4500 grafts ASMED

Hairsearch21

Hey guys...

Everymonth i promise that we will "see" us on the next month mark...

And then BOOOM im sad as hell about everything and habe to "talk" to you sooner..

I wish id be a bit stronger... But this journey beats the shit out of me..

Its an important time in my life now..

Ive come threw some harder times but i never gave up..

And now, im sitting here on my couch cant sleep and write this to you.

Im 4 month 1 week post OP.

If i look at my pics from month 2 the difference is huge..

But im not happy with the situation now if thats all i can expect.

I know im only at 4 month... But damn, i really need this succees with this transplant.

Little stoppled everywher between the longer hair..

I think about cutting it all of now.. Because its so hard to see the new hair between al? the long hairs.

And then i think it looks not to bad right now and that those baby hairs will grow no matter if i cut it all to the same lenght and i can wait with that until 6 month or so when i only have to cut everything to 2 inches or so..

I dont know.. To many questions and at the moment i cant see the answers.

To be honest, if thats all density i can expect right now i would be disappointed.

Haha... If i read this tomorrow i will think: Damn, whats wrong with you man... Stop crying. But you guys are the only one who understands me and can feel for me.. And maybe can say something that helps me..

Im just down.. Really really down right now.

I have that feeling not that often..

Bit right know its bad..

Hmm maybe someone can say something that will bring my smile back :)..

Id appreciate it..

All the best guys..

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop looking in the mirror looking for a difference day to day - the differences are noted (as you stated) month to month - you are simply at the beginning stages of your growth and for you to be looking for a "success" at this point in the HT restoration process is unrealistic and a bit obsessive - wear your hair extremely short until your transplanted hairs mature and grow out with your native hair - wear a baseball cap, or do whatever you have to do to stop obsessing over your hair - at the end of the day, it is just that and it will not improve your life or outlook at all - only YOU will..... time will take care of the rest at this point - best of luck and your New Year will be great with your successful HT!

At only 4 months your only at the very beginning of your grafts growing. So you should be just out of the ugly duckling stage.

This is now the best time ! as you will see improvement month to month. It differs from person to person but I saw best changes between 6-9 months. Even though people say 12 months for your final result I still see changes up to 18 months.

You have got through the worst part!

Hey guys!

Happy new year to all of you :P

And hopefully a lot of hairs haha :).

So im 4,5months post op and i have to take pics every 2 weeks now because i think i will never have that amount of activity and my honeymoon time is now kicking in!

1-2 month more time and the density it there!

I think its a big improvemement feim where i started!

So guys let me know what youre thinking :).

Im very near to the point where i can say im happy :).

Not there, but i can see it :P

Pics in strong, normal and very harsh light.

Month 5 update will be in natural light outdoors :).

image.jpg.7636e25f4ab0faf5088836ce126f9eca.jpg

• Administrators

Looks good, start letting your hair grow out at this point, the longer your hair the better the coverage and density, just wait till you get to 6 months, I'll be at 6 months next week, and I got some pimples on my right side which is lagging, after pimples comes growth from my experience. Things should start progressing quickly for you now:D

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks good, start letting your hair grow out at this point, the longer your hair the better the coverage and density, just wait till you get to 6 months, I'll be at 6 months next week, and I got some pimples on my right side which is lagging, after pimples comes growth from my experience. Things should start progressing quickly for you now:D

Hey man!

Ive seen your story with Dr. Diep and your last pics were quite impressive! :)

Youre right on track for an amazing result - in my opinion it is already amazing.

Yeah, im happy with how things start to coming in.

The hard time is over for sure. :)

I can feel so many stubbles... Its crazy.

Id say there are more stubbles then long hairs.

I will not cut it till those stubbles are long enough to make a good cosmetic difference.

And im very confident for my 6 month mark in 1,5 month! :D

Cant wait for it!

All the best to you and i will follow your thread to the end (;

going to be a good result by the looks of it, real growth just starting. I like the way you show the hair in different lights good for future patients to see how lighting impacts the so called illusion of density, not a term I particularly like, a transplant is either dense looking or not ,but in the early stages it's appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys :)

Im at my 5 month mark..

Just wow haha :)

As most people say month 5-7 will be the best month for density and i think in my case its true.

I already have some kind of coverage and i was nearly completely bald on top before..

I can feel SO MUCH stubbles.. Its crazy. There is MUCH more to come im the next months as this hair will continue to grow :).

I think when im postint my 7 month update here i will talk about : Im totally satisfied!

Lets see if this will happen :)

Pray for me :P

So tell me what you think.. :)

In my oppinion for 5 month it looks good.

My goal is coverage and a nice hairstyle and i think i will hit that in the next months ! :)

Im a NW5A so my expactions are realistic.

But ive got in total 5800 grafts in two surgerys on an 120cm2 area. So i think 48FUs/cm2 avarage should give me that in the final result.

Maybe you can pic some of the stubbles up in the pictures!

I tried to bring them on pics but its hrd as the actually still are very short.

What do you think should/can i expect the coming months? :)

All the best guys!

image.jpg.a0cda5675a1336b457c6bf07e5436803.jpg

• Administrators

The front third is looming really thick, even in the harsh light and combed forward you can tell, have your tried to comb your hair back? Another month and the growth will be even better, still got 7 months left too happy for you bro :D

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Yeah that was the goal :).

To make the frontal third very dense :)..

Actually i try it yes, but my hair is to short for it at the moment.

As soon as possible i will jump on the slicked back style because i think it will work the best for me in times of facial features and to cover my crown (i will help covering the crown with some concealers and plan a final session in around 2 years :).

Yeah.. 7 months left :D

Im very excited! :)

• Administrators

my first surgery I felt stubbles, this second time around, I didn't really feel stubbles but I got pimples.

View my thread

I think thats a great thing for me :) isnt it?

That means, that i will have a much better result in the next month :D

Im sooooo excited man...

My sister actually looked at it and she said that there is so much more to come :).

Haha and i like my result already :)..

And im not at the halftime now :D.

I think both of us will go to the advanced hairloss museum with our "full head of hair" soon man ;).

Hey guys!

I just wanna let you know that i have a challenge against myself.

The challenge is: NOT look and check my hair for the next 14(!) days.

Im actually at day 3 now and im fine.

But i think it will be tricky to do it.

I can wear a hat in the work so im fine with that and can go out of the house with a hat everytime.

So... Why?

Why shouls someone do something like that.

Its easy. I will put my hat away after this 2 weeks and go out for the first time in years..

And that will be a great moment for me.

I will put some concealers on the crown and if i need some to the transplant area but i WILL go out WITHOUT a hat!

And from this moment on, i will take control back about my life..

Everyone who had surgery will know how hard it is to not checking your for atleast 2 weeks (!). And i think if i can do it i will feel much more confortable about myself and everything.

Im in that time were the result will slowly but surely come in.

And 2 weeks is at this position a lot of time especially when youre not looking in the mirror for this time period.

I will focus on my boxing and my other hobbies.

Will try to set my mind away from this.

If you look at your hair EVERYday for atleast 10-20 minutes, checking every new hair, youre not able to see real improvements over time.

And hopefully i will see a improvement over this 2 weeks.

I will update you at this with my 5,5 pics update.

@Vpac: i will post some before pics when im at month 7 and hopefully completely satisfied with the transformation.. :)

All the best to you guys.

Stay strong and remember, life is just too short to always worrying about hair.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Just wanna show you 2 hairline pics..

Not very satisfied with them to be honest.

I know its harsh light.

But thats no excuse for the little pluggy look.

Still more then 6 month to go to the final result, but most guys with very good results have them already around 6 month.

So yeah, i think i should research for a touch op with Hasson&Wong or a doc in that category.

I already have a strip scar and a very good laxity so they should take all i have left and maybe i can get even a better scar..

If this is my 12 month result, id say for the amount of grafts it was was under my ecpactations.

All the best

image.jpg.44f7113a95b984f0c4ac93ad25191a58.jpg