13 months post FUE

shanson

Maybe my before photo doesn't show how bad it was. I hardly had a hairline left due to receeding on both sides. The area I had done mostly consisted of where the hair had been gone for 10 years.

I was told from the start it may take two transplant to achieve the density I wanted. This was from Devroye and Farjo who I went to see in the UK.

I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with my density now. I just had a great result and have the opportunity to address the areas that still bother me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I met with Dr Devroye for my pre op consultation. For some reason I am more nervous about this second FUE than I was the first time. I was thrown back when he said he could do what I wanted without shaving my head. This had never crossed my mind as I shaved the first time and just always thought that was best.

I have spent all night looking at the pros and cons of not shaving. I am leaning towards shaving as I makes it easier to see what needs to be done and at the end of it all I want the best result I can.

I guess I was just looking for other people's thoughts

I'm now almost one week since my second FUE. It's strange being back at the start again. I hope the ugly duckling stage is shorter this time as it was a small session this time to add density to the hairline area.

image.thumb.jpg.89452c7b23c1259357db19033adb5e5a.jpg

It actually turned out to be more than 500. I ended up with 800, 400 each side and along the entire hairline as there was a bit in the middle of the hairline which would benefit from more grafts.

I didn't shave my head so hope that I will look like my old self a bit quicker this time

• 2 months later...

Hello RichFrog,

I am now 3 months after having a few hundred more grafts added to the hairline. I am very pleased with how it is looking. I had some growth at 2 months and there's plenty of hairs still popping up. I am glad I did it again and it has once again made me feel more confident and worry less.

This time round though it feels like it has taken a long time to get to the 3 months stage and have my hair grow back to a length I can style it. Now I'm at 3 months I can see it only improving.

I will add some photos sure. I haven't really taken any like I did last time. I have been more laid back about it and tried to get on with everything without watching it too much. Think I will give it another month and stick some photos up. Thank you for asking how it's been going

Looked excellent after the first session , but I can understand why you wanted to do the second .

I had my HT just over 6 months ago and I'm really pleased with the progress so far . However , although I will need a second HT to address the crown I'd like to lower the frontal hairline very slightly . Maybe my hairline will soften over the coming months so will just have to wait and see.

Look forward to your updates .

I think your being to harsh on yourself, your hair looks great.

not sure its really a must to do at this time, mybe several yrs down the line.

Are you on any Meds at this time?

Looking good buddy congratulations.

I could have left it but wanted a finished product really. I was told from the start it will take two goes to get the density I wanted. As the second one was so small I was willing to see it through after the results from the first.

I am taking propecia, I have been doing this for 3 years now.

Thanks for saying it looks great :-)

• 3 months later...

Looking good Shanson- did you experience any shock loss?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)