared about how I saw me. So, post-op, I simply walk around (hatless without concealers, etc...) for all to see and "admire". When people ask about it, I say I had a HT. People are actually genuinely interested in that topic, especially guys (no surprise). They have a LOT of questions, which I'm always happy to answer. I seem to be in the vast minority in this regard, but that's just how I roll.

I booked myself two weeks in a shithole in the London area to hide, and I was asked about my FUE by a group of Turkish guys who were very curious. It didn't bother me at all. But where I live it'd be impossible to be open about it. I have a very conservative family and I work in a macho environment. I can't wait for month 3, I should be back to where I was pre-op...

Yeah I hear you, brother. I get why it's sensitive for a lot of people. If anyone give you a hard time, just send them my way and I'll be sure to tell them where to go. In the meantime, the months will fly, no doubt and as the saying goes, "this too shall pass."

I can deal with this, but the anxiety of a poor result is clearly the hardest. I suppose the early stages of growth will be the most worrying.

Hang in there, it will pass! I was also super anxious for the first few months post transplant, and I was analyzing every square cm and wondering why is it denser here than here, and looking at it tirelessly every hour of the day. You will go nuts in no time :)

Once all the hairs sprout, it will all blend in nicely and you won't really notice any difference.

I can deal with this, but the anxiety of a poor result is clearly the hardest. I suppose the early stages of growth will be the most worrying.

GMan,

It will certainly improve. Look at post #101 on my thread, bad bad bad early days:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics-11.html

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Day 40.

Back to square one, and actually a bit further down. There is almost no hair left, some have grown, some have not. Will use toppik a few times a week now, without spray, and I'll wash it off at night.

I had developped some early signs of pimples and my surgeon, upon viewing the pictures, recommended me to apply some antiseptic lotion.

I have been applying the antiseptic lotion a few times a day, with a cotton pad, and left it on for several hours, sometimes before going to sleep. My recipient area looks slightly better it seems.

Here are some pics of my current situation:

9IMmLEe.jpg

yoU8cpN.jpg

pKKaKlX.jpg

dNowC9m.jpg

And now with some antiseptic cream on, applied with a cotton pad. Switched to minox once a day, only until my scalp starts looking better, soon!

VSkmHZG.jpg

Dr Demirsoy told me to wait one month and a half before I could get some impacts on my head, I'm a very active MMA/grappling competitor, so I still trained a little with very low intensity, I'm planning to start becoming more careless as of this week if that's okay. I forgot what the reasoning was behind so much caution, but I care about the hair more than about my upcoming tournaments!

Here I am, back to my public life, the next months are going to be the toughest!

• 4 weeks later...

9 weeks post-op.

2 months and one day.

63 days.

U4Jtwmw.jpg

U7VmMgl.jpg

goqEOU5.jpg

k8kZV98.jpg

v4zdEbw.jpg

Getting closer to the moment of truth. Plenty of stubble-like hair that seem new but doesn't want to grow. A few new, thin hairs. A small pimple. The calm before the storm!

fella im (rooting) for ya im sure everything will kick off soon , hang in there , how are you coping now with this phase are you exposing it to the world or keeping it covered ?

also did he put implants into your forelock or was it that thin before or shockloss

sivy

fella im (rooting) for ya im sure everything will kick off soon , hang in there , how are you coping now with this phase are you exposing it to the world or keeping it covered ?

also did he put implants into your forelock or was it that thin before or shockloss

sivy

Thanks mate, it's a stressful time.

I'm turning down every offer to appear in public and I'm in constant freakout mode at work(using some concealer on the forelock). Too bad because I've gotten great opportunities(even to pose for a popular sports magazine as an athlete), but I really must hide, especially if I can finally enjoy looking good in a few months from now.

Yes he did take care of the forelock which has been decimated by MPB and then by the shockloss. It was the right move! But obviously a bit trickier than the completely bald areas...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wanted to wait a little more to post an update, but this morning I couldn't resist taking pictures as I saw the noticeable shadow of the new hairline. Just took them as I woke up.

Here it is, 12 weeks and 3 days:

j5sjQCE.jpg

The left temple which is showing more growth at this point:

T7km1kg.jpg

Right one: Qy7Mgoi.jpg

I need to buzz it all, maybe this afternoon, but waiting for some more thickening would be reasonable.

3 months and 4 days.

I just had a buzzcut to appreciate the early results better.

Quickly snapped some pics, the quality isn't the best, but I'm on a rush:

85UY1Uv.jpg

D2kpTFi.jpg

Quick look at my donor area:

6AYXfXX.jpg

This is just the beginning, and even if it's far from looking natural at the moment, the fear of a bad result is pretty much gone. I expect things to be at least decent, and a major cosmetic improvement.

im pumped for you gman its good news for me as im coming to the worst part of mine , i have early shedding ive lost about 40% already at 15 days and noticable redness , also a large spot on a grafted area im worried about loosing the grafts from the spot ? so its great to here some good news mate

its looking very promising and the donor looks good form what i can make out from the photo .

bb

G, starting to shape up very well in the front. Are you going through a bit of shock loss at all?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)