Fue in Turkey difficult choice

sivy28

Hi all I am 50 and have a norwood 3 which seems to have slowed the last 10 years , i have a good donor site so i am interested in a fue. Im in the uk and the prices here are astronomical ,which im sure dosnt always equate to better results. Ive chosen turkey for price and locality but choosing the right surgeon is challenging. Ive approached quite a few and had feedback , i know most will recommend erdogan , dognay but they almost are as expensive as the uk. Im not looking for cheap clinics where techs do everything im aiming for value for money with a decent mid priced surgeon. so far ive nailed it down to

1. dr yaman seems to hav good results but whats put me off islack of communication , very slow response so post op would be worrying.

2. dr demisroy , again seems to have good results on here hes a bit more expensive but so far good comms

3. dr oguzoglu seems to have good reviews away from this site not sure though?

all these doctors all seem to offer to do a percentage of the extractions , all the incisions and the rest of the stuff like design , anaesthetics etc.

now im not sure how much more the more expensive surgeons do in the way of techs but if anyone has any help/advice they can give or have any other suggestions for surgeons then id be very grateful . but i do realise its a minefield.

sivy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erdogan more expensive because suggesting more grafts? If it were me, I'd save more $ if I were in your shoes.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

If you make cost your overriding factor you could live to regret it. When it comes to HT's, if you are going to do it, it is all about giving yourself the best chance of a good result....therefore a top surgeon.

You cant put a price on a good result, but I hope you never experience the pain of a bad result.

Hi Sivy,

I am in a similar position to you in terms of seeking a doctor. Have you been given an estimation of number of grafts? I found this can vary quite a bit from doctor to doctor which I assume is to do with their FUE protocol.

I don't know about dr oguzoglu. Everything I read about Dr Demisroy indicates he is highly ethical which for me is important. I am seriously considering him or Dr Yaman. You will require far less grafts than me, I feel both of these doctors are very capable.

well the top one ernie mentioned quoted 8000 uk for 3500 grafts the next expensive is d same number for 5000 uk then it gets to the others they say around 3000 grafts for between 1800 cheapest (all tech work) to 2500 -2800 for the other drs who say they do all the incisions techs do some extraction and implants but then the top money guys do this too i believe whilst I do agree that the surgeon makes a big difference I do not believe that it everything . Ive worked in surgery for 27 years and worked with many different consultants, some perform better than others but other factors come into play like how the patient heals , how the body reacts to the surgical trauma , everyone is different hence different experiences. so a surgeon doing the same procedure i do wonder if it really warrants the money at the top end of the scale ? . I definitely would not go to a tech clinic or the cheapest place , but i would consider a cheaper surgeon , with good results , and ethics. But there lies the problem getting honest reviews and feedback because even forums have there motives and some reviewers are on an agenda , its hard work . super dudeo dr oguzoglu has brilliant results outside of this forum only uses manual punch , and max of 1500 grafts per day with all drs but he is 2.7 euro per graft but maybe worth it . yaman and demisroy im keenly keeping an eye on demisroys clinic has responded better so far but should you judge just on that , i dont think so. let me know how you get on we can share thoughts, sivy

I am having the same dilemma. I've got 2 front runners but a few remain as options. Dr Erdogan because his reputation speaks for itself. Dr Oztan who I didn't know much about as he doesn't seem to be on the english speaking forums too often but his work is great and seems big in the non english forums but he is at 2.7 euro per graft, so slightly higher than Erdogan. Those are my 2 front runners based on work Id seen and rep from here and elsewhere. Then I have Dr Karadeniz who I thought highly of but has since disappeared from the forums for whatever reason so I am a little nervous about him. I am still waiting on response from Yaman its been a few days. Dr Demisroys work just hasn't impressed me in the same way as the others but I am still trying to find more of his work to compare. Ive never heard of Dr. oguzoglu so I will have to look him up.

I am having the same dilemma. I've got 2 front runners but a few remain as options. Dr Erdogan because his reputation speaks for itself. Dr Oztan who I didn't know much about as he doesn't seem to be on the english speaking forums too often but his work is great and seems big in the non english forums but he is at 2.7 euro per graft, so slightly higher than Erdogan. Those are my 2 front runners based on work Id seen and rep from here and elsewhere. Then I have Dr Karadeniz who I thought highly of but has since disappeared from the forums for whatever reason so I am a little nervous about him. I am still waiting on response from Yaman its been a few days. Dr Demisroys work just hasn't impressed me in the same way as the others but I am still trying to find more of his work to compare. Ive never heard of Dr. oguzoglu so I will have to look him up.

Dr Karadeniz may be absent but he can be found elsewhere and lots of examples of his work. He was recommended on here and didn't continue.

Personally if you're talking prices of 2.7 euro per graft then I'd rather just go to Belgium.

Dr Karadeniz may be absent but he can be found elsewhere and lots of examples of his work. He was recommended on here and didn't continue.

Personally if you're talking prices of 2.7 euro per graft then I'd rather just go to Belgium.

Re: Dr Karadeniz, I have seen lots of his work and thought he was quite good and for his price was very reasonable. I only got hesitant since he stopped on a couple forums so I was wondering if there were issues with clients/members or what would make him leave places where so many people go for feedback. It was initially his posting here and other places that made me look at him as he was so accessible and helpful.

I honestly didnt even look at Belgium as I thought the price was significantly higher but I just looked and you are right we're heading into the same ballpark now.

That's the thing when you get to a certain price bracket then turkeys out may as well have a shorter flight to Belgium. The only thing at the moment stopping me booking with yaman is the poor response from them, it doesn't instill confidence

You are right my mistake I've looked up so many I got mixed up with the names it's Dr oztan I was talking about does it all by manual punch, very ethical clinic but expensive

Sivy

At last I have finally found a discussion about Dr Oztan. Am too thinking of using Dr Oztan. His results look very good. I love the fact that he only does around 1500 grafts max per day.

I am a NW5 and need a complete new hairline, which definitely concerns me the most. I have been told I have very good donor hair by two other surgeons, one being Dr Erdogan who I met with in London last week.

I completed an online consultation with FUE Hairline Clinic Turkey | (Dr Oztan) on 16/05/16 and received a reply last night (20/05/16) They have suggested between 3000-3500 grafts over 3 consecutive days to rebuild the hairline and a second procedure 12 months later to tackle the crown. Dr Erdogan estimated between 5000-5500 grafts to cover my frontal zone and crown over 2 consecutive days. I found 5000-5500 to be a lot of extractions over 2 days.

I really like the idea of having 3000 grafts over 3 days this suggest to me they will take their time and just concentrate on the 1000 grafts each day.

Saying all that, I find myself at cross roads once again. I can't find any reviews or experiences people have had with Dr Oztan or his clinic http://www.fue-hlc.com/en which concerns me slightly. I know some of you guys have mentioned he has a great reputation on the foreign forums but am not sure where to look.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

At last I have finally found a discussion about Dr Oztan. Am too thinking of using Dr Oztan. His results look very good. I love the fact that he only does around 1500 grafts max per day.

I am a NW5 and need a complete new hairline, which definitely concerns me the most. I have been told I have very good donor hair by two other surgeons, one being Dr Erdogan who I met with in London last week.

I completed an online consultation with FUE Hairline Clinic Turkey | (Dr Oztan) on 16/05/16 and received a reply last night (20/05/16) They have suggested between 3000-3500 grafts over 3 consecutive days to rebuild the hairline and a second procedure 12 months later to tackle the crown. Dr Erdogan estimated between 5000-5500 grafts to cover my frontal zone and crown over 2 consecutive days. I found 5000-5500 to be a lot of extractions over 2 days.

I really like the idea of having 3000 grafts over 3 days this suggest to me they will take their time and just concentrate on the 1000 grafts each day.

Saying all that, I find myself at cross roads once again. I can't find any reviews or experiences people have had with Dr Oztan or his clinic FUE Hairline Clinic Turkey | which concerns me slightly. I know some of you guys have mentioned he has a great reputation on the foreign forums but am not sure where to look.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Everything points to Dr Oztan being excellent, his FUE protocol - everything. But you're right, I cannot find much of his work to analyse.

For me, the purpose for going to Turkey is to get a better price. If I were to consider a price level of Dr Oztan then I would just go to Belgium where their work is more documented and proven.

I have checked out most of the clinics in Belgium they charge around 3-6 euros per graft. I have been quoted 2.5 euros per graft from Dr Oztan.

DWH, I sent you a link to check out dr Oztans work on another forum.

I have started messaging the Belgian top surgeons and 2.7 does start treading me into their direction but it's still cheaper overall. Only one I found that is right there with that is DeReyes. Bisanaga and Feriduni are over double and haven't found prices from Lupunzula yet. Mwambas prices are a little more flexible, if you share your picture discount, if you use pcid discount but you can get it down to 3.4 per graft but no idea if pcid is as good a method vs manual, need to research that and I haven't looked into his work as I have Bisanaga, Feriduni or DeReyes. Have not heard from any of them yet re: consultations. I also looked at Dr Bhatti in India out of curiousity and his prices are very fair 1.5 euro per graft and reviews are very good, and he replied to consultation over night. I will be looking into Dr Bhattis work more, if anybody has any opinions I'd love to hear them. Consensus has been around 2k grafts for the work I want done, Erdogan was higher started at 2500 grafts, Oztan, Karadeniz both said 2k while Bhatti was way lower saying between 1500-1800 not sure which ones are right. Dr Bhatti being in India would have exerience with Indian hair which I have so I don't know if he has any more special insight into what I'd need. I guess i'll wait on more consults to roll in and see what others have to say.

Edited by mikeyhwk

Cheers Mikeyhwk. I have had a response from some of the surgeons in Belgium. I will let you know what they said. What are your thoughts on Dr Oztan?

Cheers Mikeyhwk. I have had a response from some of the surgeons in Belgium. I will let you know what they said. What are your thoughts on Dr Oztan?

I am very impressed with his work, he seems to get consistent quality results and the feedback from clients on that forum read as very happy with him. In Turkey I would put him at the top of the line from what I've seen so far. His approach is also very impressive, the mega session guys worry me. As I said I have been quoted on average about needing 2k grafts, he is the only doc so far to say I would need multiple days, some have said I would need a half day tops. That says something to me, it's quality over maximizing people in the door.

Absolutely agree, it is quality over maximising body's through the door. That's why I am genuinely considering this doctor even over the surgeons from Belgium. When are you thinking of having your procedure done?

He is definitely a front runner for me as well. The drs from Belgium I have just begun to question so I don't know which way I'll go yet. As for when, it really is just a matter of picking a doctor and I'm ready. I am an impatient sort so once I made the decision to get work done I wanted it done asap so just the process of doing my due diligence has been painful lol. Once I hear from the Belgian drs I will make a choice and book for as soon as possible. How about you?

I have been researching surgeons for over 12 months now. I keep changing my mind. My first choice was Dr lorenzo amazing results, just a little concerned about his hairlines. Because I am completely bald in my frontal zone hairlines are top of my wish list.

Dr. Bisanga is high on my list of surgeons.He has loads of great reviews. He charges 5 euros for the first 1000 grafts and then 3 euros per graft.

Regarding Dr Oztan I just really like the idea of 3000 grafts in 3 days. Plus 2.5 euros per graft.I just wish I could visit all the surgeons on my list for a consultation.

I am looking to have my procedure in December. I will keep researching until then.We only really get one shot at this.

I have been researching surgeons for over 12 months now. I keep changing my mind. My first choice was Dr lorenzo amazing results, just a little concerned about his hairlines. Because I am completely bald in my frontal zone hairlines are top of my wish list.

Dr. Bisanga is high on my list of surgeons.He has loads of great reviews. He charges 5 euros for the first 1000 grafts and then 3 euros per graft.

Regarding Dr Oztan I just really like the idea of 3000 grafts in 3 days. Plus 2.5 euros per graft.I just wish I could visit all the surgeons on my list for a consultation.

I am looking to have my procedure in December. I will keep researching until then.We only really get one shot at this.

Dr Lorenzo was my first choice as well but his hairlines was what made me dig deeper as well. The rest of my hair is intact, I've just always had a crooked hair line that wasn't as dense as I wanted. I always wanted to have that corrected but over the last couple years the temples have receded enough to make it worthwhile to get it done now. His work is outstanding, if I had more overall loss than just hairline I would be with him no question in my mind but I thought since I'm doing just the hairline I wanted to be a little more aggressive than what I've seen in his work. That led me to Rahal as his hairlines were great but he wants my future first born as payment lol. From there I went down the rabbit hole and ended up searching every doctor in every corner of the planet. Oddly enough I had it in my head that the Brussels docs would be the highest priced outside of the US and UK so I didn't even bother to look there until this thread so I know I need to slow myself down and really keep researching this. Hasson and Wong are in my backyard, same city so they make the most sense but I've gotten very annoyed with their office tho I'm trying not to hold it against them. I got an appt thru my dermatologist and got there to find out I was going to consult with some other doctor, I said no thanks schedule me with with one of Hasson or Wong, I got an appt for a couple weeks later and then that was cancelled on me a couple days before so I'm still waiting to get in and they're a 20 minute drive from me. I could get across the world and see most of these doctors before I'd get into the one down the street lol. I'm trying not to skimp, id pay more if the results were worth it but it would be nice to get some value. If I can get top service and save some, I could find other uses for that money.

I wonder how many guys like us have gone down that same rabbit hole. I find the whole thing unbelievably frustrating. I can echo your thoughts on finding the right surgeon over cost. I too was looking at Hasson and Wong the trouble was they specialize in FUT and not FUE and for me it has to be FUE with manual extraction.

I live in the UK so Belgium would be ideal for me. At the moment I have three surgeon on my list.

* Dr. Bisanga (Belgium) Loads of great results, great reviews 5-3 euros per graft

* Dr Oztan (Turkey) Great results, (need to find more reviews). 2.5 euros per graft

* Dr Lorenzo (Spain) unbelievable results, great reviews, (concerned over his hairlines) 6-3 euros per graft

I would be happy to message you my email address so we can keep in touch.

I wonder how many guys like us have gone down that same rabbit hole. I find the whole thing unbelievably frustrating. I can echo your thoughts on finding the right surgeon over cost. I too was looking at Hasson and Wong the trouble was they specialize in FUT and not FUE and for me it has to be FUE with manual extraction.

I live in the UK so Belgium would be ideal for me. At the moment I have three surgeon on my list.

* Dr. Bisanga (Belgium) Loads of great results, great reviews 5-3 euros per graft

* Dr Oztan (Turkey) Great results, (need to find more reviews). 2.5 euros per graft

* Dr Lorenzo (Spain) unbelievable results, great reviews, (concerned over his hairlines) 6-3 euros per graft

I would be happy to message you my email address so we can keep in touch.

I think that rabbit holes taken down a great number of us. Then you end up with analysis paralysis, I don't think we're going to go wrong with any of the options we're considering but we nitpick to the point we don't make any decisions and just keep the search alive lol If I had went off my first inclination and gone with Dr Lorenzo id probably have 2 months worth of growth by now and be extremely ecstatic instead I've added upto 6 names onto the list with him and frustrated myself lol

You're lucky your dollar gives you an advantage, with the Canadian dollar I'm getting hit a little harder with the exchange but it is what it is. Hasson and Wong have done quality fue work as well but I know they built their reputation early on with fut. Being so close I think id be doing myself a disservice if I dont at least consult with them. I think once I hear from the Belgians and do the H&W consult the picture should clear up for me a lot and I can start mass eliminating lol.

I'll drop you a pm with email addy, for sure lets keep in touch! Lets time our surgeries right and try to get a small group discount lol

I have started messaging the Belgian top surgeons and 2.7 does start treading me into their direction but it's still cheaper overall. Only one I found that is right there with that is DeReyes. Bisanaga and Feriduni are over double and haven't found prices from Lupunzula yet. Mwambas prices are a little more flexible, if you share your picture discount, if you use pcid discount but you can get it down to 3.4 per graft but no idea if pcid is as good a method vs manual, need to research that and I haven't looked into his work as I have Bisanaga, Feriduni or DeReyes. Have not heard from any of them yet re: consultations. I also looked at Dr Bhatti in India out of curiousity and his prices are very fair 1.5 euro per graft and reviews are very good, and he replied to consultation over night. I will be looking into Dr Bhattis work more, if anybody has any opinions I'd love to hear them. Consensus has been around 2k grafts for the work I want done, Erdogan was higher started at 2500 grafts, Oztan, Karadeniz both said 2k while Bhatti was way lower saying between 1500-1800 not sure which ones are right. Dr Bhatti being in India would have exerience with Indian hair which I have so I don't know if he has any more special insight into what I'd need. I guess i'll wait on more consults to roll in and see what others have to say.

Hi mikeyhwk,

I wish you all the best with your research. Choosing the right HT Surgeon is extremely important and that should involve extensive research and due diligence.

I just wanted to add a couple of comments here regarding Dr. Bhatti (since you have mentioned him in your post).

1. Price per graft (FUE) is INR 89= USD 1.32= 1.18 Euros

2. More than half of Dr. Bhatti Patients come from outside of India....mostly Europe and North America. These Patients include Patients of Indian origin, Caucasians, African Americans and Asians.....

You seem to be on the right track for your research. Even though the price point is important, it should not be the first and the only reason for choosing an HT Surgeon.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Dear mikeyhwk,

Could you send me a PM with your email address? Please check your spam folder just in case a reply went there. We normally reply very fast, but send me your email address and we check it as well.

Kind regards,

Hi mikeyhwk,

Just to let you know I have had great coms from BHR very fast. They even responded on a Sunday. Looking good pal. I will email you in the week.