Potential Coalition Membership for Dr. Cam Simmons of Toronto

Dear Forum Members,

Dr. Cam Simmons of Toronto has been showing impressive examples of his ultra refined hair transplant results on this forum since he was approved for recommendation back in February of 2009. His dedication to excellence and genuine care for hair loss sufferers is further exemplified by answering hair loss related questions on this forum and on our popular Hair Loss Q&A blog.

Given Dr. Simmons dedication to producing state of the art results and the excellent reviews by his patients and members of our community, I feel strongly that he should be considered for the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. Only those physicians who prove to regularly produce world class results are invited to join this prestigious group of surgeons. To see our standards for the Coalition, click here.

While seeing is believing, in addition to evaluating the dozens of examples of Dr. Simmons' exceptional work on this forum, Patrick Hennessey also visited and observed him and his clinic in live surgery. To see the highlights of Pat's visit, view 'Visit to Dr. Cam Simmons' Clinic in Toronto, Canada'. Dr. Simmons performs the 'Stick and Place' technique and prefers leaving a bit of extra tissue around the grafts to protect them. However, Dr. Simmons uses minimally invasive tools and can densely pack up to 65 FU/cm2 when appropriate for the patient. Thus, we believe his results are ultra refined.

To learn more about Dr. Simmons' experience, technique and hair transplant philosophy, visit his Hair Transplant Network recommendation profile.

We welcome all input and comments regarding his potential inclusion.

View some of his recent patient photos below:

5220 Grafts in 2 Sessions with Dr. Simmons

3288 Grafts with Dr. Simmons

3026 grafts with Dr. Simmons

4404 grafts in 2 Sessions Female Traction Alopecia Case with Dr. Simmons

3236 grafts with Dr. Simmons

3088 grafts with Dr. Simmons

2944 grafts with Dr. Simmons

2516 grafts female patient album and video

3043 grafts with Dr. Simmons

Several additional examples of Dr. Simmons' ultra refined work can be found in the Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics forum.

We look forward to your feedback.

Bill

Guys,

I know there's been a lot of activity in this section of the forum lately. So I'm bumping this back up to the top in case you didn't see it.

In my opinion, Dr. Simmons is doing first rate ultra refined work. We would appreciate your input on his potential Coalition membership.

Best wishes,

Bill

I looked over each one of the photo albums and I'd have to say that I am very impressed. Each one includes great photo documentation and a detailed write-up along with it. I don't think you could be any more forthcoming than Dr. Simmons in his presentation.

As for his results, he always seems to achieve a great illusion of density. That seems to be his forte. I'd like to see some detailed hairline close-ups, but the hairlines all look great from the views we are currently given. He's certainly got my vote.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I will add that it's too bad we don't have any patient blogs from Dr. Simmons.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Good bump, Bill; this thread managed to totally evade my eyes amidst the flurry of activity.

Dr. Simmons' transparency, attitude, commitment, and henceforth results absolutely merit serious consideration into the Coalition; I personally feel he is already there in his approach, class, and results, so getting the official greenlight is something I'd feel more than confident about.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Bill, Dr Simmons puts out some excellent, world class results. In that aspect, I fully endorse his recommendation for the Coalition. However, I do have one concern, and this could be 'nit-picking,' but I've thought about it for a while. Does anyone else think that Dr. Simmon's immediate post-op pictures look, for lack of a better term, quite gruesome. It seems like there is quite a bit of redness and dried blood in the direct post-operative pictures, and it makes me wonder if this phenomenon comes from larger slit sizes, tech placement, or some sort blood thinning component of the anesthetic?? Again, this could just be my opinion, it clearly does not affect the final outcome (his results have amazing density, I really enjoy the hairline designs - and the female traction case is particularly impressive), and I do still endorse his recommendation. Just curious. Maybe Dr Simmons can comment? Again, congratulations Dr Simmons and I hope you are approved.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Future_HT_Doc,

I appreciate you expressing your concerns about his postoperative photos.

In general, the stick and place technique may appear less refined and neat because the blood isn't usually wiped away as frequently as when incisions are made in advance since the grafts are in place.

Ultimately however, it's the final results that really count.

All the Best,

Bill

Bill,

A ha!! That would explain it. I definitely should have done a bit more research before posting. I was unaware that Dr Simmons uses the stick and place technique (which again, is not affecting the excellent results), which explains the post op appearance. Thank you for clearing that up, and I continue to support Dr Simmons recommendation to the coalition.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks to everyone who contributed their valuable feedback regarding the potential Coalition membership for Dr. Simmons. In addition to your input, we sought the private feedback of physicians recommended by our community.

Given the multitude of positive remarks and support for Dr. Simmons, we'd like to congratulate him on becoming our newest member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. You can view Dr. Simmons' Coalition profile by clicking here.

I trust we'll continue to see great things from him and his clinic in the years to come.

Best wishes,

Bill

Congrats Dr Simmons!!

• 1 month later...