3800 grafts/fut With Dr Ali Karadeniz

mosd

Have been researching and thinking about doing hair transplant for many years now. Im in my mid twenties. Maybe even in my late twenties :)

couple of days ago i finally took the courage and did it.

Day 1 : Arrive at the airport and picked up by a driver. It was a nice and clean BMW.

The doctor booked a hotel for me(included in the price) When i arrived i relaxed for a couple of hours and then a nurse picked me up and the walked to the clinic. About 2 min walk.

The doctor had another patient there but he was finished with him so we started talking. I quickly understood that the doctor really is passionate about hair transplant. He likes to talk about it :)

So we started talking about Fue or Fut i simply decided for Fut because that would give me more donor. And i never shave my hair anyway.

I first thought about doing about 2500 grafts only for the front but we decided to go ahead with 3500 grafts and fill in my whole top. Dunno if this was smart or not. Time will tell. But will i lose more hair in the future i will benefit from placing some grafts on the top also.

The strip ended with 300 grafts more than planned.

When the doctor drew the hairline i felt it was a little to heigh but we talked about it and higher but thicker is my priority. Also dont know if this was the right thing to do or not. Maybe should have lowered it a bit.

Day 2 Op Day:

This was a tiring and long day. Dont have so much to say about it. It took its toll on my body. Both neck and beck.

Day 3.

Wash and head back to my country.

There is probably tons more that i could tell. If you have any questions ask away!

My hair: My hair is confusing, some days it feels to thin to do anything with and somedays im proud of how thick it is.

Medication : Finasteride and minox. Been on it for a while before the transplant.

5b32ea8de44d1_IMG_20160119_230839(1).thumb.jpg.b4084f26c7116ae685fe1f79118cb8d7.jpg

IMG_20160121_205330.thumb.jpg.f27eec25bed8474f1634a921074e3fed.jpg

IMG_20160121_205201.thumb.jpg.2f60e1d87aa6042d0c07f9f4f3bfc0a9.jpg

IMG_20160121_103315.thumb.jpg.68ee0b75f5055846abdeac269fc3687a.jpg

Snapchat-8840697743567516841.jpg.88948d1079ac681b2ae04d99b89dd6ea.jpg

IMG_20160118_122534.thumb.jpg.65209bfe540008948a04142fdc48c187.jpg

when? Lets update each other!

December 17th ( although I put 18th in my review for some reason ? ).

You had good pre-op hair coverage compared to me , so for 3800 grafts you should be looking at great density .

I don't get this, looks Ike you had alot of hair and coverage before. 3,800 grafts seems excessive. I get that the hairline needed some work, but where else did it go?

as you can se on the picture we thickened up from the hairline back to the crown.

Congrats, mosd. I've always been a fan of Dr K's philosophy and approach.

Grow well!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Are you going back on minoxidil anytime soon or did the doctor say it wasn't needed? If the doctor found room to put 3800 grafts then you're in for a really full result.

im going back on minoxidil asap! The doc told me to wait 1 month. Will talk to him again and see if i can jump back on it on day 10 or something.

The hairs are permenant after day 10, so it should hurt to start on minox then? Right?

im going back on minoxidil asap! The doc told me to wait 1 month. Will talk to him again and see if i can jump back on it on day 10 or something.

The hairs are permenant after day 10, so it should hurt to start on minox then? Right?

Aparently it irritates the scalp - just follow the instructions of your clinc.

Aparently it irritates the scalp - just follow the instructions of your clinc.

Dont want to be rude but how does this matter? If the grafts are permanent they should be permanent?

Do you know how this works?

Dont want to be rude but how does this matter? If the grafts are permanent they should be permanent?

Do you know how this works?

Ask the surgeon rather, but I would assume that just because the grafts are now permanently in place, the scalp and grafts are still healing and new blood vessels attaching to the grafts. You don't want to add anything that potentially messes with this healing process and can prevent future growth. Remember, just because the graft is permanent, doesn't mean its going to grow, but then again we always think we know better than our highly qualified surgeons.

Ask the surgeon rather, but I would assume that just because the grafts are now permanently in place, the scalp and grafts are still healing and new blood vessels attaching to the grafts. You don't want to add anything that potentially messes with this healing process and can prevent future growth. Remember, just because the graft is permanent, doesn't mean its going to grow, but then again we always think we know better than our highly qualified surgeons.

oh youre right, i thought once the hairs were permenant its pretty much settled.

Will talk to the Doc again :)

For you guys whom done a transplant and started minoxidil after, when did you start?

oh youre right, i thought once the hairs were permenant its pretty much settled.

Will talk to the Doc again :)

For you guys whom done a transplant and started minoxidil after, when did you start?

As per Dr Rahal's instruction, as I had previously used minoxidil, I was able to restart again at 14 days post-op, although I am only applying it once a day as it has worsened the redness of the recepient area which was fine until I restarted it. If you were not using minox prior to the surgery, then the instructions specifically state that you must wait a couple of months before using it, I think it was 3 months.

As per Dr Rahal's instruction, as I had previously used minoxidil, I was able to restart again at 14 days post-op, although I am only applying it once a day as it has worsened the redness of the recipient area which was fine until I restarted it. If you were not using Minox prior to the surgery, then the instructions specifically state that you must wait a couple of months before using it, I think it was 3 months.

oh ok. I have been on it for a couple of years before HT. So want to restart asap to not lose the hair it has managed to maintain.

Day 9 Update:

Recipient : Some of the scabs are falling of and my existing hair is slowly growing ut. Starting to look really good. Sometimes i feel that the hairline is little little to high, other times im have that i didnt lower it. Considering that you never know what the future holds.

Donor: Still some tightness from the strip. And still dont feel comfortable sleeping on it. So i sleep on my chin. Able to sleep 8 hours with a couple of wake ups. 6 days till its time to remove the staples, cant wait.

Edit: Last night i had some serious itching in both recipient and donor. It was horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

For less than 3 weeks that looks pretty good .Another few weeks and it wont be visible .Was it a tricho' closure by the way ?

I had my head shaved for my procedure , so took a lot longer to hide . The scar is not visible from the sides now ( post op 8 weeks ) , but unfortunately got shock loss for a short length of the scar at the rear which is still visible .

For less than 3 weeks that looks pretty good .Another few weeks and it wont be visible .Was it a tricho' closure by the way ?

I had my head shaved for my procedure , so took a lot longer to hide . The scar is not visible from the sides now ( post op 8 weeks ) , but unfortunately got shock loss for a short length of the scar at the rear which is still visible .

yes it was trico, the doc did shave my hair also but not all the way.

When did you notice the shockloss?