UK Hair Transplant. Harley Street only option?

jaypee2502

i went to my GP to get a recommendation for the best/most trusted place to get an FUE hair transplant for my frontal hairline.

sent me off and said he would call me the next day. when he called he said the only option really is 2 clinics and surgeons both on harley street, and both probably the most expensive in the UK i dont doubt :eek::mad:

i know my friend booked himself in the private clinic there, and it would cost him ?10.000 and from what i could tell very little work had to be done (he cancelled in the end as he later had financial troubles)

im getting desperate now but literally have no idea where to turn, there are so many places offering the FUE but alot of them do seem extremely dodgy.

Have you reviewed our interactive map? Here you can locate the physicians we recommend in the UK and beyond.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

If cost is of major concern then consider options outside UK. David himself had excellent results from Dr. Bhatti in India. There are also other doctors who have consistently have had good results so you can consider them as well. Good luck.

My Thread: 

Hi Jaypee2502,

Harin is right. Many patients here had excellent FUE results with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti,

Check out DR. Bhatti 's website, pictures, videos and cost. Compare with a few surgeons and make some online consultations. You have nothing to lose.

Darlinglocks

FUE 1524 grafts with Dr. Bhatti

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Dr Tejinder Bhatti's Profile

As above, loads of great doctors outside the UK where you won't be getting ripped off. You get what you pay for doesn't real hold much water with hair transplants as there have been thousands of great results for a fraction of the price of UK and US prices.

Footballers and other famous people are well known for having the procedures in the UK which has really kept the prices at unrealistic levels for the general public.

Probably best if you contacted a few doctors and see what feedback you get. The responses will help you decide on which option to take.

As already mentioned, you could include Dr Bhatti in this list amongst others.

Dr Bhatti FUE Oct 2014 3305 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

Harley Street is place, not a doctor. Look for clinics where the name of the clinic is the doctor's own name - you know who you're dealing with then.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Thanks for replies. I understand whats being said, the whole abroad thing seems very daunting. Like theres no way i would go all the way to india for a hair transplant as i suffer with anxiety aswell.

I have no idea how to search for doctors within the UK or any other place in europe for that matter.

When i google for reliable hair transplants and those recommended within the UK, it still comes up with Harley Street :eek:

Belgium is very easy and quick by train. I'm from the UK and went there and it was fine. Look into Feriduni and Bisanga in Belguim. If you really want to stay in UK I'd advise to do lots of research and especially on here. The only results I've seen in the UK that have impressed me have been from Dr Reddy. Just take your time and be sure because once it's done it's done. Make sure you pick the best person for you with a proven track record to look after those precious grafts. It's not worth a gamble. This site is excellent for reccomendations and I'd throughly reccomend Dr Feriduni or Dr Bisanga in Belguim. Just 2 hours train ride.

Belgium is very easy and quick by train. I'm from the UK and went there and it was fine. Look into Feriduni and Bisanga in Belguim. If you really want to stay in UK I'd advise to do lots of research and especially on here. The only results I've seen in the UK that have impressed me have been from Dr Reddy. Just take your time and be sure because once it's done it's done. Make sure you pick the best person for you with a proven track record to look after those precious grafts. It's not worth a gamble. This site is excellent for reccomendations and I'd throughly reccomend Dr Feriduni or Dr Bisanga in Belguim. Just 2 hours train ride.

i am certainly going to look into that, belgium is achievable.

any idea how much the price difference would be on average to have the procedure in belgium compared to UK?

my friend actually had a breast enlargement job done in Belgium for considerably cheaper than here!

Yes I think Belguim is indeed a bit cheaper than the UK. I'm not sure how much by. Belguim has long been regarding as one of the top places to go for FUE with some of the finest surgeons in the world being there. I don't think I Personally would have FUE in the UK to be honest. I just feel it might be a bit of a gamble and the grafts can't be replaced. My top choices were, Dr Feriduni, Dr Bisanga, Dr Maras of HDC and Dr Lorenzo. IF I'd stayed in the UK then I saw only Dr Reddy as an option for FUE. Belguim was ideal for me as it was very easy to get to and close to the UK with world class surgeon.

Belgium is your best bet, i agree. I'm going to Madrid to get FUE done with Dr Lorenzo, the flights only just over two hours.

In UK, Dr Reddy as mentioned, and maybe the Farjo clinic, these two are probably best for UK as they have some proven results.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Yeah no doubting that, although they throw in a 2 day stay in a 4 star hotel.

For me though no one beats Dr Lorenzo's before and after photos combined with a video, that's how you document hair transplants, no where to hide when it's done that way.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for replies. I understand whats being said, the whole abroad thing seems very daunting. Like theres no way i would go all the way to india for a hair transplant as i suffer with anxiety aswell.

I have no idea how to search for doctors within the UK or any other place in europe for that matter.

When i google for reliable hair transplants and those recommended within the UK, it still comes up with Harley Street :eek:

I went to New York - travelling is well worth it to get a result. I found the whole trip really exciting. You should definitely consider Belgium.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

You should consider Turkey also - some excellent surgeons in that country. I travelled there in May from UK - travel time is not prohibitive at all, sure some anxieties travelling post operative but for me the decision was driven by cost (1 factor), experience and a proven track record of results.