Pic of my CROWN area. Around how many FUE grafts needed?

1500 won't do much. If you cherry pick via fue all 3s and 2 hair grafts it might do a little more but you'd be using up a good junk of your FUE donor reserve. You have a bigger issue that the front may also be a little weak. You would likely need 3,000 in the crush and mid scalp depending on your head size. You also based on your level may be a way better candidate for strip in the long run due to your current level of loss. More pictures of front are needed.

1500 won't do much. If you cherry pick via fue all 3s and 2 hair grafts it might do a little more but you'd be using up a good junk of your FUE donor reserve. You have a bigger issue that the front may also be a little weak. You would likely need 3,000 in the crush and mid scalp depending on your head size. You also based on your level may be a way better candidate for strip in the long run due to your current level of loss. More pictures of front are needed.

I actually had two FUT surgeries, on in 08, and the other two days ago. But all grafts this time around were put in the front, 2379, by Dr Dorin in NYC.

It's my understanding I can go ahead and do a FUE procedure in my crown area in as little as 30 days now.

20160408_144251.thumb.jpg.33329b591613ce556a97ea58fa995d0b.jpg

• Like 1

You need to wait a year since you just had a procedure. No way I would waste precious grafts in the crown area without seeing how the frontal third looks. You may need the grafts to fix the front if your last procedure doesn't grow right. 1500 is nothing for the crown it will not fill it in if you are asking. Crown will need almost double of that and will still look thin. You should let this procedure finish before thinking of doing anything else. The human body can only heal so fast and if you subject it to more tramua you may be risking losing grafts from the procedure you just had. You will up the chances for shock loss by a ton.

Edited by JON86
x

My crown was about the size of yours but I still had 30% density left... 5000 grafts later...... You can look at my post history and pictures to get an idea. Anyways 1500 grafts isn't as much as you think, especially for a crown.

You need to wait a year since you just had a procedure. No way I would waste precious grafts in the crown area without seeing how the frontal third looks. You may need the grafts to fix the front if your last procedure doesn't grow right. 1500 is nothing for the crown it will not fill it in if you are asking. Crown will need almost double of that and will still look thin. You should let this procedure finish before thinking of doing anything else. The human body can only heal so fast and if you subject it to more tramua you may be risking losing grafts from the procedure you just had. You will up the chances for shock loss by a ton.

The procedure I done recently was only on my frontal area and it was a FUT procedure. I'm looking to get my crown done now FUE.

ANY doctor will tell you that you don't have to wait a year because I'm not working on the donor/recipient site itself.

crown won't need 3000 grafts dude and it certainly wudnt look thin if he had 3000 grafts. stop giving out poor advice. and u don't need to wait a year to get a second HT. 8 months is perfectly fine.

the crown will NOT need 3000 grafts and if u did get 3000 grafts there it surely wudnt be thin. and you don't need to wait a year to get a second HT. (8) is perfectly fine in fact (6) months would be fine all healing is done long before (6) months therefore there is no risk of shock loss. where do u ppl get this crap from?

ppl really need to stop giving out poor advice wen they are obviously clueless about what they are saying smh.

• Administrators
the crown will NOT need 3000 grafts and if u did get 3000 grafts there it surely wudnt be thin. and you don't need to wait a year to get a second HT. (8) is perfectly fine in fact (6) months would be fine all healing is done long before (6) months therefore there is no risk of shock loss. where do u ppl get this crap from?

ppl really need to stop giving out poor advice wen they are obviously clueless about what they are saying smh.

There is no need to be insulting, I don't think you understood what Jon was saying, he meant wait 1 full year to make sure you're happy with the results in the front. Any reputable doctor will tell you the money is in the front. What happens if you get your crown done at 6 months anticipating further growth and if at 12 months you realize you need additional grafts in the front, you may be in a tough situation sacrificing grafts for the crown instead of the front. I waited 12 months for each procedure to make sure I was happy with the result before proceeding with another surgery this is the smart and safe way to approach things.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Can I ask your advice?

I just had my FUT surgery in front area last week in NYC.

I emailed Dr Nader and he said to wait 2 or 3 month and he can do the crown area 1500-2000 grafts.

I'm ready to do it. The sooner the better. Or... Am I being hasty, and should wait longer.

The crown is a complex area to restore because hair growth occurs in all directions. What do you expect to achieve? Light coverage, a thin crown to reduce the glare on the scalp, or would you prefer as much coverage as possible?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The crown is a complex area to restore because hair growth occurs in all directions. What do you expect to achieve? Light coverage, a thin crown to reduce the glare on the scalp, or would you prefer as much coverage as possible?

My plan is to do FUE to get as much coverage as possible. I'm looking into getting 3000 grafts fue put in there. Surely that should make a huge difference.

Heres an updated pic I took two days ago.

Screenshot_20160414-234058.thumb.jpg.411cce69a31e045884956cc2ba6c3af6.jpg

There is no need to be insulting, I don't think you understood what Jon was saying, he meant wait 1 full year to make sure you're happy with the results in the front. Any reputable doctor will tell you the money is in the front. What happens if you get your crown done at 6 months anticipating further growth and if at 12 months you realize you need additional grafts in the front, you may be in a tough situation sacrificing grafts for the crown instead of the front. I waited 12 months for each procedure to make sure I was happy with the result before proceeding with another surgery this is the smart and safe way to approach things.

This is very good advice. No sense in jumping the gun and doing the crown before you feel good about your front. The front is way more important so I'd personally delay making any decisions until I felt like the front was where I wanted it to be. The crown is very secondary, at least to me, and I would preserve those grafts for the very end.

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!