FUE hair transplant restoration surgery result on Norwood 3A male pattern baldness of over 2,500 hair grafts transplanted by Dr. Diep after 1 year follow up. The surgery was performed personally by Dr. Diep, designing the hairline and pulling one hair graft at a time by himself within 1 day of work only. This client does not take Propecia nor use Rogaine. He is not on any medication. Please click on the following Youtube video link below.

acc1ccr.jpg.46f0c8e2d4a1bc74ba6695298401bf42.jpg

acc1Dr.jpg.3398cd2d529c1d4b40ffb5e6acb6e47a.jpg

acc2ar.jpg.9b7ad1ff3f2a6735189626283047a0df.jpg

acc2br.jpg.3b6d3e13acebcdcbaeedb07ce860ed3f.jpg

acc3ar.jpg.a878e395fbbcd8e8fb807e749bc17bec.jpg

acc3br.jpg.a3f4e580d56fcab05242c93521f4e725.jpg

acc4ar.jpg.1bdfeb8115bed92d144ac0ae338e73a2.jpg

acc4br.jpg.6e871b5a8f950080f9850063fcc0b4f6.jpg

acc5ar.jpg.002b602454e1a12ff24e957aa5baf5d9.jpg

acc5br.jpg.671bd9b9443082cc828e62d98b585393.jpg

Edited by Dr. John Diep

Dr. John Diep is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• Administrators
Isn't all surgery at his clinic performed by him?

No technicians worked on me for my procedure, I wasn't awake most of the time, but I definitely remember technicians being involved with the extraction and implantation, I hope I'll still get a good result like this gentlemen, but it's troubling to think I may not for that reason.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

No technicians worked on me for my procedure, I wasn't awake most of the time, but I definitely remember technicians being involved with the extraction and implantation, I hope I'll still get a good result like this gentlemen, but it's troubling to think I may not for that reason.

You've gotta be f*****g kidding me. Are you serious? Technicians involved in he extraction?

If that's true, he's going off my list.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

• Administrators

nope its true, that doesn't necessarily mean I'll have a bad result though, im only 3.5 months post op, I have started seeing some growth, but I just want to clarify that Dr. Diep does use technicians and in my case, I dont know how much they did vs how much he did, cause I was knocked out most of the procedure but I do know that the time I was conscious they were present. I'm hopeful but im documenting everything and taking pictures daily. Overall my experience was not a good one, it felt rushed, bedside manner was not good, I can't say id recommend him even if my results are fantastic.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

nope its true, that doesn't necessarily mean I'll have a bad result though, im only 3.5 months post op, I have started seeing some growth, but I just want to clarify that Dr. Diep does use technicians and in my case, I dont know how much they did vs how much he did, cause I was knocked out most of the procedure but I do know that the time I was conscious they were present. I'm hopeful but im documenting everything and taking pictures daily. Overall my experience was not a good one, it felt rushed, bedside manner was not good, I can't say id recommend him even if my results are fantastic.

Did you have an in person consultation with them before having

your surgery?

• Administrators
Did you have an in person consultation with them before having

your surgery?

Of course I did, he told me he did the extraction and designed the hairline, he did do the hairline, how much of the extractions I don't know I was knocked out, when I was awake it was techs, but I may still get a good result, I'm on track so far my hair growth is good for 3.5 months, but nevertheless techs did some extractions for sure which was not advised by him prior to having surgery.

View my thread

Reason I asked that question is I had an in person consultation and

it was an uneasy experience. I really wanted to go with this clinic

really love the hairline design but I just felt rushed. I flew all the way

to San Jose for thirty minutes of sitting in the waiting room and five

minutes of consultation. There was another guy there booked for

a consult the same time I was. They were doing a surgery while

the doctor was doing consults and a follow up. This seemed like

a lot to be going on at one time. It just seemed strange the doctor

was not in the surgery. I am not saying this doctor is bad but I

just felt red flags going off. I have decided against them I don't

want techs doing most of the work. I will say the guy that showed

up for the follow up looked great so you will probably get a nice

result. I will probably need an fut no way I am taking chances

with techs in that procedure. Like I said not knocking him as a doctor

but it seems that business has outgrown what they can handle.

They have bad reviews on patient follow up care on other sites I am not

allowed to post links but if you google it you will find them. I so wanted

to go with this clinic been following him here for over a year as a non

member and on you tube but even on here if you look at the fut

scars posted on here by other members do not look so good.

JON86 - I read your post and felt the exact same way when I went for my pre-op visit at my doctor's office. There were surgeries going on, other patients were getting consultations, and I had just flown in the night before my procedure to get paperwork out of the way. It all seemed very busy .. but any good doctor or HT clinic will be that way. The ones that have no patients, and are not busy are the ones that should raise the red flags!!! Any top knotch surgeon is booked MONTHS to a year in advance .. so I say re-think your position, because while I initially thought the same way, I realized pretty quickly, especially before-during-and after my procedure, that the busy clinics run like well oiled machines. They are extremely busy because they are the best...

• Administrators
Reason I asked that question is I had an in person consultation and

it was an uneasy experience. I really wanted to go with this clinic

really love the hairline design but I just felt rushed. I flew all the way

to San Jose for thirty minutes of sitting in the waiting room and five

minutes of consultation. There was another guy there booked for

a consult the same time I was. They were doing a surgery while

the doctor was doing consults and a follow up. This seemed like

a lot to be going on at one time. It just seemed strange the doctor

was not in the surgery. I am not saying this doctor is bad but I

just felt red flags going off. I have decided against them I don't

want techs doing most of the work. I will say the guy that showed

up for the follow up looked great so you will probably get a nice

result. I will probably need an fut no way I am taking chances

with techs in that procedure. Like I said not knocking him as a doctor

but it seems that business has outgrown what they can handle.

They have bad reviews on patient follow up care on other sites I am not

allowed to post links but if you google it you will find them. I so wanted

to go with this clinic been following him here for over a year as a non

member and on you tube but even on here if you look at the fut

scars posted on here by other members do not look so good.

This pretty much summed up my experience, I had to wait an hour before my procedure started cause the doctor was with other patients, when the procedure was done, the doctor didn't even check on me or see me, I waited for a few minutes in the lobby cause I wanted to ask some questions but then I just left. Like I said, the results I hope will be good, but overall the experience was not good, I wouldn't go back even if I have the most killer hairline. My previous surgeon was a true gentlemen even e-mailed me a few days ago to check up on me and its been 18 months.

View my thread

Thanks for your reply and understand what you are saying

and I want to say again I am not putting down this doctors

abilities I think his results are very good. If I were needing

fue I might still go with them but for strip I want to be sure

the doctor is doing a lot of the work. I am not impressed

with the scars I have seen from his strip surgeries on here.

Just would feel more comfortable with someone more hands

on like Konior or Cooley. Sorry if it seems like I have hijacked

this thread it's not my intention at all.

Thank You Ht soon . You have validated the feeling I had when I was there.

That confirms what I have read about how poor the after care is. It's ridiculous

he didn't talk to you after your surgery. After care is to me just as important

as the surgery itself. If I have fut done chances of infection go up and I want

to be able to talk to my doctor. I hope your results turn out great. I hope

the doctor reads this.

At $20,000 for a 2,500-graft procedure, I expect the doctor to be there. Sorry.

I mean, you could do two of those a day and gross $2 million a year. Just how much money does he need to make? I'm not going to be part of any assembly line.

Also, I can't help but feel that allowing non-MDs to do this critical work is unethical. If I get a spare minute, I'd like to do some research on the unauthorized practice of medicine.

Shadow I felt like what you said , getting ready to be put on an assembly line.

I think this clinic should be reevaluated for being recommended . Ht soon

is the reason I signed up today. I have been researching this clinic for over a year following on all the sites and the way he got treated is not surprising . If you google it you will find it. The truth is the truth. I had that voice that said don't do this now I am so thankful I didn't.

I agree on both counts.

Result looks fabulous for 2500 grafts. nice and artistic work by the clinic.

But for 20,000 $ for 2500 grafts you do expect the doctor to atleast do the hairline and be present for the most of the procedure. Again I also think tht based on the doctor's trust on his technicians who might have been working with him for many years now, their technique might be as good as the doctor himself. It might also be the fact that the team is a well oiled machine?.

ThAT SAID the fact that the consultation was rushed makes no sense, the consultation, counselling, expectations of the patient are the most important things with any HT surgery. It is important to get to know the patient and talk to them in detail, discuss with them their expectations and present him/her with realisitic goals for the future with HT.

My Thread: 

Consultation was a joke harin. My donor was not even looked at how scary is that ? That was the major red flag. There was not talk of future loss any of it. It was like

let me get you in the chair. I think he does great work but his bedside manner

seems terrible. Dealing with their office is terrible. They are nice people but not organized. My consult time was double booked and it seems a miss. I am not attacking his surgical ability but the after care and how patients are treated once they have your money. I did not have a surgery with them so my perception is speculation. I have seen bad reviews here and on other sites. I just think they should think twice about recommending him on here. The follow up seems terrible. There is a case of a women on here had Folliculitis. She tried to get through to the clinic had a bad time. You need to set an appointment to get through to the doctor. This in my opinion is awful. Some doctors give you their email . I think the treatment here is terrible. I want a doctor not a salesman.

Wish the doctor would address all I have said.

Wow you guys in the States pay crazy money for hair transplants. You would probably pay 3/4 of that max for two of the best docs in Europe (Feriduni & Bisanga) if not less. Having said that Feriduni is heavily reliant on techs as well but he is very involved with the process. I didn't feel rushed when I was with him and was the only patient on the day, If I was going to have an HT in the States, and could afford it, I think the only doc I would go to would be Konior who while being expensive, does everything himself.