1600 grafts dr. Lorenzo (by Johnny2000)

johnny2000

Johnny,

First of all Thank You for being so honest in your last post, it was several members who clicked on that there was other issues going on apart from your hairloss...which you already knew anyways right?

This is a topic here on this forum don't talk as much about as this MPB not only just effects us physically but even more so mentally which is a shame really.

I could go on & on but johnny there is help out there, tools that can be used, it's just finding which tools best fit the job to be done for you mentally.

If you feel like you just want to rant and rave just pm me a time, im no Doctor but a good listener & if any of the other forum members would like to put there name on your list then the more you can speak to one on one, which will definitely help you out by spilling your concerns out.

Again Thank you for being so brave with your issue's im 150% sure you are not the only one who is going through what you are right now.

I wish you well buddy.

Thank you buddy.

Well my girlfriend Think i have BDD (body dismorfich disorder) and i might have a tint of it.

But why is it that i have never been depressed about my looks before my hairloss started?

Offcourse there are things that i didnt like about my appearence but that was nothing that would make me in a depressed State of mind.

But my hairloss just hit so hard that it took me Down so hard i cant believe it actually.

And offcourse it is because of the Way it makes me look im sad about it.

If it didnt affected my looks Then it wouldnt be that hard.

Im quite skinny and tall and usually NOT very tanned. I Got pretty bad forehead Lines wich makes me look even worse. So any advice about using a tanning bed is not helpfull :(

All those things together and my hairloss is a bad combination wich is not in my favour :(

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny, just one more thing for you to consider.

From my experience small touch up surgeries can be risky. Have a read of what happened to me on this thread.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180455-shock-loss-warning-against-frequent-procedures.html

I got into real hot water trying to chase perfection - now if I am ever lucky enough to get back to a 95% result I will happily take it.

A month ago I had more work done to try and repair what happened to me & now am hit hard by shock loss yet again & hoping it all pans out ok! Thing is, you seem to have a very good head of hair now and there could be more risk than reward if you try and improve it any more.

When you find yourself playing the "chasie" game with HT's it really is a terrible place to be in. Remember, hair restoration surgery can never really give us back the density that we were born with - it may be worth you looking at where you have come from to where you are now and really think hard about your future plans.

All the best.

Johnny, just one more thing for you to consider.

From my experience small touch up surgeries can be risky. Have a read of what happened to me on this thread.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180455-shock-loss-warning-against-frequent-procedures.html

I got into real hot water trying to chase perfection - now if I am ever lucky enough to get back to a 95% result I will happily take it.

A month ago I had more work done to try and repair what happened to me & now am hit hard by shock loss yet again & hoping it all pans out ok! Thing is, you seem to have a very good head of hair now and there could be more risk than reward if you try and improve it any more.

When you find yourself playing the "chasie" game with HT's it really is a terrible place to be in. Remember, hair restoration surgery can never really give us back the density that we were born with - it may be worth you looking at where you have come from to where you are now and really think hard about your future plans.

All the best.

I actually saw you post and was suprised that shockloss hit you that far away from your reciepted area.

I had shockloss Also from my HT but only in the areas where he transplanted.

But now that most of the hairs in the front Line is HT hairs, Then the risk of permanent shockloss should be very minimal, Right?

I Will leave the middle and top part alone.

I just want my hairline lowered by maybe 0,5 cm maksimum and Then get the spots in the corners of the hairline filled in.

That has actually been my goal from Day 1, but it has not really been the results i hoped for

See att picture to see what i mean about gaps with no hair in the corners

image.jpg.3bd8c2f51e4697e2ebf78b928db3ab50.jpg

I Also know that i cannot achieve the density that my hair was once, but i still Think the results Can be better in certain areas for sure.

I cannot keep my hair long because the hairline doesnt look Right if i do. Even with lost of concealer the hairline is not good

Density can DEFINITELY be better.

Looks like an easy fix but yes another pass

Could you compare pics from right after post op to see if any grafts were planted into those areas that have gaps now? You would have needed to take close up pics of these areas when you got home post op or a few days into your recovery before the grafts started to shed.

This will tell you if the grafts were placed and just didn't grow OR that no grafts were placed in those missing gaps

If you can tell that no grafts were placed then you know the doctor missed those areas

If you you see grafts there then either they didn't take or still waiting to come out

To do this you would have had to have taken very close up pics (even with phone) though.

This way you can find out if the doctor at least tried placing grafts there and didn't just leave such gaps as they show now

Density can DEFINITELY be better.

Looks like an easy fix but yes another pass

Could you compare pics from right after post op to see if any grafts were planted into those areas that have gaps now? You would have needed to take close up pics of these areas when you got home post op or a few days into your recovery before the grafts started to shed.

This will tell you if the grafts were placed and just didn't grow OR that no grafts were placed in those missing gaps

If you can tell that no grafts were placed then you know the doctor missed those areas

If you you see grafts there then either they didn't take or still waiting to come out

To do this you would have had to have taken very close up pics (even with phone) though.

This way you can find out if the doctor at least tried placing grafts there and didn't just leave such gaps as they show now

Trust me buddy i have taken pics. Almost Thousends :-/

Here is a picture taken 2 weeks after the HT

image.jpg.8ef2087f5217e4d0eb1df737ffbd624f.jpg

Other side

But remember my hair is longer. But its clear to se where he plantes grafts and it looked really good.

The picture is Also with flash wich IMO makes the hair look better

So its not totally fair to compare, but the gaps was filled in as you see in the pictures

image.jpg.13c0f0da5611e470aab05f8eb3c0c9c6.jpg

Hi Johnny,

From your pics I see what you mean about the density, however with your hair cut that short it's unlikely that a hair transplant will give you the results that you want.

I haven't seen any hair transplant results that look great when buzzed right down. You should consider growing it out a couple of inches and go to a stylist. You have hair most guys can only dream of! Enjoy it and enjoy your life!

Alternatively if you want the buzzed look with more density, what about SMP?

Also, I have anxiety and it sounds like you may be experiencing it too. I'm on Meds for it now and haven't looked back, really helped me function and go about my day. PM me if you need any advice

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

FYI this is an erdogan patient with a shaved head post transplant 3000 grafts.

I know he has more extensive hair loss, but the principle is the same, a transplant cannot match your original density.

image.jpeg.5e859d62c07c7ec257d3dc5ac9caa148.jpeg

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Hi Johnny,

From your pics I see what you mean about the density, however with your hair cut that short it's unlikely that a hair transplant will give you the results that you want.

I haven't seen any hair transplant results that look great when buzzed right down. You should consider growing it out a couple of inches and go to a stylist. You have hair most guys can only dream of! Enjoy it and enjoy your life!

Alternatively if you want the buzzed look with more density, what about SMP?

Also, I have anxiety and it sounds like you may be experiencing it too. I'm on Meds for it now and haven't looked back, really helped me function and go about my day. PM me if you need any advice

Split i tried growing it several times, and with some concealer and styles very stratigicly, i Can make it look good on top, but with these gaps in the hairline, its extremly difficult to make it look good in the front.

And i know that buzzed Down This short is not makeing the HT work its best, but with toppik/nanogen its actually possible to make it look good. But my problem is that the gaps with minimal hairs make the hairline look bad and the concealer is looking really bad in that areas because its just laying on the scalp

I Will PM you regarding the anxiaty thing

FYI this is an erdogan patient with a shaved head post transplant 3000 grafts.

I know he has more extensive hair loss, but the principle is the same, a transplant cannot match your original density.

In This case the patient Will never be able to achieve good density with the area he needs covered.

So the hairs was probly not packed as dense as it could have been if you wanted to.

I get your point about the density thing and im not expectimg my original density.

I Also have no problem that i need to use concealer to make my hair look thicker, but i still want a more refined and straighter hairline with no gaps.

Johnny, sorry the HT hasn't been quite what you'd hoped, but to be honest I started reading this thread on the last page and it took me a while to realise you'd only had work done on the hairline - because it looks very natural. Upon closer inspection I can see what you mean about some gaps in the hairline, but your hair looks good and you still have a few months for the hair to mature and soften and blend in.

As others have said and I see you've accepted, you were never going to get your natural density back, which means the hair will always be slightly different where it's transplanted. That's the clearest to see in a short, shaved cut, where there is no shingling effect to create the illusion of density.

You have great hair; perhaps not quite the result you were dreaming of, but this is not hair that should be causing anxiety or depression, or threatening your relationships.

I know others have said similar things, but you need to be careful you don't let minor hairloss and disappointing procedure eat away at you (and I only say disappointing from your perspective - it looks great to me and it will to lots of others!). One of the issues with cosmetic procedures is that people who suffer from deeper anxieties and insecurities will often project these on to their physical selves and want to "fix" the cosmetic imperfections they have. That might mean hair transplants, teeth whitening, wrinkle removal, getting a six pack etc.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve physically, but you need to make sure you are not consumed by that desire. Your hair is great and although I can understand your disappointment that the procedure hasn't quite worked out as you wanted, you need to make sure you don't focus on the minor imperfections at the expenses of what is a great head of hair. Otherwise you will descend into a vicious spiral.

Perhaps another pass would meet your goals and it's certainly worth considering, but I'd also look into mindfulness and getting mentally stronger and more accepting too. Do not let your life become about fixing every little problem, or you will miss a lot of good things.

Johnny, sorry the HT hasn't been quite what you'd hoped, but to be honest I started reading this thread on the last page and it took me a while to realise you'd only had work done on the hairline - because it looks very natural. Upon closer inspection I can see what you mean about some gaps in the hairline, but your hair looks good and you still have a few months for the hair to mature and soften and blend in.

As others have said and I see you've accepted, you were never going to get your natural density back, which means the hair will always be slightly different where it's transplanted. That's the clearest to see in a short, shaved cut, where there is no shingling effect to create the illusion of density.

You have great hair; perhaps not quite the result you were dreaming of, but this is not hair that should be causing anxiety or depression, or threatening your relationships.

I know others have said similar things, but you need to be careful you don't let minor hairloss and disappointing procedure eat away at you (and I only say disappointing from your perspective - it looks great to me and it will to lots of others!). One of the issues with cosmetic procedures is that people who suffer from deeper anxieties and insecurities will often project these on to their physical selves and want to "fix" the cosmetic imperfections they have. That might mean hair transplants, teeth whitening, wrinkle removal, getting a six pack etc.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve physically, but you need to make sure you are not consumed by that desire. Your hair is great and although I can understand your disappointment that the procedure hasn't quite worked out as you wanted, you need to make sure you don't focus on the minor imperfections at the expenses of what is a great head of hair. Otherwise you will descend into a vicious spiral.

Perhaps another pass would meet your goals and it's certainly worth considering, but I'd also look into mindfulness and getting mentally stronger and more accepting too. Do not let your life become about fixing every little problem, or you will miss a lot of good things.

I hear you.

I have been Working with my mental issue on a Daily basis. And trying to accept it more and more.

But almost all of what you guys say is true, but its just not that easy to change the focus away from the hair when its been my Daily concern for the last 5 years

So what was the verdict comparing close up pics immediately post op to now.

Were there grafts planted in the areas that show gaps now? Or were there gaps immediately after the operation?

So what was the verdict comparing close up pics immediately post op to now.

Were there grafts planted in the areas that show gaps now? Or were there gaps immediately after the operation?

Look at the pictures i posted a couple of messages ago.

it clearly shows that there was hairs transplanted in the area.

Could it be that there are just areas on the scalp that Will NOT grow hair no matter how Many Times you try to place grafts there?

Could be. If grafts were planted there the first time and didn't take then there could be some scarring that made the next round not take as well.

If grafts were planted where their are gaps now it's is totally possible that they still may sprout

If it was me, I'd start planning for the next HT PASS after 12 months, if the gaps fill by then great, if not, this next pass will be very obvious where to plant.

I know it's not the ideal situation and a pain in the neck, but what is the alternative.

What is done is done and the only thing you can do is try another pass or live with the way it looks for now

Right?

Could be. If grafts were planted there the first time and didn't take then there could be some scarring that made the next round not take as well.

If grafts were planted where their are gaps now it's is totally possible that they still may sprout

If it was me, I'd start planning for the next HT PASS after 12 months, if the gaps fill by then great, if not, this next pass will be very obvious where to plant.

I know it's not the ideal situation and a pain in the neck, but what is the alternative.

What is done is done and the only thing you can do is try another pass or live with the way it looks for now

Right?

Yeah you are Right.

I will contact the clinic in a Month when im 10 Month post op and Then decide if its possible to get better results

It should be an easier time since you won't need as much and he did the last HT so he will take extra special care to make sure he does all he can to plant successful grafts.

When you email him be positive but direct about the gaps and then show the pics to explain where this occurred. If anyone can get grafts to grow in tough or scarred areas or in areas that just don't seem to take, it is Lorenzo. I'd give him one more shot at it. Hey update. Sending the hair gods your name!

It should be an easier time since you won't need as much and he did the last HT so he will take extra special care to make sure he does all he can to plant successful grafts.

When you email him be positive but direct about the gaps and then show the pics to explain where this occurred. If anyone can get grafts to grow in tough or scarred areas or in areas that just don't seem to take, it is Lorenzo. I'd give him one more shot at it. Hey update. Sending the hair gods your name!

Hehe thank you buddy

And thank you all for beeing so supportive :)

• 1 month later...

Johnny, I'm sure someone has said this already but your hair looks great. If I saw you in public I would never think you are experiencing hairloss. After going through a couple HTs already and being a part of this forum, you should know by now that transplanted hair can never match your juvenile density, it is suppose to present the "illusion" of a dense head of hair. Although I think your hair looks good short like that, you will be able to notice the difference your HTs have done for you more if you grew your hair out and styled it. I had a HT 6 weeks ago and Im going to end up with a much bigger forehead and more "mature" hairline than you. I chose that on purpose to plan for future loss down the road, but my point is that your hair looks great and you should be very happy where you are today.