Top 5 HT surgeons in the world?

Hi guys

New member here. I am feeling really sad about my hair line and have decided to have a HT in the next year or so. I would be INCREDIBLY appreciative if you guys could steer me towards some of the leading names in this field globally? I can travel wherever I need to go and money is no huge factor.

I have had some bad experiences with doctors in relation to other things so am quite sensitive to finding the best!

Im 32 years old with light coloured hair and would describe myself at stage III vertex.

Thanks!!!!!

Love this question - I like Ron Shapiro, Konior, Hasson, Rahal, Feriduni, Erdogan, Lorenzo

This has come up before, and mav and I have similar opinions.

For FUT, you have 4 out of 5 who are in North America:

Hasson & Wong, Ron Shapiro in MN, Dr. Konior in Chicago and Rahal in Ottawa. Feriduni is in Belgium, IIRC.

I don't know nearly as much about the top FUE guys, but Lorenzo has a very good rep. I also think Shapiro does FUE as does Konior.

For my surgery, I went with Konior and am a very happy man only 9 months after my surgery. Full head of hair...any additional results/maturation is a bonus at this point.

• Administrators

Lists are subjective, my advice is to research patient threads on your own and view for yourself, konoir had had some stellar results, Feriduni not so much, erdogan has had some good results, but the fact that he constantly quotes double the amount of grafts is unsettling, just because a doctor isn't regurgitated by every forum poster doesn't mean you'll get a bad result, for example Dr. Gabel is a prime example of doctors who never get mentioned but consistently provide good results. Good luck on your search, remember to consult with as many doctors as possible preferably in person.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Lists are subjective, .

They are, but I wish I had asked this same question and been given those same names as a starting point before I started the process for my 1st procedure. My starting list of names I put together for the first procedure was something like this:

- Bosley

- Zeiring

- Bernstein

- T&D

- Feller

Pretty uninspiring huh - luckily I found my way for the 2nd procedure.

Dr. Gabel is a prime example of doctors who never get mentioned but consistently provide good results.

I keep hearing his name popping up time and time again, and am only hearing how outstanding he is. Even Mike Ferko of H&W was raving about him and how good he is. Would like to see more Gabel patients posting their results here. I'll be honest though, he was never someone I really looked into, but I'm starting to think that maybe I should have.

How does Dr Bisanga compare with the best for FUT? I am considering him as I feel he has good results. ?One of the best in Europe for FUT... Thoughts?

• Administrators
They are, but I wish I had asked this same question and been given those same names as a starting point before I started the process for my 1st procedure. My starting list of names I put together for the first procedure was something like this:

- Bosley

- Zeiring

- Bernstein

- T&D

- Feller

Pretty uninspiring huh - luckily I found my way for the 2nd procedure.

Not saying your list was bad, but just wanted to highlight that there could be good doctors that aren't always mentioned. Bosley and Ziering are hair mills that should be avoided at all costs.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I can travel wherever I need to go and money is no huge factor.

Can we be friends? I need more friends like this. :D

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

How does Dr Bisanga compare with the best for FUT? I am considering him as I feel he has good results. ?One of the best in Europe for FUT... Thoughts?

He doesn't unfortunately. I did consult with him, but his results just never inspired me. His hairlines are too much on the high side for my liking, but he does seem to produce very consistent results. He is better known for FUE though, as are most of the European surgeons. I would look at Feriduni before Bisanga, but the top strip doctors seem to be in North America.

You've got a great starting point. Aside from all the names listed here, utilize this forum and the list of suggested surgeons. I believe there are fantastic doctors out there who don't get the same amount of love as some of the other top names you see consistently touted as the "best".

I think another angle to also consider is not who the best doctors are, but which doctor's you should clearly avoid - with Bosley being at the top of that list. It's not uncommon for guys with very little knowledge of the hair transplant world to gravitate towards a place like that when beginning their search simply for name recognition alone. I looked into them before I knew anything about any of this as well and am so glad I found Dr. Mohebi in the process. Definitely dodged a bullet.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

@keeponplucking - In my view it is Dr Hasson and Dr Rahal. I had a procedure with Dr Rahal June last year and I found him and his staff top notch.

One can't go wrong with either of those docs.

Edited by xabi86
mistake

I had plug HT 40 years ago and develped scalp LPP that haunts me still today. After another failed HT I did my research from this forum and flew to Chicago to meet with the best, in my opinion, Dr Konior thinking he could wave his hand over my scalp and everything would be OK. He immediately did a scalp biopsy which came back positive for LPP. Immediately he found me renown scalp specailist Dr Mirmirani, an hour from where I live. Dr K continues to provide me with daily support not knowing if the LPP will ever be inactive enough to have a successful HT. I listen about all the successful surgeries but let me tell you there is nothing more discouraging than an unsuccessful one. I took it for granted that all loss of hair is MPB, but it isn't. Please have a good dermatologist examine your scalp before a HT. I was lucky to fine a doctor that cares and even today gives me the support needed. Thanks Dr K