Quiz for the Community- by Feller and Bloxham-Great Neck, NY

Multiple choice question:

What's the story with the person in the photo ?

A. Photo taken just before HT surgery

B. Photo taken just after HT surgery

C. Photo taken 10 months after FUT surgery

D. Photo taken 10 months after FUE surgery

E. Person is my mailman who never had HT surgery

All are welcome to play.

18.jpg.60d5fdd97d2d2abdb4b65d04d130d6a1.jpg

• Administrators

Its your mailman

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Look forward to the guesses and explanations!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I'm going with D because it looks like a strip scar so therefore it probably isn't

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Tommy is laying down a nice strategy!!

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

It's a trick again. That's not really the back of the head, it's actually the patient's face just covered in newly transplanted hair brushed forward to hide the face after a FUT from Dr Feller. Don't let the ears fool you, that's just trickery from Dr Feller who is just trying to show off how brilliant he is at FUT. In fact, I think the procedure went so well, that the hair grew that long straight away, therefore my answer is b.

It's a trick again. That's not really the back of the head, it's actually the patient's face just covered in newly transplanted hair brushed forward to hide the face after a FUT from Dr Feller. Don't let the ears fool you, that's just trickery from Dr Feller who is just trying to show off how brilliant he is at FUT. In fact, I think the procedure went so well, that the hair grew that long straight away, therefore my answer is b.

That's why you're the Stig.

I know it is a cop-out but it could be any. Scars for either FUT or FUE could be covered as th hair looks grade 4 or above. Reduction in density due to FUE would also be undetectable.

Point should be that either surgery is undetectable above certain grade.

Some good guesses and explanations as usual!

I said "A" earlier in the thread. Does he have a system on the top portion of the head? There seems to be a slight contrast in color, though that could be explained by miniaturization or something like a hair product, what have you. Doesn't look like miniaturization to me though. I tread carefully because I don't want to float the idea that someone is sporting a system when they aren't....

I said "A" earlier in the thread. Does he have a system on the top portion of the head? There seems to be a slight contrast in color, though that could be explained by miniaturization or something like a hair product, what have you. Doesn't look like miniaturization to me though. I tread carefully because I don't want to float the idea that someone is sporting a system when they aren't....

Nope. No hair systems. That's his real hair.

Here is a link to the full case:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180969-video-3000-grafts-10-months-feller-bloxham-great-neck-ny.html

I know it is a cop-out but it could be any. Scars for either FUT or FUE could be covered as th hair looks grade 4 or above. Reduction in density due to FUE would also be undetectable.

Point should be that either surgery is undetectable above certain grade.

Give that man a cigar.

You got it, Destorius .

It doesn't matter one bit what he had done, the point is that the donor area can't be seen.

A simple concept, but one that has been lost, purposefully in many cases, on this and other chat sites.

99.9% of patients couldn't care less about being able to shave their donor area because they never intend to shave their hair down...especially after they've spent their hard earned money on a hair transplant. That's what makes the FUT vs. FUE "debate" invalid.

So Destorius you not only got it, but you "get it". Well done. More to come.

Here's the link to the patient by the way:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180969-video-3000-grafts-10-months-feller-bloxham-great-neck-ny.html

Give that man a cigar.

You got it, Destorius .

It doesn't matter one bit what he had done, the point is that the donor area can't be seen.

A simple concept, but one that has been lost, purposefully in many cases, on this and other chat sites.

99.9% of patients couldn't care less about being able to shave their donor area because they never intend to shave their hair down...especially after they've spent their hard earned money on a hair transplant. That's what makes the FUT vs. FUE "debate" invalid.

So Destorius you not only got it, but you "get it". Well done. More to come.

Here's the link to the patient by the way:

So Doc, what do I win? :)