Best aggressive hairline doctors in NY?

Can you share pics / age / stats? Might be useful for feedback.

ok I'll try, I'm not sure about feller as I want to try fue to keep my hair somewhat short, and some stats are im in my 30's i dont take any meds, main family side has all their hair, so I think nw 3 is where I will stay until I get a consult for more info

0376dcaa0f5a3c6b82a360dd990c12b5.png.4fc339b355269ff8c7efd3557e2dad63.png

ceb5dcd08d7e74e900f25f92eb45efd4.png.3751c9d9f3c0190633c811dacff8a8c3.png

ok I'll try, I'm not sure about feller as I want to try fue to keep my hair somewhat short, and some stats are im in my 30's i dont take any meds, main family side has all their hair, so I think nw 3 is where I will stay until I get a consult for more info

Dorin and Wesley are soliid surgeons, but not not the best. Dr Rahal produces the best hairlines out of all the HT surgeons, and he is known to be aggressive. The best surgeons are not in NY, you need to travel. Also consider Erdogan and Feriduni in Europe.

Custar you need to make sure first you are in a position for a surgeon to give you a more aggressive hairline.

As for Dr Rahal having the best hairlines, he does do very good hairlines but no better than a number of others. He is just more aggressive which tends to be more appealing to younger men. Many surgeons do not believe in that approach for their own reasons.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks i'll check him out. I have been on minox before with no help, is it necessary to be on meds? I'm sure many go with procedures without taking them, from reading others review HL blogs

Thanks i'll check him out. I have been on minox before with no help, is it necessary to be on meds? I'm sure many go with procedures without taking them, from reading others review HL blogs

Yeah it is if you want to slow down future hair loss. I don't think surgeons should perform HT procedures without the patient taking Fin.

Custar you need to make sure first you are in a position for a surgeon to give you a more aggressive hairline.

As for Dr Rahal having the best hairlines, he does do very good hairlines but no better than a number of others. He is just more aggressive which tends to be more appealing to younger men. Many surgeons do not believe in that approach for their own reasons.

No I disagree, I think his hairlines are a notch above any other surgeon. Agreed he is aggressive to get those results, but if an aggresive hairline is what this patient wants, then Rahal is the best in the business. If a patient wants a more conservative hairline and conservation of the lifetime donor supply, then the likes of Dr Ron Shapiro are more appropriate. I actually think Dorin does a solid job on his hairlines, but he isn't close to the same class as Rahal or Shapiro

• Administrators

You still have a lot of hair, I think the only guys not taking meds whilst getting a transplant are Norwood5, 6 and 7 guys who don't have much to preserve, what type minoxidil did you take? I switched from rogaine to lipogaine 2 years ago and my shedding stopped, I've pretty much maintained my same hair for the past two years, the carrier is important in minoxidil, that's why cheap generic Costco minoxidil is not as good. Being young, no hairloss stabilization and an aggressive hairline is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. Try ketocanzole shampoo and lipogaine, you can try fin at 0.5mg a day to see if you get sides if you do try every other day.

its understandable if you don't want to take fin but at least minoxidil and keto shampoo.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Not everyone is on meds prior or post HT but most have at least tried. Some discontinue w side effects or personal decision due to complications associated with Fin, but any good doc will at least push for you to be on it first before moving ahead.

The aggressive hairline question requires explanation: More aggressive than your native hairline, or restoring back to your native hairline? Big distinction.

Its not about how you ''should look'' at your age, but how you ''should look'' at your age relative to your existing hair loss.

Edited by esrec

So far I'm looking at dorin and wesley, anyone know if they are in the aggressive camp or not also what other docs do you know are recommended that are aggresive near here?

Also, as a fellow NY'er, it was tough for me to shake my ignorance that the "best of the best" surgeons were here. Plenty of super solid ones, but with the assistance of the group here I ended up with Dr. Shapiro. Do meet with Feller and Wes.

I'd take a good look at Konior too. He and Ron were extremely extremely meticulous in my pre consultations with them. They explained in detail where every single placement would go and why--accounting for right now and the future. I was drawn by that.

I cant speak for Rahal but obv he has a great rep too. Speak to as many docs as you can.

The truth of the matter is that each individual profile is different regarding donor supply, hair quality, hair characteristics, and of course their own ultimate potential for hair loss over a lifetime.

I know scores of men who at a younger age went for maximum density, aggressive hairlines, etc., only to find out as the years went by that they lost considerably more hair. And that is especially true for those men who do not stabilize their future loss with effective hair loss meds like low dose finasteride. Minoxidil will do nothing to prevent future loss.

On the surface we tend to think that aggressiveness is the key and in reality, it is not. HT surgery was founded on the premise of achieving a "restored look" based on a visual result, not necessarily on achieving a defined level of upper end density. And using up precious donor simply to achieve an upper end density does not make a significant visual difference in most cases.

The bottom line is that all restoration goals should consider not only on what is needed at present but what will be needed in the coming years "working within one's limited donor resources".

Chances are that you will care just as much about hair loss in 10, 20, 30 years from now as you do today. Yet we all need the donor supply to accommodate those areas of barren loss for the future.

My point is that our lifetime goals should correlate with the realistic limitations that we all have to prevent us from future disappointment and wishing we would have done things differently.

Finally, there is no such thing IMHO as the best doctor for hairlines. There are plenty of top notch surgeons who do outstanding work worldwide...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The truth of the matter is that each individual profile is different regarding donor supply, hair quality, hair characteristics, and of course their own ultimate potential for hair loss over a lifetime.

I know scores of men who at a younger age went for maximum density, aggressive hairlines, etc., only to find out as the years went by that they lost considerably more hair. And that is especially true for those men who do not stabilize their future loss with effective hair loss meds like low dose finasteride. Minoxidil will do nothing to prevent future loss.

On the surface we tend to think that aggressiveness is the key and in reality, it is not. HT surgery was founded on the premise of achieving a "restored look" based on a visual result, not necessarily on achieving a defined level of upper end density. And using up precious donor simply to achieve an upper end density does not make a significant visual difference in most cases.

The bottom line is that all restoration goals should consider not only on what is needed at present but what will be needed in the coming years "working within one's limited donor resources".

Chances are that you will care just as much about hair loss in 10, 20, 30 years from now as you do today. Yet we all need the donor supply to accommodate those areas of barren loss for the future.

My point is that our lifetime goals should correlate with the realistic limitations that we all have to prevent us from future disappointment and wishing we would have done things differently.

Finally, there is no such thing IMHO as the best doctor for hairlines. There are plenty of top notch surgeons who do outstanding work worldwide...;)

Nail. On. The. Head.

The only thing worse than entering surgery prematurely is entering surgery without consideration for the future. When people talk of conservative vs aggressive the narrative often focuses on the result we see in 12 months. Thats simply shortsighted.

Gillenator is spot on.