Best Volumizing Shampoo w/o Suspect Ingredients

• 3 weeks later...

I can see how this would be a good volumizing shampoo, since it added life/vitality to my hair. Unfortunately it orients it every which way/makes it difficult to tame/style, exposing thinning areas a little too much.

Any other good volumizing shampoos without sulfates and parabens that come to mind?

I read that Toppik hair building shampoo is really good but I haven't tried it yet. It also contains no SLS

It's a great volumizing shampoo. Maybe the best I've used. Lots of parabens though and you can just tell it's very harsh on the hair. I only use it for special occasions.

It's a great volumizing shampoo. Maybe the best I've used. Lots of parabens though and you can just tell it's very harsh on the hair. I only use it for special occasions.

You sure ? In their website they state clearly that the shampoo is FREE of sulfate and parabens a as well..

The regenepure NT (the one with no keto) is gentle. It has good ingredients and they claim that it gives the hair volume and can be used as conditioner.

You sure ? In their website they state clearly that the shampoo is FREE of sulfate and parabens a as well..

The regenepure NT (the one with no keto) is gentle. It has good ingredients and they claim that it gives the hair volume and can be used as conditioner.

Ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, and methylparaben are all ingredients listed on the bottle. Are there safe/not safe "parabens" or something? Regardless, to have the effect it does, this shampoo has to and does do a number on your hair.

Ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, and methylparaben are all ingredients listed on the bottle. Are there safe/not safe "parabens" or something? Regardless, to have the effect it does, this shampoo has to and does do a number on your hair.

Interesting... What you think of regenepure NT ? If it makes the hair looks good im thinking to make it my daily shampoo as they claim that it is very gentle and free of all harsh chemicals and has saw palmetto and so may other ingredients that might help against DHT (even if it's very little).... While using nizoral 2% once a week

After years of hearing Ovation Cell Therapy advertised on satellite radio, I finally took the bait and gave it a shot earlier this year. No sulfates/parabens - and it's honestly the only shampoo I've ever used that cleared up my easily irritated dry/flaky scalp. There's a money back guarantee, so no harm in trying it out.

I guess not every infomercial type product is a scam. :rolleyes:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

After years of hearing Ovation Cell Therapy advertised on satellite radio, I finally took the bait and gave it a shot earlier this year. No sulfates/parabens - and it's honestly the only shampoo I've ever used that cleared up my easily irritated dry/flaky scalp. There's a money back guarantee, so no harm in trying it out.

Interesting. Does it volumize though? Good information regardless as I have a pretty irritable scalp.

Interesting. Does it volumize though? Good information regardless as I have a pretty irritable scalp.

Yeah, it worked pretty well for me. They have a lot of different options though depending on what you're looking for (Volumizing being one of them.) I just switched to the Moisture Therapy with my last set to see if that helps keep my hair from feeling dry. Both work well for me though.

The prices are salon level prices, so keep in mind that it's a bit pricier than what you'll find in a drug store. The three bottle set costs around $100 and you can usually find a free shipping code online. My first set though lasted me about 5 months, so in the long run, it really wasn't that expensive. But I'm just stoked to not have a consistently itchy/flaky scalp, so I happily fork over the money. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

• 1 month later...

I had been asking a friend what she was doing with her hair bc it looked so much better and thicker. She told me she had been using monat products. It definitely helps with volume! She got it at beldridge.mymonat.com which is also where I got my shampoo and conditioner. I use their men's line and it has helped with the regrowth of my hair, too.

Sweet baby organic baby shampoo. I bought it because I thought it would be a good idea to have a mild, organic shampoo to use for a month or so post-op. And now I don't want to use anything else. Adds more volume than any other shampoo I have used, and seems to hold that volume for a long time. I have also noticed far less shedding since starting that shampoo, though I suppose that could also be attributed to the vitamin supplements I started taking around the same time, not sure.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the 'max pack' today. How long did it take for your scalp to clear up?

I got the 'max pack' today. How long did it take for your scalp to clear up?

Hey man. My scalp started feeling better within a couple of days. I'm on my second set now and it continues to deliver.

There are still times where my scalp will get really irritated when I use too much product (specifically heavier pastes) or if I go a couple days without washing it with Ovation. When that happens and my scalp gets really flaky/itchy/sometimes painful - I bring out the big guns and apply Raw Apple Cider Vinegar directly to my scalp in the shower and it literally clears up all the issues by the next morning. Like magic. :)

Hopefully this helps!

I've seen those infomercials too and thought they were a scam as well. I'm really interested in giving OCT a go. What's the full price you paid for it?

Started using it several days ago. Prior to doing so I pretty reliably had a zit or two or three somewhere on my scalp, though luckily not in the front. Now they're all gone, which is really nice. I don't like how "sturdy" or "stubborn" it makes the hair though...to me it's difficult to manage/style now. Tradeoffs, I suppose. HT and it won't matter :)

• 2 weeks later...
I've seen those infomercials too and thought they were a scam as well. I'm really interested in giving OCT a go. What's the full price you paid for it?

It depends on what package you get. You can use discount codes as well to get free shipping as a first time customer. (Type in Dr. Laura, for example at checkout).

The package I get cost around $100 for a 3 part treatment (shampoo, main treatment, and a conditioner/rinse), which seems steep except that it lasts a really long time. I bought my last set almost 5 months ago and I still have at least a month's worth or so more left. Worth it to me to get my scalp to stop itching.

Now if I could just find a product that won't irritate my scalp - that's my next challenge. With most of the products I use, I have to wash my hair almost daily with the Ovation to keep the itch and flakes away. Wah wahhhh.

Started using it several days ago. Prior to doing so I pretty reliably had a zit or two or three somewhere on my scalp, though luckily not in the front. Now they're all gone, which is really nice. I don't like how "sturdy" or "stubborn" it makes the hair though...to me it's difficult to manage/style now. Tradeoffs, I suppose. HT and it won't matter :)

Hey man! Glad to hear it took care of the zits and all that jazz.

As for how sturdy it makes your hair - are you using the cream rinse option as well? If you bought the package marketed to men, I believe they leave out the cream rinse, which would be the 3rd step of the 3 part regimen. I guess they think guys don't want extra soft hair. :cool: It basically serves as a really good conditioner and would maybe explain why you're hair feels sturdy if you're missing out on it.

And if you do use it and your hair still feels that way, maybe try putting a gentle leave in conditioner in your hair before it dries.

There are quite a number of volumizing shampoo in the market today. Some of them are inexpensive while others are expensive, so its important to know the ingredients of those shampoo before trying them. We don't want to regret in the end. So far I've tried moroccan oil extra volume and I like it.