should i do a fue? How many grafts?

mosd

so im tired of not beeing able to style my hair and that i need to cover it up or use cap all the time.

My front is pretty thin as you can se when hair is wet but when its dry it gives good coverage. So if i doing i fue i think that pretty low grafts can give good coverage.

IMG_20150910_183542.jpg.e34c48c55b6eb8e4bf695123a7f3782e.jpg

IMG_20150910_215603.jpg.680391ca9fc30f81450f09d46d376203.jpg

IMG_20150910_215816.jpg.e667d2c1ba58c69060893605b4ef97c5.jpg

IMG_20150910_215625.jpg.d7bcd930f2e5d5a7ca3d523a90374c36.jpg

IMG_20150910_215622.jpg.45d32078e56978a2f29e2578fa5d71aa.jpg

IMG_20150910_215606.jpg.a036b92636f8946e238197146a6e017b.jpg

That puff of hair right in the front.

What's left of your hairline.

yeah its getting thinner but it happens really slow. I use finasteride. How many grafts per cm2 do you think i have there now? If i can get that thickness in temples i would be happy :)

• Administrators

FUT for the amount of hairloss you have is not worth it, you can get great results with FUE and you still be able to wear your hair short in the sides.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely FUT 2000 or a bit more grafts. You may lose more hair in future. If you do FUE you most likely will not be able to wear your hair short. Here's an FUE patient on another topic that thought the same thing and look how it turned out when he shaved his head:

Do you think he's happy with that and can shave it to go to the football game without anyone noticing?

attachment.php?attachmentid=84396&d=1443037545

no that does not always happen, i regularly shaved down 0-1-2-3 blade, to the trained eye you can see maybe 10 white dots (maybe) to the untrained eye you cannot tell ive had a HT

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Mosd,

You'll see good and bad examples of FUE and FUT scarring shared on this site. Statistically speaking, you'll likely fall somewhere in the middle. A general rule, however is this: don't expect to really ever "shave down" after hair transplant surgery. This holds true for both FUE and FUT. It's a fallacy that you can truly "buzz and move on with your life" if you have any type of surgery in the back of your scalp. The arguments about which is obvious, which isn't, who will be able to pick up what, et cetera can go on forever, but just keep the general rule in mind as you move forward. This will help you go into things with realistic expectations. And if you do have any intent to ever truly buzz down, do a trial of it now before you have any surgery. If you like the look, you're good and saved yourself tens of thousands of dollars!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 weeks later...

so i have talked to resol yaman and i think i will choose him. Had contact with a guy from his team who is really really kind and helpful.

They offered me 2500 grafts.

1000 from hair and 1500 from beard.

This is the design the doctor recommended.

So what do you guys think? Its my first fue is it wise to place beard grafts in frontal area? And maybe some in the hairline?

12170027_10153281157454426_56651513_o.jpg.5615ae7c81d21a1777094479df95592c.jpg

so i have talked to resol yaman and i think i will choose him. Had contact with a guy from his team who is really really kind and helpful.

They offered me 2500 grafts.

1000 from hair and 1500 from beard.

This is the design the doctor recommended.

So what do you guys think? Its my first fue is it wise to place beard grafts in frontal area? And maybe some in the hairline?

Why would you even consider beard grafts when you have such a good full & coarse donor hair area ?

Even if you have a family history of high Norwoods I'd save the beard grafts as a last resort later down the road if necessary...Good Luck

I tend to agree with MrMatt, why so many beard grafts when you seem to have a full and coarse donor area?

Beard grafts are usually taken when not enough hair grafts are available.

Good luck!

Darlinglocks

FUE 1524 grafts with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Dr Tejinder Bhatti's Profile

ive heard that beard grafts will redefine it structure men placed on the head? In that case there shouldnt be no reasons not to use the beard hair?

Or am i wrong?

what do you guys think of the amount of grafts? 2500? And that hairline design?

Is the hairline to aggresive? Am i placing it to low?

If you have enough grafts in your donor area and apparently you do, it doesn't make sense to take 1500 grafts from the beard area and only 1000 grafts from the donor area

It feels as if he is scared in giving you density without the thick beard grafts using only 1000 grafts from your donor area.

What if you need them later?

Darlinglocks

FUE: 1524 grafts with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Dr Tejinder Bhatti's Profile

it was i who started talking about beard grafts and how i was affraid of using to much of the donor area so he suggested to use the 1500 grafts i have in the beard.

By looking at my pictures the doctor thought that i had more than 6000 grafts hair and 1500 grafts from beard.