Dr. Koray Erdogan @ Asmed - My HT Experience

ErsB1

Hi guys, this is a repost as I wanted to include the Dr's name in the title.

I've been posting videos about my hair transplant experience at ASMED clinic in Istanbul over the last 8 months. My surgery began at the beginning of August 2015 and I had 5000 grafts implanted. Please check out my video to see how it all went and how it's progressing!

Edited by ErsB1
error

Hi Dutchie, all in all I would say the total cost is somewhere between ?10-11k with everything included.

10-11k pounds?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Dutchie, all in all I would say the total cost is somewhere between ?10-11k with everything included

If you're talking US dollars it wouldnt really be worth it for Canadians to fly to Turkey.

Exchange rate is horrible right now, $11K translates to $14,500 at the moment.

You might as well stay home and get it done here

If you're talking US dollars it wouldnt really be worth it for Canadians to fly to Turkey.

Exchange rate is horrible right now, $11K translates to $14,500 at the moment.

You might as well stay home and get it done here

I promise, I'm not trying to pick at you ( I replied to your quote in a another thread)... but.. are you crazy? Even @ 20k it's a discount. Dr. Rahal charges 8 bucks a graft FUE and this guy had 5000k grafts moved.

Looks like its progressing quite well. Saw in the video that you were concerned with some patchiness in donor. It isnt as much noticeable in video , however, ive known cases where someone may have had 1500 grafts extracted or 4000 grafts extracted and the donor area got hammered with all sorts of patchiness. Considering 5000 extractions the area looks alright based on the video. The yield attained and coverage given look good so far based on the video. I think you are progressin well but would love to seeupdates as time progresses.

Price Used to be really favorable at that clinic but with more exposure and price rising, it is just like another clinic. Folks try to find the best bang for your buck now to have greater surgical and financial security. This is if there is a physician you paid like 10 a graft for messes up, then he wants you to come back to his chair for unwarranted repeats and no refunds risking your grafts. By paying less, you kind of cut your losses and it isnt a big financial hit if things go awry. In most cases, doctors who offer cheap prices still offer refunds and even are willing to do free repairs. You could end up with a huge financial headache or a minor financial headache, choose the type youd like

But no doubt, the result for the price is looking favorable based on the video you posted.

I agree with the above. My first transplant of 2400 grafts with Dr Koray cost me 5400 sterling which is 7630 in dollars in today's rate. I am going back in 2 weeks time for 3000 grafts which is costing me 5000 sterling, which again in today's dollar rate is 7065. (thanks to the strong pound). That is affordable knowing how much American doctors FUE prices are.

I promise, I'm not trying to pick at you ( I replied to your quote in a another thread)... but.. are you crazy? Even @ 20k it's a discount. Dr. Rahal charges 8 bucks a graft FUE and this guy had 5000k grafts moved.

Yeah, you're right. I forgot it was an FUE.

I had FUT on my mind for some reason

Sean - Thanks for watching. I have a separate video which I'll post as part of my next video update which shows clearly the patchiness of the donor area.

But it should be a consideration to any one thinking about FUE procedures involving a large number of grafts. I think another important factor is the fact i have never taken Finasteride, this might have helped strengthen the hairs in the donor area and prevented some of the shock loss.

***Update: Having had a proper look at the donor area today it appears as though a lot of the patchiness is clearing up slowly, if this was shock loss then it looks like it is slowly being cleared up. I will still update you guys in my next video with what it looked like at the 6.5 months stage.

Edited by ErsB1

Sean - Thanks for watching. I have a separate video which I'll post as part of my next video update which shows clearly the patchiness of the donor area.

Having looked in to it I think it is permanent shock loss, I say permanent as it's now been over 8 months. It's certainly not immediately noticeable and is easily covered by gently brushing the side of my hair with my hand.

But it should be a consideration to any one thinking about FUE procedures involving a large number of grafts. I think another important factor is the fact i have never taken Finasteride, this might have helped strengthen the hairs in the donor area and prevented some of the shock loss.

Definitely share the other video to help see the area better. Shockloss is a major issue esp if it is permanent. I couldnt tell that much from the previous videos. I certainly hope you dont have to go through with such a hassle. Large procedures may have it, but there are fue surgeons who are able to avoid it by certain surgical protocols and extraction patterns. Its frstrating to go through such issues as you want things to be the way as they are marketed and shown.

Sean - I have edited my previous response as things seemingly are starting to change in the donor area, even after 8 months. I don't want to give the impression that permanent shock loss is common and it's certainly doesn't seem like that's the case with me. In fairness I just need to wait until the 18 month cycle is complete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys,

In case you haven't seen it, please watch my 12 month update from my hair transplant experience at ASMED with Dr. Koray Erdogan. You can also follow me on Instagram for more frequent updates @HT_Fanboy

Edited by ErsB1

• 1 month later...

I'm going to see Erdogan and Asmed in December. Enjoyed your videos as I'm having crown work done as well as the frontal area.

I'm only having 1500 grafts put in to the crown and although my loss there isn't quite as substantial as yours (due to finasteride) I'm now wondering if I need another 500 there. I guess I can discuss this with Dr. Koray at the initial consultation.

I expect I will need a second procedure to sort out any density issues. For my first procedure I would just like the hair line and temporal areas to be reshaped and some extra density to my crown so I can stop using concealers.

I followed you on Instagram. Will follow how your second procedure goes. Your first transplant was an amazing change by the way. Hope I can have as much success.

First Transplant: 5000 FUE grafts with Dr Koray Erdogan ASMED, December 2016

First Hair Transplant link: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185564-5000-grafts-fue-13th-14th-december-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Hair loss regime

Propecia 1mg daily

Saw Palmetto 450mg daily

Biotin 1000ug daily

MSM 1500mg daily

Pumpkin Seed Oil 1000mg daily

1% Nizoral shampoo weekly

Lasercomb x 3 weekly

• 4 weeks later...