red flags or not

what would you consider as a red flag that a prospective patient should look out for..

I think the 1st one should be if the doctor is actually doing the procedure ie hairline, creating the holes for the hair in the recipient area and doing the extractions him/herself. my self I think there the most important steps one should know about when looking for the right clinic. and if the doctor or rep skates around these questions that's a red flag.

other red flags could be:-

2) bad communication.

3) price(could be a red flag but that's not to say price is everything).

4)tools that a doctor uses ie motorised vs manual.

5) if the doctor has a good reputation or not.

let me know what you think is a red flag that we should look out for.

There are quite a lot Wwizzkkidd24. I think there is a thread somewhere which gives a list of questions to ask a surgeon in the consultation.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

The consistency in producing aesthetically pleasing results is crucial, but continuity and experience of the surgical staff as a whole are by far the most important items to verify on a pre-op and consultation checklist.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I would want to know how involved is the Dr in each step of the procedure.

How many transplants per day and/or week is preformed by that Dr.

Maybe I'm overly cautious but I've always been leary of clinics that offer every cosmetic procedure under the sun while performing hair transplants regardless the participation of the doctor. I once got a hair transplant where they were also doing regular hair cuts, nails, and spa treatments right down the hall.

Needless to say the result spoke for itself.

thanks guys. would a doctor or rep skating round the fact that there not recommended by this site anymore a red flag.

because I was just speaking with a doctors rep and asked him why he's not on here anymore he's reply was I'm sorry we cannot help you further with this and we wish you the best in finding another surgeon.

thanks guys. would a doctor or rep skating round the fact that there not recommended by this site anymore a red flag.

because I was just speaking with a doctors rep and asked him why he's not on here anymore he's reply was I'm sorry we cannot help you further with this and we wish you the best in finding another surgeon.

I wouldn't consider a surgeon not being recommended by any particular site to be a red flag . There may well be valid reasons for this .

However , a response like the one above would definately be a no-no.

Yeah, the only 2 questions i asked was can i see more patient photos and he directed me to patients I've already seen a while back when I 1st got in contact with him.so I asked for some more and hes response was there the only ones we have at this moment. bit odd but ok so I replied I thought he transplanted well over a million grafts so he must have more photos he could direct me to.he said well the thing is that patients simply don't want to take pictures during or after the procedure so there the best ones they have right now. 8 pictures i saw i thought ok fair enough I respect people's privacy. then I asked why he's not on this site anymore and he gave me that response.

to be honest it probably wouldn't of deterred me from going with him if he gave me a reasonable excuse but the fact he fobbed me with that response says something to me.

Any doctor worth considering should have dozens if not hundreds of befores and afters, no excuses. There are plenty of patients willing to show their transplants either with photos or video, often even revealing their identity. Do you know for a fact he was represented here or is that just what he told you????

Hard to believe if he was ever here he doesn't have at least a few dozen good results to showcase.

Yeah exactly it's all odd to me. Yeah he was recommended on this site for a bit(that should be a clue)I'm sure long term lurkers could probably work out who I'm on about. the sad thing is I've been recommending him to people as well manly because of hes protocol and how he goes about things from the procedure side itself but for him to fob me off just for asking a question seems wrong to me.

Hello Mr. Wwiizzkkiidd24,

You have received some very well thought out answers to your question about red flags. I believe that there are some basic questions you should ask and if these answers are suitable to you then it comes down to your comfort level.

I do believe that you should seek out a doctor that performs the procedure himself. Cutting the skin is surgery especially when you are cutting the skin thousands of times. The overall impact to dermal tissue compounds and if not performed correctly it can lead to a host of post-operative complications.

I also believe that communication should be open and frequent. If the patient has concerns they should have direct access to the doctor so there is no misinterpretation by a third party. Basic information relay is fine for assistants and office staff but you should be able to get the important answers from the doctor.

It was mentioned that a list of results should play a factor and this is of paramount importance. Do not rely on small bodies of work as this indicates either an unfavourable surgical record or a lack of experience. Obviously, why would one consider a doctor if there is not a sizable body of evidence to represent the skills and artistry?

Price of course is a factor but should not be deciding factor up front. Find the doctors that do work you find attractive and then work your way through each till you find the one you like and can also afford.

Hello Mr. Wwiizzkkiidd24,

You have received some very well thought out answers to your question about red flags. I believe that there are some basic questions you should ask and if these answers are suitable to you then it comes down to your comfort level.

I do believe that you should seek out a doctor that performs the procedure himself. Cutting the skin is surgery especially when you are cutting the skin thousands of times. The overall impact to dermal tissue compounds and if not performed correctly it can lead to a host of post-operative complications.

I also believe that communication should be open and frequent. If the patient has concerns they should have direct access to the doctor so there is no misinterpretation by a third party. Basic information relay is fine for assistants and office staff but you should be able to get the important answers from the doctor.

It was mentioned that a list of results should play a factor and this is of paramount importance. Do not rely on small bodies of work as this indicates either an unfavourable surgical record or a lack of experience. Obviously, why would one consider a doctor if there is not a sizable body of evidence to represent the skills and artistry?

Price of course is a factor but should not be deciding factor up front. Find the doctors that do work you find attractive and then work your way through each till you find the one you like and can also afford.

Thanks for your reply doc I hear what you're saying. although I thought I did do my research and it seemed fitting that I'd go to this clinic not far from the UK and reasonable price as well but that question he couldn't answer obviously left him with a bitter taste so he told he's rep to say find another surgeon. Oh well it's all experience aye I live and learn.

and esrec your spot on mate.

Mr. Hairebrained,

Thank you for your kind words.

Mr. Wwiizzkkiidd24,

This is unfortunate but you must feel comfortable with whomever you choose for your surgery so if you feel you observed warning signs then, with all due respect to the doctor, you should listen to your instincts. I wish you well in your journey.

Mr. Wwiizzkkiidd24,

I am only too glad to help you make the correct decision for yourself regardless of where it may lead. Not all roads lead to India of course, as there are wonderful options throughout the world. My door is always open should you ever have more questions and if you do decide to consider India I can provide you with the contact information for several patients of mine that made the journey from the UK. It is long but really quite enjoyable once you arrive, if I do say so myself:)

thank you doctor bhatti i really appreciate it. I do actually have some friends who live in India and they say I must come over to see them sometime it's a beautiful country. I had a quick look on your website and see 2 Caucasian ones could you direct me to a few more please. I know David the moderator had one done with you and he seems very happy with the outcome. maybe pm me or something. thank you.

Can you give the name of the surgeon? If not then the country he works from as there are 2 I know of who recently had their recommendation cancelled.

Hi Wwiizzkkiidd24,

I have sent quite a few patients over to India to see Dr Bhatti. If you wish I can send you their details so you can get a feel for the experience they all went through.

Just PM me and I'll take it from there.

Cheers