4000 FUE in one session? What are the Risks?

marknash99

Hey guys

My decision had been made to ask Dr. Demirsoy to carry out my HT. However I was a little concerned when I was informed by Clemens that he would be carrying out the procedure in just the one session. I asked if he could do this over two sessions but was told this would cost an extra €2200

So I'm after some advice. What are the risks of carrying out this number of grafts in one session? He has a good reputation so I would've thought if he thought there was a chance of a bad result he wouldn't suggest doing it as its very likely to backfire?

I had 5,125 grafts done in 2012 over three and a half days. At the time that was a mega-session because of the large number of grafts in consecutive days. 4,000 in one day would be very difficult for the doctor and staff. It would also be a VERY long day for you. I hate to say it but it sounds like the doctor is more concerned about making money than doing what may be best for his patient. Or, technicians may be doing a lot of the work. Here's a picture of my results after my initial surgery in 2012.

Before%2Band%2BAfter.png

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

several reasons why you should be a little concerned, as stated by John the day will be VERY LONG for you, my first session was 3000 and I was at my limits, but the biggest concern is the time the grafts are outside your head. the longer they sit outside the less chance of survival. you may want to ask your Dr how is plans to approach the session, if he says we extract all 4000 then implant I would look elsewhere however if he says, we extract 2000 then implant the hairline, the we extract 2000 more and then implant the mid scalp and crown then perfect. the day will start around 7am and finish around 7pm. best of luck dude

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

I would pay the extra if that is the doctor you are set on. FUE is fatiguing as there is a step for each extraction as opposed to strip where its all done in an 45 minutes or so. 4000 extractions is a whole day of work IMO.

I know some docs go over 2500 but I'd stop there in 1 day due to fatigue. I know techs are very heavily involved in Turkey so offsets fatigue a bit but still.

Last, I believe aside from transection and size of tissue around bulb - time grafts are out of head is the next important factor. Maybe they extract and don't "pull" the graft until later day but if they extract and pull at once and it sits out in solution for 11-12-13 hrs that can hurt the yield.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

I had 2 FUE sessions with Dr. Rahal with a total of 3,500 grafts over both procedures which were a year apart. My first procuedure was in Sept 2014 to address the hairline and frontal zone - here he worked with 2k grafts. My second procedure was in Sept 2015 to work behind the frontal zone and up to the crown. Here he worked with 1,500 grafts. Both of these procedures started at 6:30 am and ended late afternoon / early evening. And Rahal has a "team" of technicians as well for implantation, etc. I don't see how you realistically get 4k grafts done in a day for the reasons stated by others above. Really check into it ..

Thanks for the replies everyone

In regards to the concern around the grafts being left outside of the body too long, I was told they are using a grafts storage solution that is called "Hypothermosol" which strengthens the grafts while they are out of the body? Thoughts on that?

Hypothermosol - only guessing here but thats just a solution pretty sure all clinics would use the same

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

I had 4500 grafts (well so they say) in one 8hr day. Im 13 weeks in, 20 perecent of the grafts still remain, so its just a case of waiting now to see if it was a sucess. I went to a turkish clinic, with my eyes wide open, knowing it was a risk.

I hadmy concerns, because i dont think my donor was capable. I do feel looking back that it was over harvestedBut its done. With such a large fue session, be prepared for the event that your donor may take time to heal. 3 months in, 75 percent of my donor is now fine, but still onthe right hand side there is ab extraction pattern still showing which im hoping will fade in the coming months.

Dr demirsoy has a good reputation, i consulted with him. He is usually very conservative with his graft extractions, so im very suprised he said he will do 4000 grafts from you....you must have very good donor for him to say that.

don't do that. Based on my experience that would be a mistake. Extracting is not that hard,but too much work for the technicians so they will do mistakes .Also the trauma is too big ,plus dense packing in the front part at one procedure is not a good idea .

The operation will take around 12 hours .

So if i were you, do 2500-3000 grafts ,check how it goes , and in the future do another 1500-2000 .

Also what i do not like is really dense packing of grafts in front area/hairline at one procedure that doctors like to do . In my view that reduce growth rate in that area.