2931 hairline grafts by Dr Bhatti - HT journey starting June 2016

@akdjrd , I am planning to post updates when I'm at 2 months post op (1 more week to go). Regarding growth, I've actually shed more than what has grown so I guess I'm officially at the peak of the infamous "ugly duckling" stage :) . But I can see many of the hair that I had shed starting to grow again. I shall post some pics and give a better update after a week. Anything you specifically want to know more about?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr. Starscream,

Thank you for your update. Your progress looks good and I am pleased to know you are experiencing early growth. Your "ugly duckling" stage will continue for only one month more, plus or minus a week, and then you should be passed and on your way to your final result. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

@akdjrd , I am planning to post updates when I'm at 2 months post op (1 more week to go). Regarding growth, I've actually shed more than what has grown so I guess I'm officially at the peak of the infamous "ugly duckling" stage :) . But I can see many of the hair that I had shed starting to grow again. I shall post some pics and give a better update after a week. Anything you specifically want to know more about?

Yes, I wanted to see progress week over week after 1 month. As i have scheduled my appointment with Dr. Bhatti in December with 1 month leave. I am concerned about returning back to work. As in lot of cases I have seen red marks at the recipient area. I know results vary case by case but just want to envision how my hairline will possibly look week by week?

Also, how was your experience post 1 month mark? Did anyone notice about your change or specifically were you able go in public without covering hairline?

Just crossed the 2 months milestone of this crazy journey. I've realized that the worst part starts after the first month. After 1 month, I shed most of the planted hair but some still remained on the scalp and grew along with the other hair. Since the last 2 weeks, I can see a lot of new hair coming out from beneath the skin as you can see in the pics below. Also, I've been noticing some pimples here and there (maybe one or two at a time). I'm applying an ointment to deal with the pimples as advised by Dr. Bhatti whenever I see such pimples. Dr. Bhatti has been promptly responding to each and every email that I've been sending him which is a huge help at times of doubt and distress during this ugly duckling period. There is still some redness along the hairline as you can see in the pics, but I'm not really bothered by it. The ugly duckling phase isn't affecting me as bad I had expected. Maybe that's because I can wear a hat when I have to go to work. Will someone be able to detect an HT looking at my hairline at this point? There is a good chance if the person knows about HTs and if they look close, but otherwise it looks like a balding scalp with some pimples.

The donor area is totally undetectable now. My wife closely inspected the scalp at the donor area and she said she absolutely cannot make out any difference between the skin at the donor area and the rest of the scalp.

Check out the pics below to see how everything looks at the moment :

2months_recipient_left.jpg

2months_recipient_right.jpg

2months_recipient_front.jpg

2months_donor.jpg

upload photos

• 5 weeks later...

Today marks 3 months post op. Slowly, very slowly, hairs are starting to come out. I can see numerous tiny extremely thin hairs sprouting. The new hairs that have come out last month or so have not grown long, they are still extremely short, it's as if they decided to come out and grow but suddenly changed their mind and went to sleep again soon after they came out :) Some pimples have come and gone, leaving some marks - which I'm not really bothered about. Still no cosmetic change to report, I am still in the ugly duckling phase.

I'm continuing to take fin 1mg and biotin. Applying minox 5%.

Here are some photos:

IMAG2958.jpg

IMAG2959.jpg

IMAG2960.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

@akdjrd

Soon after I crossed 3 months mark, many hairs started sprouting all over the planted area. They're definitely growing, but nowhere close to making a cosmetic improvement yet since most hairs are short and very thin. I am expecting things to start to thicken up after 4 months as more hairs come out and the existing ones start to thicken. Regarding pictures, I'll update this thread when I hit 4th month milestone (that'll be one more week from today).

• 5 weeks later...

At 5 months now. I can definitely see some growth, but I feel things are moving very slowly and not as fast as I had hoped for since month 4. I guess I am a slow grower? On the bright side, the temples have had some good growth and several new hairs are coming out all over. The hairline is still kinda sparse and I trimmed it down a couple of weeks back just to make it look presentable because of family get-togethers etc. So if you notice that the length of the hair at the hairline is shorter than at the 4th month, that's the reason. Am I looking okay for 5 months? What do you guys think?

IMAG2997.jpg

IMAG3000.jpg

IMAG3002.jpg

IMAG3003.jpg

I'll be honest with you and say that you will get coverage, but I doubt you'll get the density you desire from just the one pass. It is my personal opinion that the doctor you chose does not pack grafts in anywhere near as densely as he should.

I am rooting for you, but I just feel he tried to spread the grafts a little too thin.

Tj287, thanks for the honest comment.

I'm definitely not looking for a sparse hairline and I had communicated my desire for enough density with the doctor during consultation. I am hoping that once the planted hair grow out, it will give the look of density even if it is not as dense as the remaining hair.Even though there have been multiple cases of poor results on this forum recently, there are many similar cases done by the doctor in the past with good end results, so I'm keeping my hopes high until I'm at a position to judge the outcome.

Tj287, thanks for the honest comment.

I'm definitely not looking for a sparse hairline and I had communicated my desire for enough density with the doctor during consultation. I am hoping that once the planted hair grow out, it will give the look of density even if it is not as dense as the remaining hair.Even though there have been multiple cases of poor results on this forum recently, there are many similar cases done by the doctor in the past with good end results, so I'm keeping my hopes high until I'm at a position to judge the outcome.

Like I said, I'm rooting for you! I've seen more bad examples recently, but I also have seen that he is capable of good work as well. I also hear his prices are pretty competitive. That being said, I wouldn't go to him myself. All the best and keep us updated.

Hi Starscream, as mentioned in our dialogue, I have had a close look at all your photos to date and the most important thing is that you are progressing month by month. Your latest pics show an improvement on your previous months with many new small hairs sprouting throughout the transplant area.

Its safe to say that you'll probably never beat me in a hair growing race but that probably applies to most on here.

Its still a waiting game, we are only at 5 months and there is still plenty of hope in achieving your desired result. Try to remain upbeat and as always feel free to PM/email/whatsapp me at any time.

Hi, its not matter of your happiness. If you see work of other surgeons in this forum, your density is low compared to their cases. I commented that frontal hairline zone at least 1 cm area , density is less. Lets see outcome.

frontal hairline zone at least 1 cm area -> does this mean, grafts placed in 1 cm distance to each other ?

Hi Shera .

greetings ,

I wanted to know if you have any loss of density after 14-18 months post your HT , as a few of my friends are having issues with loss of density in the Transplanted area after 14 months and they have till today not regained the Lost density , they were pretty happy with the results till around 14 months when they stated that their Transplanted hair was Loosing Thickness and looking thinner ,

Are you experiencing anything like this , pls inform .

Hi Shera .

greetings ,

I wanted to know if you have any loss of density after 14-18 months post your HT , as a few of my friends are having issues with loss of density in the Transplanted area after 14 months and they have till today not regained the Lost density , they were pretty happy with the results till around 14 months when they stated that their Transplanted hair was Loosing Thickness and looking thinner ,

Are you experiencing anything like this , pls inform .

Mikeey,

You've been banging on about this 14 month period for nearly a year now, for the record I didn't have any noticeable difference from my 12 month mark.

If you are really that concerned with transplants losing their initial impact after 14 months, why don't you just start a new thread and leave this one for Starscreams progress updates.

Edited by Shera

Mikeey,

You have already previously created a separate thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182301-hair-loss-one-year-after-hair-transplant.html

Not sure why you would ask the same questions in the middle of a Dr Bhatti progress thread, does it really have a relevance to Starscreams 5 month progress pics? I think not............

Mikeey,

You have already previously created a separate thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182301-hair-loss-one-year-after-hair-transplant.html

Not sure why you would ask the same questions in the middle of a Dr Bhatti progress thread, does it really have a relevance to Starscreams 5 month progress pics? I think not............

hey shera

No Need to be that Rude , I was just asking for your experience , if you cannot help the forum the please SHUT UP , we come here for opinions and help , guess you come here for something else.

if you feel so fed up with life , just back off , and stay warm in winters Buddy !

you are not worth a dime to offer any help I guess .

hey shera

No Need to be that Rude , I was just asking for your experience , if you cannot help the forum the please SHUT UP , we come here for opinions and help , guess you come here for something else.

if you feel so fed up with life , just back off , and stay warm in winters Buddy !

you are not worth a dime to offer any help I guess .

Mikeey,

That's just the type of reply I would expect from someone who has just been collared.

I try to help folk as much as I can on this forum, I do not discourage them and criticize their transplants from the start when they are most vulnerable and need positive encouragement. I do believe that this is wrong and certainly not favorable to a recent patients psyche.

You especially seem to be making a habit of posting unsupportive and disruptive posts on Dr Bhatti threads, you almost come across as a bitter twisted jilted ex girlfriend.

There are many other Drs' threads on this forum, why do you single out Dr Bhatti related threads?

Surely you can understand my concerns with this. Only last night I had a phonecall from a US patient who is worried that his upcoming procedure in December will only last for 14 months. This is a result of your post which had no relevance to this thread at all and no relevance to Dr Bhatti for that matter. In fact you have previously mentioned that your friend had his FUE done by the worlds renowned FUE surgeon who has recently moved to Madrid. So why not post your concerns on a thread related to that particular surgeon?

I do believe you posted in order to create negativity as your past posts indicate, maybe its you who needs to actively pursue a life away from a keyboard!

For your information I do have an eventful life outside this forum, I am here because it is part and parcel of what I now do. I enjoy supporting and helping others achieve their hair goals as some posters have proclaimed on this very forum.

I kindly ask that you withdraw from hijacking Starscreams thread, if you would like a frank discussion with me, feel free to start a new thread or PM me.

Mikeey,

That's just the type of reply I would expect from someone who has just been collared.

I try to help folk as much as I can on this forum, I do not discourage them and criticize their transplants from the start when they are most vulnerable and need positive encouragement. I do believe that this is wrong and certainly not favorable to a recent patients psyche.

You especially seem to be making a habit of posting unsupportive and disruptive posts on Dr Bhatti threads, you almost come across as a bitter twisted jilted ex girlfriend.

There are many other Drs' threads on this forum, why do you single out Dr Bhatti related threads?

Surely you can understand my concerns with this. Only last night I had a phonecall from a US patient who is worried that his upcoming procedure in December will only last for 14 months. This is a result of your post which had no relevance to this thread at all and no relevance to Dr Bhatti for that matter. In fact you have previously mentioned that your friend had his FUE done by the worlds renowned FUE surgeon who has recently moved to Madrid. So why not post your concerns on a thread related to that particular surgeon?

I do believe you posted in order to create negativity as your past posts indicate, maybe its you who needs to actively pursue a life away from a keyboard!

For your information I do have an eventful life outside this forum, I am here because it is part and parcel of what I now do. I enjoy supporting and helping others achieve their hair goals as some posters have proclaimed on this very forum.

I kindly ask that you withdraw from hijacking Starscreams thread, if you would like a frank discussion with me, feel free to start a new thread or PM me.

First and foremost I did not mention anything about the doctor or his work here , My question was straight and directed to you as you have been a FUE patient , here the dr was not even discussed , how and why you came to such conclusions only your mental arithmetic can possibly answer that call .

if asking someone a question is hijacking a Post then my dear friend you need to understand the tonality and the manner in which it is asked , I suppose Gentleman does not suit your ethics , I know you have a vested interest in supporting your doctor as you are his rep. But please do not make it so obvious that even a ant can suspect your motif ,

And BTW how does this jepodise the patients psyche , It was a general question regarding FUE , so you mean all the guys who were / are having / Planning FUE would be biting their brains in dismay ? Grow Up Dude !

Regarding a jilted ex gf , I don't think any girl would risk walking her life with a person who has No Gentlemanly qualities .