How barbaric is FUT?

Beestig22

I'm sure you will get a lot of advise there are so many participants on the forum that can tell you in detail a lot of people have had both procedures . Good luck I hope you will get the answers you are looking for and the procedure that is good for you.

The real comparison of the technique is when all other variables are made constant. So you put the best FUT against the best FUE outcome. There again the variable will be the patient which is a huge one because of the variation in how one reacts to a treatment.

So net-net just focus on the outcome and chose either one as a procedure based on your comfort with the best in business doctors...coz they are the ones who give excellent results. And try to meet with people who have undergone this journey they have some valuable advise and insights. No better teach than experience!

Well, to be honest I was looking for reactions from guys that have had both FUE and FUT done.

They are the only ones that can truly describe the feeling during and after a hair transplant.

I've only had FUT performed, but I can assure you that there was nothing Barbaric about the procedure. The surgeons use a very thin single blade to cut the strip, and I do not believe that the incisions are that deep. All I felt was tugging on the scalp and absolutely no sharp pain. The one thing that felt brutal was that I felt a pool of blood dripping down my neck and shoulders during my 1st procedure. Didn't feel that during my 2nd.

I've had both and during the op neither were particularly painful, i wouldn't say one was more painful than the other, but FUE has a quicker recovery process.

During the op the most noticeable pain for both was the injections, and it's a matter of seconds really, so no big deal.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Education about the facts before, during and after the surgical procedure will allow individuals to judge that invasive surgery results from both FUE and FUT. Although FUT is more invasive than FUE, what is important is what occurs during the procedure with the available instrumentation and knowledge.

There are many instruments and protocols in past and current FUT practice that are more and less invasive (e.g. triple blade or single blade scalpel incision). There are also different FUE instruments and protocols in past and current FUE practice that are more and less invasive (e.g. sharp or blunt FUE extraction).

The aesthetic appeal, pain, and rate of transection are key elements to any one individual's opinion of barbaric and aesthetic medical practice.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for all the Answers.

From what I understand FUT is still a good solution and in the hands of a top surgeon it will never give problems.

FUE looks more labor intensive and this might explain why some surgeons are 'outsourcing' tasks to their technicians.

In the hands of a skilled surgeon HT is not barbaric lets face it any time we face any surgery we are afraid and think of any cut to are bodies is barbaric . In HT the patient doesn't feel or see the procedure being done he sees the finished surgery and can see where his or her new hair has been placed so this is more exciting to the patient than barbaric.