Fue in Turkey difficult choice

sivy28

Dear mikeyhwk,

Could you send me a PM with your email address? Please check your spam folder just in case a reply went there. We normally reply very fast, but send me your email address and we check it as well.

Kind regards,

nothing in email or spam yet but PM sent. Thanks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny that you two mentioned Dr. Oztan. I had a consultation with his clinic online and got the same impression. I like the conservative approach to taking grafts in smaller sessions. I was also trying to find more patient results posted on this forum. His results look great on his site. There are several doctors in his clinic. How do you know which one is providing the great results that are posted on the site?

From the reply I had asked who was doing it and they said Dr oztan and 2 other Drs he did name them they say they have been working like this since 8 years I think. I'm very tempted they seem the most ethical one I've had replys back off from the information I've gathered I take it manual fue is better results? They are doing my 2600 grafts over 2 days. They charge 2.7 euro per graft so still a lot cheaper than Belgium. The other Dr is Keser I'm interested in but at 3.5 euro too much for me

It is funny that you two mentioned Dr. Oztan. I had a consultation with his clinic online and got the same impression. I like the conservative approach to taking grafts in smaller sessions. I was also trying to find more patient results posted on this forum. His results look great on his site. There are several doctors in his clinic. How do you know which one is providing the great results that are posted on the site?

Hi roscopeeco78

How are you getting on with Dr Oztan.? Try searching for Dr Ozgur same surgeon I think.

They have given me an estimate of around 3000-3500 grafts over 3 consecutive days. The amount of grafts they have offered is consistent with three of the top clinics in Belgium. I have found a forum which has mainly reviews from main land Europe. I can't find a bad review concerning this clinic or Doctor just loads of positive reviews. I get the feeling most of there customers are from this part of the world.

Yes his name is ozgur oztan, the comms have been good they specifically said only Drs would be doing it Dr oztan and 2 others, out of all so far I've approached this is my favorite, I need to find the reviews on other sites though, the Belgium clinics will be 3 grand dearer for me I've considered Dr Bhatti but it needs more time due to the flights and also he uses motorized fue so not so keen. This is looking like my best option as for quality /cost location etc.

I considered Dr yaman but the poor comms and finding out the assistant does the grafts put me off although they did say he would do my extractions he was much cheaper but motorized fue though it does say modified eg slower. Not sure how much motorized v manual affects the results to be honest but from what I gather I've seen quite a few on here all happy in the first few months then disappointed at 12 months due to very little growth. All the top surgeons seem to use manual fue and they have more consistent results. I believe it's a gamble as obviously some have good results even with the motorized, but I'd rather minimize the risk, at the end of the day the motorized version was only developed for speed not quality

Yes his name is ozgur oztan, the comms have been good they specifically said only Drs would be doing it Dr oztan and 2 others, out of all so far I've approached this is my favorite, I need to find the reviews on other sites though, the Belgium clinics will be 3 grand dearer for me I've considered Dr Bhatti but it needs more time due to the flights and also he uses motorized fue so not so keen. This is looking like my best option as for quality /cost location etc.

I considered Dr yaman but the poor comms and finding out the assistant does the grafts put me off although they did say he would do my extractions he was much cheaper but motorized fue though it does say modified eg slower. Not sure how much motorized v manual affects the results to be honest but from what I gather I've seen quite a few on here all happy in the first few months then disappointed at 12 months due to very little growth. All the top surgeons seem to use manual fue and they have more consistent results. I believe it's a gamble as obviously some have good results even with the motorized, but I'd rather minimize the risk, at the end of the day the motorized version was only developed for speed not quality

I sent you a link for some Dr Oztan info via pm.

Dr Oztans approach has impressed a few of us, he's made my short list as well just behind a couple of the Belgian doctors but the price tag jump is significant to use the Belgians. For the savings and quality of work I dont think you can go wrong with Dr Oztan.

Re: Manual vs motorized, I am at a loss to this question myself. I am preferring to stay with manual drs as you mentioned they seem to have the better long term results but there are some like Dr Vories which unless I am mistaken use motorized and get great results so I wonder if its just a skilled surgeon vs a less skilled surgeon. Regardless until there is a definitive answer it is probably safest to go with what has produced the best results.

I think I am going to book in for October just need to check price as someone on here said they had been quoted 2.5 euro not 2.7 I'll go through the Italian forum thanks for the link.

Hasson and Wong have done quality fue work as well but I know they built their reputation early on with fut.

Why are they mentioned in FUE threads? Their record is strip and they have almost no FUE results.

Why are they mentioned in FUE threads? Their record is strip and they have almost no FUE results.

1. they do have FUE results...2, they were brought up by me because I was talking about MY search for drs and how they were in MY city and despite their reputation being built on FUT which we ALL touched on already that it would be silly not to consult with them given their proximity. They were not brought up as a recommendation for a FUE surgeon by anybody.

Sorry, friend. Didn't mean to offend. I said threadS, not just this thread.

no worries, no offense taken :) I just wanted to clarify why they were brought up, this wasn't like in some of the threads you may have seen where they got recommended for fue, it just came up innocently enough as one of the many names that crossed my path in my exhaustive search.

Just an update at the moment I think the hairline clinic is for me for what they offer eg all Dr's doing the work manual fue, experience price etc. Yes there are cheaper clinics but most are motorized and use techs. Yes there are other more well known surgeon's in Belgium etc but there's the big jump in cost. From what I've seen so far it looks like the best option. There seems to be a few not so happy results from the other surgeons mentioned, I know this can happen to any surgeon but it's difficult to tell if it's increased risk from motorized fue damage or other factors so to minimize all risks I'd rather go for what they have to offer for the price. I'm booking for October 7th and I'll feedback to this forum. So far comms have been good.

Sivy

Funny enough I thought that most quoted me 3000-3500 but Dr oztan quoted inline with the Belgium clinics 2200 - 2600 they're manual fue too so maybe that's it.

But the most important thing is not the number of grafts but the number of grafts that survive and grow hair

One thing that also the clinics will not mention is that sometimes when a multiple haired graft is placed , 1 of the hairs maybe transacted this hair will not be included in the overall transection rate ... Hence they can still boast for example a 98% growth rate , infact I'm pretty sure they will intentionally transect a 2 hair graft down to a single when there aren't enough singles on offer . I would definitely go for manual over motorised , I'll let you know what dr otzan offers .

He agreed to do mine for 2.5 euro per graft as per another on this forum. For what they offer it seems like the best deal. But like all things until you try you never know. Transportation from airport clinic is free and they charge 40 euros for a room in their clinic. Their results look good but most of their feedback seems to be on Italian or German forums. Any operation is a risk so nothing is guaranteed, you have to make the best choice possible and hope you get what you have researched for. I agree that from my research at the moment the best surgeons tend to be manual, I mean if motorized was as good due to the speed and patient thru put they would all be using it. I'm not saying people haven't had a good result from motorized I just think there is more risk of the grafts being damaged and not growing so having a poorer result. But everyone has to make their own mind up

He agreed to do mine for 2.5 euro per graft as per another on this forum. For what they offer it seems like the best deal. But like all things until you try you never know. Transportation from airport clinic is free and they charge 40 euros for a room in their clinic. Their results look good but most of their feedback seems to be on Italian or German forums. Any operation is a risk so nothing is guaranteed, you have to make the best choice possible and hope you get what you have researched for. I agree that from my research at the moment the best surgeons tend to be manual, I mean if motorized was as good due to the speed and patient thru put they would all be using it. I'm not saying people haven't had a good result from motorized I just think there is more risk of the grafts being damaged and not growing so having a poorer result. But everyone has to make their own mind up

out of curiosity, how many grafts did he quote you, I am wondering if the lower price is because of the higher overall grafts or just a rate you guys got. I was quoted 2.7 per graft which isn't dramatically higher but savings are savings... he thinks I need at most 2k grafts.

Mikeyhawk I mentioned I was a member on here and that I would share my experience and they were happy to do it at that price I was quoted for 2200 - 2600 grafts

Hairynorwood have you a link to Dr de reys, I didn't find him when I looked at Belgium