6 months results 2900 Grafts Dr Wong, not much growth

So how come you're able to achieve good density with 4500 grafts and I had 5000 grafts ( if I don't count the remaining 1900 ) implanted in the same area as yours with two different doctors and cannot achieve good density ?

Look at my post op pics mate, he covered a much smaller area than with you. I think I misunderstood your question. My hair was transplanted into a much smaller area than yours. Rahal wanted to cover a part of the midscalp lap, but he never got enough grafts from the strip. I also have fair skin and blonde hair which helps create that illusion of density.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BINGO - that's exactly the point and exactly the reason why hair restoration will very seldom restore a full set of dense hair that covers the whole head, and the reason so many high NWs with good donar supply are not good candidates for hair transplantation. That's the reason so many surgeons warn patients to rather focus on the frontal 3rd before trying to hit the crown. I think you are going to require at least 6,000 total grafts to just active dense hair in the front half before even touching the crown,

I had only 900 to 1000 grafts implanted in the crown and at least 6000 grafts total implanted in third frontal and mid scalp with two different doctors , so exactly the same number you have given above so why I'm not able to achieve good density ?

You've been saying 5000 grafts in the front "third". Now it is 6000? Yes I did see the placement and I agree with Mav21300gunther. What I think might be your problem is that you keep saying 5000 grafts were transplanted (or 6000) but are you assuming all of the original 2500 in the front grew before Dr. Wong's work? It doesn't look like it to me.

You've been saying 5000 grafts in the front "third". Now it is 6000?

I said 5000 implanted in the front third and 6000 implanted in the frontal third and mid scalp. why do you keep misquoting and twisting what I wrote ?

This is exactly what I wrote

I had only 900 to 1000 grafts implanted in the crown and at least 6000 grafts total implanted in third frontal and mid scalp with two different doctors ,

Edited by BaldPatient2

but are you assuming all of the original 2500 in the front grew before Dr. Wong's work? It doesn't look like it to me.

This is my pre-op picture of last year , you can see clearly that there was some coverage before Dr. Wong's work? and he didn't work on a bare scalp

Beforefront2.jpg.9f74586dd0a62a560501e48dbbded230.jpg

Hope you still end up seeing up improvement, even if it's getting a bit late for more hairs to grow.

Did your recipient area have any noticeable scarring or discoloration from the original surgery? Or was it basically 100% healed normal skin?

• 3 months later...

I just had another surgery with Dr Wong today to add more density. He was able to pull 2583 Grafts.

Doug could update this thread with 10 months results of previous surgery taken just before today's surgery.

Edited by BaldPatient2

It's already 7 month, and I know this is close to final results because I haven't seen any improvement since last month , so I don't expect huge changes in the next few months. Even Dr Wong admitted that any future growth will be minimal past this stage

Join the club my friend. My transplant from Hasson & Wong is a complete failure as well.

I'm at 9 months in case you're wondering

I just had another surgery with Dr Wong today to add more density. He was able to pull 2583 Grafts.

Doug could update this thread with 10 months results from previous surgery taken just before today's surgery.

Why would you deplete your donor area more?

Have you ever even tried finastiride?

Without fin, you';re basically never going to be pleased with the density in your hairline

Why would you deplete your donor area more?

Have you ever even tried finastiride?

Without fin, you';re basically never going to be pleased with the density in your hairline

I already declined Propecia because of the side effects and not going to argue anymore about my decision. Still waiting for Doug to update this thread with pre- second-surgery photos taken last week.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread.

BaldPatient could you share some pictures from the 2nd procedure w/ dr wong with us? Really hope things turned out well for you.

Or Doug could you post some photos since the patient has given his consent and we should be at the full 12 month mark of the 2nd procedure due to old nature of this thread.

• 11 months later...