A Case of Twins - FUE vs FUT Dr. Dorin & Dr. True

We have had the unique opportunity to perform hair restoration for twins Kyle and Tristan. Their initial procedures were performed about 15 months ago at our New York city surgical office

This case study is a wonderful comparison between the current methodologies of hair transplantation - FUE vs FUT.

Dr. Dorin performed FUE for Kyle. Dr. True performed FUT for Tristan.

See below T & D profile video that showcases the twins on their procedure day:

Tristan was profiled in the New York Post article as well:

Tom Brady inspired my hair transplant! | New York Post

nyp.png

We recently saw Kyle and Tristan at our Boston office for follow-The initial treatments were very successful and have already had a huge positive impact for the twins as can be seen in the below photo. We will document their development more thoroughly when they make there way back to NY.

twinfile-1.jpg

twinfile-2.jpg

twinfile-3.jpg

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

Well, I think that this is a great case. Obviously these pics are not enough to make a good conclusion, but I am excited for your clinic to make that call after a thorough examination. More than that, it would be interesting to follow them through future procedures to see how their donor availability works out. This is a really cool study.

Are the on any meds?

Also, are they identical twins? They don't look terribly alike.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Well, I think that this is a great case. Obviously these pics are not enough to make a good conclusion, but I am excited for your clinic to make that call after a thorough examination. More than that, it would be interesting to follow them through future procedures to see how their donor availability works out. This is a really cool study.

Are the on any meds?

Also, are they identical twins? They don't look terribly alike.

I think they look exactly alike! They even have the same mole on their right temple area!

Very interesting! It would be nice to have more photos and an analysis/comparison of the outcomes. Both guys are looking good!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Very interesting case, I too would like to see some more before and after photos from various angles as their hair loss looks very similar and they choose two different techniques and a similar number of grafts. This case might answer many questions in the FUT vs FUE yield debate.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Really interesting this. Looking forward to the video.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I think they look exactly alike! They even have the same mole on their right temple area!

Pretty sure they are the same person pre op and post op. You never see Kyle's right temple.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

QUOTE by Orangehair -

"This case study is a wonderful comparison between the current methodologies of hair transplantation - FUE vs FUT."

Really great study of the 2 techniques you offer at T&D. It's very similar to the study Dr Joe is doing at Shapiro Medical only the two different techniques are done on one patient with half the head with FUT and the other with FUE. I think the results on each side will be pretty much the same like the result of Kyle and Tristan. Of course it helps when you have skilled physicians performing each technique. Thanks for sharing your study.