Lebron James had a transplant right?

I seen some still active boxers suddenly get hair when before they had a lot lost.

In sports people hair loss makes them look more older and people start talking retirement, he is too old etc

Wonder how much it can impact on a career ?

• 1 month later...

Seems so strange whenever a celebrity, entertainer or famous athlete for that matter gets a transplant to make them look better, it gets a negative response from the media or people in general.

I have seen lots of celebrities with some work done but they tend to deny the fact. People get caps for their teeth, nose jobs or some kind of augmentation to improve their looks but if it's hair...oh no! There's something wrong with that guy..."he's vain and he should just embrace it like a real man and be secure with his baldness" is the usual response.

Why do you think LJ had a procedure? Probably because he was sick and tired of the people making fun of his hairline plus it seemed like that was always the topic of conversation, rather than his athletic achievements. I say if Lebron or anyone for that matter wants to have more hair then that's their decision.

Strangely, for a few years, he was made fun of for his receding hairline and now that it's been fixed he's still under fire. What gives?

I have seen lots of celebrities with some work done but they tend to deny the fact. People get caps for their teeth, nose jobs or some kind of augmentation to improve their looks but if it's hair...oh no! There's something wrong with that guy..."he's vain and he should just embrace it like a real man and be secure with his baldness" is the usual response

Whenever I hear some guys say that I quietly wish they too would go bald so they can experience what its like. My guess is they'll suddenly change their tune when the hair starts falling out and run to the nearest HT clinic

Seems so strange whenever a celebrity, entertainer or famous athlete for that matter gets a transplant to make them look better, it gets a negative response from the media or people in general.

Here is an entire website dedicated to Celebrity balding

Celebrity Hair Loss: Game 6 Photos Show LeBron James Had a Hair Transplant

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

That scar can be easily be fixed with an FUE procedure. But why is it so short and on one side of his head? Does anyone remember last year's final when he ran into the cameraman's camera and it cut his scalp? Is it possible this scar is the aftermath of that collision with the camera?

The reason I question this scar is normally an FUT scar runs from ear to ear am I correct? Just saying its a possibility.

Check this link:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/watch-lebron-cuts-head-on-camera-starts-bleeding-in-game-4/

Edited by Qneedhair

I think LBJ was not looking to have the whole back of his head scarred like a typical HT patient because he keeps his hair shorter. I don't think finasteride is allowed in the NBA so he will most likely keep progressing. I wonder how many grafts that strip scar could yield in his case? Maybe he had additional FUE

1) I noticed a hairless line behind his head (it was much higher than where the normal eel-shaped slice would have been taken out. So I'm not sure if it was FUT or FUE.

2) his hair which was receding is now uniform density. It looks very good.

These 2 points made me conclude Lebron has recently had his hair restored.

Now, I found this video which confirms it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwQzNb1Gozk

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

I've never investigated Lebron's hair restoration too thoroughly, but I do have patients ask what he did during consultations all the time.

While he may have done something, I'm not convinced the scar seen on the side of his head in those shots is an FUT incision line. It looks too low and the direction of the line itself is off.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.