Scheduled with Dr. Konior 14 March

Imukh

Hello Everyone,

After 10 years of hair loss and accompanying agony, desperation and self-doubt, I have finally decided to take the surgical route to hair restoration. I have to say this forum has been a great source of detailed information on several aspects of a hair loss sufferer’s journey. So many success cases have inspired me and helped prepare mentally for this step.

As for my case, you will be able to see from the pictures, I am a diffused thinner (unsure about the norwood pattern) and have lost serious density in the last 4-5 years. I have tried minoxidil in the past and had an irritated scalp as a result, I’ve always had an itchy scalp with dandruff so it just wasn’t for me. Generally meds do not go down well with my system, therefore I have decided to stay away from both Minoxidil and Finasteride.

Now to Dr. Konior, the more I read about him and his practice, not to mention the many many impressive results and patient blogs, it puts me at ease with idea of cutting my head openJ. I have been in touch with his office since October, and I am scheduled for an FUT strip surgery on 14 March when I take the long flight from Kuwait to Chicago.

I must admit he and his office upholds highest professional standards when it comes to patient interactions and providing timely feedback. Dr. K himself has gone out of the way to explain the different benefits and limitations of different methods and relevance to my case. We finally agreed on FUT given the extensive balding zone, I will need to optimize every available graft (FUTs followed by FUE), besides Dr. K believes based on the pictures and videos that risk of detectability is minimal based on my donor features. We are aiming for 3000-4000 grafts focused mainly on frontal to mid-scalp but fading all the way back.

I will keep the forum posted on the pre/post-Op updates, however for now would request everyone to please review the pics and let me know what do you think, more specifically on the donor quality/density.

5b32eb10c1aba_Frontview.JPG.d76df287ab8cc165feda0e7eddedf0e4.JPG

5b32eb10dabf6_Topview.JPG.f7788ea70d7d24b745cd44664f362464.JPG

Donor.thumb.JPG.7c4ba86ff8ca21677c2b9c477ba9073e.JPG

5b32eb11b69e6_RightView.JPG.4f3d2df3b5da3f2a9d1e0a9ff8e50f21.JPG

5b32eb11c82f1_DonorandCrown.JPG.f15b25c720750224a5db42ef9bff2508.JPG

5b32eb11ef456_Withoilon.JPG.f953b483be7d0875b83928516c9255fa.JPG

5b32eb121ba22_LeftView.JPG.43c8c9b81be4c8d9ca6efaf996cb1f4f.JPG

You donor looks good to me. At least par with average density. You have strong sides too so the will be able to harvest enough grafts easily. In some pics it is dififficult to beleive that all pics are of the same person...lol

Dr Konior is great choice. How much each graft cost you ? Keep massaging the donor.Dr Konior will advise pre op instructions.

Good luck!

Your donor looks good judging by the pics. You're in very safe hands with Dr. K and I'm sure his 'plan of attack' will be a sensible one. All the best with it.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

3-4000 grafts will make a great difference to you .You still seem to have a pretty good hair line definition and the crown from the back doesn't look too bad, very good canvass for the Doctor to work with, healthy looking donor, also your skin tone looks favourable regarding contrast , all things being equal you should end up with a very good result

Agree with the comments so far. Donor looks average density but appears to be stable. Hair itself is maybe on the fine side but skin contrast is low (i.e. good).

You should not have any problems concealing a scar at that length of hair, perhaps even half that length or less.

I would focus the next month doing scalp exercises to help attain as many grafts as possible.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

You are in good hands and that is quite a flight!! How many hrs from Kuwait to Chicago? Has to be 14 or so?

Konior won't take you on unless you have a reasonable chance of good success - Tom indicated they don't accept about 50% of queries.

Really difficult to tell the Norwood with diffuse thinners - its pretty much your whole top of scalp it looks like so pretty advanced but it actually looks good from the front. And side shots look solid too. Only birds who fly above you could really see the situation - or much taller men. ;)

Yes if you are off the meds entirely I think most diffuse can expect to eventually lose much of what they have on top of scalp but maybe it will take many years for you. 3-4k should hold you over for quite a good amount of time.

p.s. do you own a jacket? :) It's going to feel like Siberia for you to be in Chicago in March coming from Kuwait hah.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Dr Konior is great choice. How much each graft cost you ? Keep massaging the donor.Dr Konior will advise pre op instructions.

Good luck!

3-4K on a FUT with Konior is going to be ~$15 to $18K.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Agree with the comments so far. Donor looks average density but appears to be stable. Hair itself is maybe on the fine side but skin contrast is low (i.e. good).

You should not have any problems concealing a scar at that length of hair, perhaps even half that length or less.

I would focus the next month doing scalp exercises to help attain as many grafts as possible.

Surprised you think the donor is on the fine side and average density. I would gave said both good density and good caliber.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Surprised you think the donor is on the fine side and average density. I would gave said both good density and good caliber.

It's a tough one but maybe 80 on the back, ie normally density. Any hair is fine compared to mine.....I'd say it is in the 'medium' range, neither fine nor thick.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Imukh, great chose. Dr. K is everything good about this industry. he cares so much and you have seen the results. I was going to say good luck but your in great hands and it has nothing to do about luck. his results are consistently great.

Imukh, one thing you should keep in mind that you are a diffused thinner and a potential candidate for shock loss.

My situation was little better than you when i had my transplant and i had a great shock loss. Now i am at 11th week, i am improving, but still its not as of pre-op stage.

I can feel lots of hair growing, but these are not making any cosmetic affect yet. I wish you dont have any shock loss, but this is a fact that you needs to consider... Best of Luck